• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Eater Property Question

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

Looking for clarification on the Eater property,

I'm under the understanding that Damage Eater is capped at 18% but I can also have Fire Eater at 12% for a combined 30% which is the capor I can have 30% cap of any type (aside from damage of course).

My question is the following as I've been told both

Is Eater capped at 30% total no matter which combined type(s) they are , or can I also have a Kinect / Cold / Poison / Energy / Fire piece at 12% and Damage Eater of 18% to meet the 30% cap for each type?

Thanks for the help :)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I as I understand it, only 1 type of eater is invoked on any 1 hit...

So if you have 18 "Damage Eater" and you have 15 Fire eater, the Fire never comes into play. They don't stack up to 30. What I've seen written would indicate that the specific eater is checked first, so you might only eat 12% of an explosion... but 18% of an ebolt.

I've never seen anything written that even remotely suggests that eater's stack...

I also have no idea what the effect would be if you have multiple eaters, and get hit by combo damage... like if you have 30% of each eater, and someone with a valorite enhanced weapon hits you, I've got no clue what might happen. Do all 5 eaters fire, or just the one for the damage type that is first in the internal algorithm, or the one with the highest damage %age from the weapon itself?

Sounds like some test centering is in order, as, like I said, I've never seen anything written about the topic.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the answer, yeah.. Everytime I ask off of Stratics in game chat I get opposite answers each time zzz, and never seen anything official.

I as I understand it, only 1 type of eater is invoked on any 1 hit...

So if you have 18 "Damage Eater" and you have 15 Fire eater, the Fire never comes into play. They don't stack up to 30. What I've seen written would indicate that the specific eater is checked first, so you might only eat 12% of an explosion... but 18% of an ebolt.

I've never seen anything written that even remotely suggests that eater's stack...

I also have no idea what the effect would be if you have multiple eaters, and get hit by combo damage... like if you have 30% of each eater, and someone with a valorite enhanced weapon hits you, I've got no clue what might happen. Do all 5 eaters fire, or just the one for the damage type that is first in the internal algorithm, or the one with the highest damage %age from the weapon itself?

Sounds like some test centering is in order, as, like I said, I've never seen anything written about the topic.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can have every eater..as long as the elemental is higher than the damage..I usually go with 15-18% damage eater 30%fire/25-30% kinetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk