• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

earthquake

M

mr crabs

is there a way to turn the efect of the darn eq OFF it is driving me buggy when the screen shakes like mad ?

F

Fink

It's better than it was but still pretty severe. I gather you've been following the event? It seems to be the preferred spell.

D

Diggity

They did tone it down. But at the T2a event there are now 3 to 10 times as many people casting it :). Makes it very tough to target individual mobs while the screen is shaking all the time. I'd vote for a toggle to turn the effect off.

M

mr crabs

ya at the event and YES to the toggle button lol devs can u please install a screen shake toggle?????????

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yep, a toggle for that one would be MUCH appreciated. I don't get motion sick often, but the lack of control and the screen shake does it for me quite effectively.

Not fun and definitely lessens the enjoyment of an event where people are spamming the spell.

F

Fink

As it stands it's just a drawback for EC. It would be akin to forcing the Dark Nights option on all Classic users.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I'd rather see a quick ground crack around the caster. That way I know who's casting it and it won't interfere with other's screens. Either way, I'd still want to see some effect so I know MY cast happened.

P

Phineas le Monge

Trying to target a single ophidian was impossible with about ten mages spamming earthquake- everytime there is a re-spawn the "tilt a whirl" starts again - I don't even think they are looting...

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it i a real pain at the event for us who play pure warriors.

But so far as I can tell it is only a this event that it is a real problem.

I've found ways to deal with it. I have "target nearest enemy" mapped to a mouse button then I jut double click the target window.

I kind of like the spell effect though. It makes things difficult and sometimes frustrating at the event but at least the spell looks and feels like real magic at work. It's pretty neat how everything including me gets bounced around :)

I'm much more annoyed with all the kill stealers and greedy peeps who just have to hack away at the one ophid that you're fighting.

And don't get me started on all the EVs. I always know when the next wave is about to hit because my screen will damn near fill up with evs about 5-10 seconds before they spawn.

I'm starting to honestly think that I'm the only one who will not engage an enemy if it's health is less than 100%. If they show damage I know someone's working on it and I let it be.

Me on the other hand have killed less than half the ophids that I have engaged in battle with. Over half the time I get bombarded with evs and I lose out on lots of points that I was working on.

I still havn't reached 2000 points because I have to fight 5 times longer to get the same points as everyone else.

This however will not discourage me. If I have to go toe toe longer and harder so be it. I'm not going to pancake (anymore) about what I can't change. I'll just soldier through it.

Back to topic, I say Leave earthquake alone and figure out a way to reign in the greedy peeps.