• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA YOU SUCK!

S

Sims2

really don't care if this gets locked or whatever EA SUCKS! I DON'T WANT YOUR 15 DOLLARS OFF A GAME OR PLAY POGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I

imported_Qute Pi

ok

We could always just post in the "thank you" threads lol since those dont get deleted...

I

imported_Danny Dots

EA does suck but they are a company and companies for the most part are heartless and looking to make money which the game clearly isn't doing and they think it shows no signs in improvement

I think the game was on the right path and could of became something great.

I understand their reasons behind this decision.
Any company would do the same.
I just wish it didn't have to happen

P

Paula778

<blockquote><hr>

ok

We could always just post in the "thank you" threads lol since those dont get deleted...

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

G

It is always ok to express disappoinment or heartbreak or anger or to express criticism on Stratics.

It is not ok to break the Rules of Conduct while doing so.

If anyone wants clarification on what can and can not be said or help phrasing their sentence so that it turns from a can't to a can, please feel free to contact me, Polly or a moderator.

I

imported_Founder

Lets Take bets on when this thread will be moved/locked...

I say the top of the hour 3 PM EST!

G

all i have to say is

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

it was about time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lets Take bets on when this thread will be moved/locked...

I say the top of the hour 3 PM EST!

[/ QUOTE ]Contrary to popular belief, we are not in the habit of closing or deleting threads just because they are negative in nature. It happens when a thread is either a duplicate of another recent thread, or when RoC violations occur.

As long as everyone stay mindful of the Rules of Conduct, there is no reason for this thread to go anywhere.

Oh - for those of you who may be thinking, "who cares - EAL Stratics will be shut down soon," keep in mind that actions against one's account affect their ability to access the entire Stratics network - not just EAL Stratics.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Oh - for those of you who may be thinking, "who cares - EAL Stratics will be shut down soon," keep in mind that actions against one's account affect their ability to access the entire Stratics network - not just EAL Stratics.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

G

When the head of EA is finished reading this post... he's going to go swimming ni his safe full of gold scrooge mcduck style.

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....

G

<blockquote><hr>

When the head of EA is finished reading this post... he's going to go swimming ni his safe full of gold scrooge mcduck style.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol!
I can just see him - backstroking thru the Kruugerands.

G

Posted by Aster's Folly in another thread:
<blockquote><hr>

We have an on-going EA Sucks thread.
Here is the link clickie.

Locking this one up now.
Please feel free to add your thoughts in the ongoing thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't know why, but it tickled my giggler.

G

You know I was half tempted to quit when they merged cities, but stayed on and was pleasantly surprised by the way it was starting to work.... Now EA-land is closing and with only a 90 day notice..... I am really angered and saddened by this event... I loved TSO because it had nothing to do with wars, just a bunch of sims making friends and chatting it up... Why stop EA-LAND now? I could see you come up with the other games first and give the ea-landers heads up that it is out, then terminate TSO... I mean your gonna lose alot of Loyal Customers. Also with alot of the free forums by the time the new games will come out those players will be to jilted to even take a peak at what you have...

