• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ealand sims and thier Fate, Q for the Devs.

F

frogger2

Hey I hear Ealand sims will go bye bye for good once all the city merges are complete. is that true? if so why bother giveing us sims to play with? thats kinda Evil of tso Devs to do lol. once city merge hits we should still keep at least our first 3 out of 6 sims that would be sweet. I keep asking around and still no one knows for sure what will become of all of our sims in Ealand can any dev member please answer that question? to make clear again 1 more time the Q is what will happen to all Ealand sims after final city merge. sorry to repeat but sometimes players read posts without knowing what the point of post really is lol.

G

From what we've been told by Lee, it is my understanding that (at least) the first sim we create in EA-Land will not be deleted...second, third, etc are questionable depending on whether or not you have sims being merged.

All in all I think at this point the only sim you are GUARANTEED is the first sim you created in EA-Land. Others depend on what you have going on elsewhere.

G

This has been asked and answered so many times I lost count, but EA Land sims, homes, money, inventory will not be wiped, either before or after the merge!

I

imported_SimTripps

I guess people are concerned with the number of sim slots. We don't have to worry about TC3, but I'm assuming it's the production cities + EA Land slots that are the concern. Current EA Land beta has 4 sim slots to create with, whereas production cities have 3. Say, for example, you have 3 production city sims, and you've anxiously made 4 EA Land sims - will the EA Land sims show post-merge, or only the first 3, and the other 4 will be 'hidden'?

F

frogger2

I know that what the q is about, NIKIKING is how many of our 6 current sims will we keep not if our sims will keep thier homes and objects lol.

G

Copied from the sticky in CH:

What will happen to the new sims we just made in EA-Land when the cities merge? Will they get wiped?

No the new sims we have just created in EA-Land are not going to be wiped and we will keep the money we are earning now

G

<blockquote><hr>

Copied from the sticky in CH:

What will happen to the new sims we just made in EA-Land when the cities merge? Will they get wiped?

No the new sims we have just created in EA-Land are not going to be wiped and we will keep the money we are earning now

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you've created too many sims in EA-Land...

I

imported_SimTripps

That's what I was saying Strike - 3 prod city sims + 3 EA Land sims = an over-populated login screen lol...
If we have only 3 slots for post-merge prod + EA Land, then it'll be a problem lol..

G

Right you are, but we dont know what will happen, I think we can guess tho that they would become inaccessable the same way the dozens of extra sims made in TC3 did after they fixed it so only 6 would show.

I

imported_debslee

Just to try and assist - this was taken from what Lee posted on the number of Sims in EA Land. Trust this helps.

<font color="blue"> </font> As we promised when we opened ealand we would let you create there. We also said in the blog, stratics, and teh pub that you should make 1 avatar there. The number of avatars that you will have per account as a maximum is the following. (This is a theoretical maximum and much depends on when, how, and order of creation)

1 avatar for EALand on opening
3 avatar merged from other cities
4 avatars when BV gets merged.
6 avatars as viewed from TC3

Ner as I can tell that is 11 more than you can have per account now.

L

Lucky Hawk

<blockquote><hr>

Just to try and assist - this was taken from what Lee posted on the number of Sims in EA Land. Trust this helps.

<font color="blue"> </font> As we promised when we opened ealand we would let you create there. We also said in the blog, stratics, and teh pub that you should make 1 avatar there. The number of avatars that you will have per account as a maximum is the following. (This is a theoretical maximum and much depends on when, how, and order of creation)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...

But I don't want my Betaville sims here. Nor do I want my TC3 sims. Now, can I keep my sims from the extra EALand slots? (Just want my EALand sims and merged city sims)

G

Greg stated this on Nov 6

To be safe you sould only create one EA Land sim. Or see what happens after the first merge. You should know after the first merge if more than one sim will be allowed. Then you will have a lil time to empty them and get them ready for deletion. You could maybe hold a house for one you have taking the bullet train and then delete it before all the 3 prod sims are moved. If you only have 2 prod city sims and created 6 in TC3 and create more than one in EA Land you will prob have to delete all TC3 sims before you gain access to the second EA Land sim. I would not plan on keeping more than one, if you have TC3 sims.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...

But I don't want my Betaville sims here. Nor do I want my TC3 sims. Now, can I keep my sims from the extra EALand slots? (Just want my EALand sims and merged city sims)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dont want your BV sims in EA Land, delete them. Your TC3 sims will live forever in TC3 unless you delete them. However many EA Land sims you make now, do it knowing there may come a day when anymore then one is not accessable to you.

