• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Easiest Mob to take down for Mastery Primer

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hawkwind gives you a quest to kill a named or peerless monster. Which monster would be easiest for melee?

Presently, I have all 70 resist, 35 lmc, 30 DCI. 120 HP, 157 stamina, 60 mana. Use a diamond mace 57 hml, 50 life leech, 30 hld, and 30 ssi. 4fc 6fcr

90 mace (120 scrolled)
100 TAC
100 Ana
120 Chi
100 Par
100 Necro (Vamp Form)
100 Res

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are just after the mastery book I would just buy one from vendor search. You don't need to do the Hawkwind quest to use the book.

As for the easiest I would say Barracoon (Vermin horde spawn).

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All you get from the quest is the book and a level 1, so it's pretty useless after a while.

I just want to know how the hell to get a level 3 mastery.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you get from the quest is the book and a level 1, so it's pretty useless after a while.

I've seen the lvl 1 to 3 books on vendors, but I have not seen a Mastery book. Don't you have to have the Mastery book first?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The easiest way to get a mastery book is if you have a bard - just get the quest in the Britain conservatory to disco 5 goats - the mastery book is then good for anything

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran

Doing champ spawns you get more mastery books than doing peerless: 6 to 1. So just go farm your favorite spawn, eventually you'll get L3s. I've gotten 2 L3s in the same spawn before.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should do felucca spawns ilshenar spawns only give lv1 and sometimes lv2 primers

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hmm - good point, I have never done a non-fel spawn, because I know that you don't get much of use from them...

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Agree, for level 3 primers Fel spawns are really the only place I've seen them. As for the mastery book, just get a bard to get you one, if it's Atlantic I give em out free to anyone who asks.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The tram turtle spawn also drop them, and I suspect the 2 tram exclusive champ spawns might too, but I didn't bother trying them.
It is much easier to find a remote champ in fel lost lands and spawn there instead. But yeah, the easiest mob to get them would be Baracoon. But you risk being raided there no matter where you play.

For peerless, I have only seem them drop up to level 2 primers, even fel Mel. They might actually drop level 3 ones, but if they do, the drop rate is so small it can be considered negligible.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree, for level 3 primers Fel spawns are really the only place I've seen them. As for the mastery book, just get a bard to get you one, if it's Atlantic I give em out free to anyone who asks.
I set up a steward at my bathhouse on Europa. Anyone wanting a book I tell go there and say 'book'.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Doing champ spawns you get more mastery books than doing peerless: 6 to 1. So just go farm your favorite spawn, eventually you'll get L3s. I've gotten 2 L3s in the same spawn before.
Do you have to go all the way to the end, or can you get L3 drops in the middle of the spawn?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And if you are running a protector with knight of justice, you can get between 0 to 6 extra primers after killing the champion.
Along with 6 extra power scrolls.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It only takes ~20 minutes to clear the baracoon spawn from dropping honor on the idol till he's dead. This is too long for you?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nah, the spawn's not hard, just kind of boring - unless you get raided, of course, then it's a bit of a bust - actually it's really only kind of fun with some companions to break up the monotony - that's just my opinion
Edit: OK, Tuan, now you got me thinking I might revive some of my characters on a more quiet shard and look for some group spawn activity :)

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is well worth doing. I take a sampire and then have another char to "protect". I get 12x scrolls and 6x primers each run. Also random SOTs during the spawn + the chance of a champ spawn arty drop.

I find doing the spawns anywhere else from Fel a total waste of time. From experience I find the champ spawn artifact drops (LT sash etc.) way to low. You don't get any scrolls and the loot in the champs is terrible.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is well worth doing. I take a sampire and then have another char to "protect". I get 12x scrolls and 6x primers each run. Also random SOTs during the spawn + the chance of a champ spawn arty drop.

I find doing the spawns anywhere else from Fel a total waste of time. From experience I find the champ spawn artifact drops (LT sash etc.) way to low. You don't get any scrolls and the loot in the champs is terrible.
On protection: Is it still true that you have to have the justice virtue to protect, and the only way to raise justice is killing reds?

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It only takes ~20 minutes to clear the baracoon spawn from dropping honor on the idol till he's dead. This is too long for you?
Then you are moving super fast. I have to take about 35 to 40 minutes to finish it, because if I rush level 3 ill end up having to find a wondering healer.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Then you are moving super fast. I have to take about 35 to 40 minutes to finish it, because if I rush level 3 ill end up having to find a wondering healer.
I consistently come in at 31 minutes from the time I recall away from the bank, run into the dugeon, challenge the champ, complete the spawn, gather all the gold, loot the corpse, get back to the bank. I'm quite certain this could be slimmed down by at least 1 minute if I optimized my build specifically for this spawn. That means that I'm killing the whole spawn in maybe 23 or 24 minutes.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I consistently come in at 31 minutes from the time I recall away from the bank, run into the dugeon, challenge the champ, complete the spawn, gather all the gold, loot the corpse, get back to the bank. I'm quite certain this could be slimmed down by at least 1 minute if I optimized my build specifically for this spawn. That means that I'm killing the whole spawn in maybe 23 or 24 minutes.
Don't be discouraged if it takes you longer, Tuan is a vet in the warrior's forum, able to master complex templates and gear, not exactly your average player.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Or you can do like all of us and red a character in another account and kill it repeatedly. :p
Really? Lol. And you make that character red in the first place by killing one of your own blues? What a hoot. You twicky wabbits are just full of twicks.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Really? Lol. And you make that character red in the first place by killing one of your own blues? What a hoot. You twicky wabbits are just full of twicks.
Wouldn't be needed if the devs had given us a less grindy, PvM way to do it.
But since they didn't... that is how I am rolling. At 250 ms ping, there is no way I could excel at PvP to kill a red. And there is... maybe 3, 4 reds at Legends? If that many.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Wouldn't be needed if the devs had given us a less grindy, PvM way to do it.
But since they didn't... that is how I am rolling. At 250 ms ping, there is no way I could excel at PvP to kill a red. And there is... maybe 3, 4 reds at Legends? If that many.
... or for those of us that play at off times on some of the emptier shards. If I was able to kill every Red I saw while out and about ... I still wouldn't have killed enough in the last year or so to get Knight.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone soloed the Dragon turtle with a melee class already?
If someone said yes, I would have to see proof of them actually 'soloing' it before I would believe that. Its insane to get past the apes and tigers, how can u survive the bananas long enough to group things to mass kill. If just single target clearing for most part I doubt someone could kill fast enough to progress.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Even if you manage to push the spawn to the end, I don't think a melêé fighter can solo the dragon turtle herself.
Also, everything in that spawn has way too much HP. It is much faster to solo a classic fel spawn.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, i have never seen a Lvl 3 Primer drop in Tram (other than the Dragon Turtle), i've only ever seen them drop at Fel Champ Spawns.