I

imported_debslee

I agree with Niki on the BV Sims not wanting to come to EA Land - to just delete them, and that TC3 Sims will never move.
Also I might add, I am VERY cautious about adding more than one sim per account in EA Land when the Devs have been very specific that they are allowing ONE sim per account to play there......Err on the side of caution for now is what I would do, until there is more clarity after the merge.

F

frogger2

Hey ty for info all just another bit in bettaville you can die by fire and cooking by at least 4 skill points is paramount in BV or you will burn down your home, will that be incorperated into Ealand?
fire fire fire

I

imported_Spacey

Call me slow, but I am not sure if I am getting this correctly. Can we still have our 3 production city sims AND have a sim in the new EALand? Or will we have to delete an old sim to access it right away.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

Can we still have our 3 production city sims AND have a sim in the new EALand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey I hear Ealand sims will go bye bye for good once all the city merges are complete. is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]

False.

Edited to add: Oy, I hit submit too quickly. I wanted to find Lee's post about this from a couple of months ago where he explained the number of sims you can have (and made Gracie cross-eyed in the process). It is midnight, and I'ma bout to pass out. Would someone else please post it if you find it?

G

I remember recently he said the total number of EA Land sims would be 4, which means that if people have 3 production city sims awaiting merge, they should only create 1 EA Land sim. There is a <u>possibility</u> according to what he said, that BV sims will be able to be merged to EA Land, but most likely only the master sim will make it in. He didn't say though that if people did not have BV sims that it would be safe to create extra sims in their place.....the fate of BV is just not known at all. Bottom line, like several have said, to be on the safe side is only to create one EA Land sim until the merges are complete, unless you want to run the risk of losing the extras. I don't understand why anybody would need to have more than one EA Land sim on a single account right now anyway, since playing more than one sim on one account simultaneously has not been activated yet. I could understand it if we COULD play them all at once, but since we can't I don't get why people are wanting to jump the gun so bad

ETA: Pulled this from up top of this forum, the FAQ – EA LAND - UPDATED 20th January 08 post

<blockquote><hr>

The number of avatars that you will have per account as a maximum is the following. (This is a theoretical maximum and much depends on when, how, and order of creation)

[/ QUOTE ]

This does say 'theoretical' but still seems a little vague in wording given Lee's statement that BV's fate is still not known, so I don't think if BV cant' be merged that we will get 4 MORE slots to add new sims anyway, will we? This says 'when' BV gets merged, but there is still a question of *if* it can happen....make sense? At any rate 1 original + 3 merged from other cities = 4 definite EA Land sims, plus 6 definite TC3 sims......the other 4 slots personally I'm not gonna count on till I see my family, or master sim, safely in BV. I'd be tickled pink if the master sim did make it though, since the BV family is the oldest ones I've got since returning after taking a break that was too long to keep my other sims from being wiped.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Call it......ScrewMFr'sville

I'm feeling like Mount Fuji got the raw end of the 'Luck' stick. Lucky hat draw, right. We all see who the top 4 are and we also see where us MF'rs stand don't we. We are still getting the proverbial SHAFT.

By the time we get merged, the power players from both BF an AV will already be set up and in business and the only left for us to do is kiss their rear-ends.

So, please state up front if this is set in stone because personally I have better things to do with my time then to sit around waiting for nothing. And a 'time' frame would be nice too.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

After spending months in TC3 and exploring the whole slot issue, I believe I have a very clear understanding of what we have and what we will have after the merges.

After all the merges are complete...

You will have
8 sim slots in EA-Land
6 sim slots in TC3

Pre-merge
3 TSO slots
1 EA-Land slot
4 BV slots
6 TC3 slots.

(Note: to actually have 3 tso slots those sims would have had to be created before any TC3 sims were created)

TSO will merge to EAland Giving you
3TSO+1EAland = 4 slots.

Then BV will merge to EAland giving you
3TSO+1EALand+4 BV slots=8 slots.

TC3 is on a separate server and you will always have 6 slots there.

Before the merge to EALand

It is possible to create more than one sim in EAland. However, when your old TSO sims are merged they will take the place of younger sims you create in EAland. The only EALand sim that is safe is the first sim you created there. If you will be only merging 2 old TSO sims, then the first 2 sims you created in EAland will be safe. If you do not have any TSO sims to merge at all, then you can safely create 4 EAland sims.

At some point down the line when decisions have been finalized about betaville, I expect we will all be given 4 additional slots to accommodate our betaville sims. If you do not have any BV sims then you will be able to create 4 new sims then.

G

<blockquote><hr>

At some point down the line when decisions have been finalized about betaville, I expect we will all be given 4 additional slots to accommodate our betaville sims. If you do not have any BV sims then you will be able to create 4 new sims then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bolding by me for emphasis on the word *expect*. I think that's what all of us would expect, or hope for, but based on how shaky the whole BV issue still is, I don't think it's safe to bank on this. If for some reason BV cannot be merged at all, even our master sims, then I don't see any reason that the devs would give us 4 extra slots, when we already have 4 slots for EA Land plus 6 TC3 sims......4 sims is more than enough to skill each sim in 2 separate skills a piece, and have all the skills covered, so why in the world would we *need* another 4 sims on top of that, other than to accomodate our BV sims?

None of us knows what will happen, but if I had to make a bet in a running pool or something, my odds would be that as was stated by one of the devs (Lee, perhaps?) that it is very possible that only our master sim will survive of our BV families........this would be hunky dory with me, as that sim would then be my oldest sim. Anybody can create in BV, so anybody has the option of creating a family in order to get that extra sim even if they never actually play in BV, so I don't see any reason for the devs to allow for extra slots either if the BV merge can't happen, or if a person steadfastly chooses not to create a sim in BV as a means of boycotting. If they wanna boycott, that's their perrogative, but IMO the price of that would be not having that extra sim in the end.

Ideally all 4 sims will survive the BV merge into EA Land, but somehow I just have this sneaking suspicion that its not going to work out this way. By not having the expectation, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen, and if it does I'll be (very) pleasantly surprised.
Win/win, either way.

A

AshleyTSO

I personally don't like the idea of everyone having 8 sims
in EA Land I think there are more cons then pros about it, but oh well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm feeling like Mount Fuji got the raw end of the 'Luck' stick. Lucky hat draw, right. We all see who the top 4 are and we also see where us MF'rs stand don't we. We are still getting the proverbial SHAFT.

By the time we get merged, the power players from both BF an AV will already be set up and in business and the only left for us to do is kiss their rear-ends.

So, please state up front if this is set in stone because personally I have better things to do with my time then to sit around waiting for nothing. And a 'time' frame would be nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa!! Calm down der lil' laydie. The only "shaft" MF got was through luck. Here's how it all went down:

Lee and I were gossiping in his office when Greg came by.

1. I listed off all the server names to Greg as he wrote them down. I made sure to use the dirty names Randy and I have given them over the years. (Greg did not bat an eyelash. Pffft!) We didn't do Betaville because we knew that one would be last.

2. He tore the paper so that each piece of paper included a city name.

3. Lee provided a small empty box, and Greg put the pieces of paper in there.

4. Lee held the box (why he wouldn't put it on the desk, I know not), I drew the names, and Greg wrote them down. Again, I used dirty names. Look, how many other chances will I have to use those names???

5. Larry walked by laughing and jokingly said that's how we should do ALL of our updates from now on. Just put a bunch of ideas in a box, and let me draw it out. I readily agreed. Lee and Greg pretended they did not hear me. Boo! Hiss!

6. Lee made the blog post.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally missed this post until Parizad replied to it, dunno how, but I backed up to the original post so I could ask this question myself:

I'm assuming you're saying MF got the 'shaft' because it's a lesser populated city. If your theory is true, then please explain to me how EAST JEROME, an equally unpopulated city, ended up at the top of the list and AV and BF, cities known to be the most populated, were more toward the middle than the top? If you're not saying MF was shafted due to low population, then I don't understand how you feel they got shafted, or for what reason you think they were 'deliberately shafted'. Care to explain WHY you think the way you do?

G

Not answering for Dutch, but just going to say the way I took her post.

I think she feels they are getting the "shaft" because they are dead last and that every other city (mainly the largely populated ones) will have some sort of advantage over the lastly merged MF'ers.

However, she used that word prior to Parizad's explanation so maybe at this point she understands it better.

Dutch... don't worry, none of the cities my sims are in are getting merged that quickly.

However my TC sim was first to merge so neener... neener... neener.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I totally missed this post until Parizad replied to it, dunno how, but I backed up to the original post so I could ask this question myself:

I'm assuming you're saying MF got the 'shaft' because it's a lesser populated city. If your theory is true, then please explain to me how EAST JEROME, an equally unpopulated city, ended up at the top of the list and AV and BF, cities known to be the most populated, were more toward the middle than the top? If you're not saying MF was shafted due to low population, then I don't understand how you feel they got shafted, or for what reason you think they were 'deliberately shafted'. Care to explain WHY you think the way you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

As you yourself just pointed out, Parizad has since explained how the cities were chosen, it may well be that after reading that response, Dutch's opinion has changed. I don't see any reason why she should now be asked to explain her original way of thinking or called out over it, when she may very well have changed her mind since making the original post.

Polly

G

Whoa! You can't merge AV *that* early! I'm not ready - there's sooooo much packing to do, people to call, etc.
I haven't cancelled the paper yet, or made a change of address card.

What about water and power???!!!

My neighbors haven't returned all my tools.

I haven't finished skilling.

what to do, what to do!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Whoa! You can't merge AV *that* early! I'm not ready - there's sooooo much packing to do, people to call, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;insert obvious "tool" joke here&gt;

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
&lt;insert obvious "insert tool" joke here&gt;

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not answering for Dutch, but just going to say the way I took her post.

I think she feels they are getting the "shaft" because they are dead last and that every other city (mainly the largely populated ones) will have some sort of advantage over the lastly merged MF'ers.

However, she used that word prior to Parizad's explanation so maybe at this point she understands it better.

Dutch... don't worry, none of the cities my sims are in are getting merged that quickly.

However my TC sim was first to merge so neener... neener... neener.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, apart from the ideal scenario where everybody would be merged at the same time, *somebody* has to be last, don't they? That being the case, wouldn't *somebody* feel they were getting the shaft no matter what EA decided to do? If your interpretation of what Dutch meant is correct, then I still don't understand it based on what I just said. She makes it sound like MF was singled out for some reason, rather than it just being a stroke of bad luck that MF's city name was drawn last out of the hat. I dunno....just seemed to be a really intense reaction for something like this....as if it was personal, and it really isn't......all the little jokes and quips about the small cities being 'ghost towns' and the '7 sims that live in such-and-such town' snide comments aside. The latter joke was made about Betaville specifically, and it is last even behind MF, yet I didn't see even the most die-hard Betavillians that I know still play making similiar declarations of injustice, so I am honestly just kinda
here by what seems to be an 'out of left field' knee-jerk reaction.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

As you yourself just pointed out, Parizad has since explained how the cities were chosen, it may well be that after reading that response, Dutch's opinion has changed. I don't see any reason why she should now be asked to explain her original way of thinking or called out over it, when she may very well have changed her mind since making the original post.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's not the first time I've read that the process of selection was totally randomized, so I know it was said before.....which stands to reason that since Dutch is around as much as I am, she also should have remembered hearing that when it was originally said, although Parizad's step-by-step account was more detailed than the original explanation. I'll have to go back and find Lee's post, but I believe he said something like "we used a highly sophisticated algorhythm to determine the order they'd be merged (meaning we pulled the names out of a hat and wrote them down in that order)" or something to that effect. I'll see if I can dig up that post, but I KNOW I'd seen the random drawing-out-of a hat reference before by one of the dev team not long ago. I'll post the link when/if I can find it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Daaaaaaamn.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Daaaaaaamn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aw, c'mon - just kidding.

G

I'll see if I can dig up that post, but I KNOW I'd seen the random drawing-out-of a hat reference before by one of the dev team not long ago. I'll post the link when/if I can find it.

Here is the link to where it was first mentioned dated 1-18-08

www.TSO-E.com/blog

L

Lucky Hawk

I'm fine with loosing three of my EALand sims. But I can't delete them for like...another four weeks (only one can delete per week......). I just want to ensure that I will NOT loose my production city sims.

Can someone help answer this?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm fine with loosing three of my EALand sims. But I can't delete them for like...another four weeks (only one can delete per week......). I just want to ensure that I will NOT loose my production city sims.

Can someone help answer this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee stated in this thread that the oldest sims will be the ones who survive should you have created more sims than we can actually have, so since it's not possible for an EA Land sim to be older than a production city sim at this point, unless you're a newbie, then no you wouldn't lose the production city sim.

Lee also said that the merges are still weeks away from being started, so it's likely that you'll have time to delete those extra sims that you don't want anyway, just make sure you write down when you're able to do it again and keep deleting as soon as you can to make sure you have enough time.

Let's not give poor Lee anymore rages you guys, hehe