G

So you all want me to post here so be it, here is what my post said:
I am writing this in it's on Post b/c I feel like and b/c what i have to say will offend EA alot but for you guys to just quite a game that has been here for years and a game for me and so many others another way of life. IS JUST [censored] STUPID. I know this post want last long but Come on and don't tell me it's b/c of money and all that [censored]. I own 3 companies and My best friends owns 17 online gaming sites So i know a thing or two about this [censored], you guys are just [censored] giving up that's all there is to it. you are just giving up, Some of us Love this game and would do ne thing for it. If you are hurt for money then hell Make it a free game and do the donations [censored], Like create a package for simoleans, and other rares that objects that are not in the game yet but come on EA When i sign up i didn't know u all was going to close and i will look thru the agreement but does it say ne thing about this game is non refundable i mean if it doesn't look at how much money you are going to lose b/c ithat, I think you need toThink long and hard about what u are doing and is it so hard just to leave the game as it i mean come on. Like i said some ppl like me this is my 2nd life. Well i know this will get pulled soon but atleast i got my feeling out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am writing this in it's on Post b/c I feel like and b/c what i have to say will offend EA alot but for you guys to just quite a game that has been here for years and a game for me and so many others another way of life. IS JUST [censored] STUPID. I know this post want last long but Come on and don't tell me it's b/c of money and all that [censored]. I own 3 companies and My best friends owns 17 online gaming sites So i know a thing or two about this [censored], you guys are just [censored] giving up that's all there is to it. you are just giving up, Some of us Love this game and would do ne thing for it. If you are hurt for money then hell Make it a free game and do the donations [censored], Like create a package for simoleans, and other rares that objects that are not in the game yet but come on EA When i sign up i didn't know u all was going to close and i will look thru the agreement but does it say ne thing about this game is non refundable i mean if it doesn't look at how much money you are going to lose b/c ithat, I think you need toThink long and hard about what u are doing and is it so hard just to leave the game as it i mean come on. Like i said some ppl like me this is my 2nd life. Well i know this will get pulled soon but atleast i got my feeling out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here was my reply:

Giving up??? This game will be shut down permanentally on August 1st. For those that stay I wish them much luck and happiness. I however, am going to go on my merry way. I don't call that giving up, I call that walking away with my head held high and memories to cherish forever. I will not be there the day the plug is pulled. Death in any form is hard for all, harder on many. I have been positive of the development of the game, only to find it was all for naught. So if that makes me one that gives up, so be it. I walk away saddened, but not sorry for doing so.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Here was my reply:

Giving up??? This game will be shut down permanentally on August 1st. For those that stay I wish them much luck and happiness. I however, am going to go on my merry way. I don't call that giving up, I call that walking away with my head held high and memories to cherish forever. I will not be there the day the plug is pulled. Death in any form is hard for all, harder on many. I have been positive of the development of the game, only to find it was all for naught. So if that makes me one that gives up, so be it. I walk away saddened, but not sorry for doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You own three companies? Really?
How do the companies you own have anything to do with the success or failure of TSO/EALand?

I

imported_Qute Pi

Why can’t you just let people express their feelings?

I

imported_MsStathamSim

<blockquote><hr>

When the head of EA is finished reading this post... he's going to go swimming in his safe full of gold scrooge mcduck style.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be surprised if that shows up on Youtube tomorrow.

If the payment gets taken out of my account for May, I'm going to throw a gigantic fit. In the 5 years I've been paying, I've spent about 2 years (non-consecutively) not playing but keeping my account current, because I didn't want to miss the Next Big Thing...and now the Next Big Thing turns out to be 'pay MORE real money to play...oh wait, psych! we're closing!'

V

VanessaK1010

Yepper, they took money out of my account 4 days ago. Now what is the use of playing the game. Now I have paid for May and don't even want to play anymore. I have POGO and my billing for the year is coming up very soon. LMAO! I'm finished with EA period. No more pogo or anything else ea has to offer. They squeezed every penny out of us they could get and kicked us to the curb.

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*spooky fingers*

No don't take teh whole Stratics away.

G

Yep.

TSO has become the latest in a long string of victims of EA executive incompetence. Another notable victim was SimCity.

I wish Maxis could reorganize, separate from EA again, and buy back all of its IP, to include the entire Sims and SimCity franchises.

Maxis was a good company.

H

hollythor

Luc left, the others prolly got fired. I FOR ONE WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANY EA ONLINE GAMES. I also contacted them demanding my money back from the atm purchases, the money they took for reactivating my old acct for amnesty. I also have a lawyer if I just get ticked off enough. THIS IS TOTAL BS. DEVS...YA'LL ARE WEAK!

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

Luc left, the others prolly got fired. I FOR ONE WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANY EA ONLINE GAMES. I also contacted them demanding my money back from the atm purchases, the money they took for reactivating my old acct for amnesty. I also have a lawyer if I just get ticked off enough. THIS IS TOTAL BS. DEVS...YA'LL ARE WEAK!

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-oh! If an earthquake happens in CA i bet it won't be an earthquake - it will really be EA shaking in it's boots!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

QFE
this is like my wordfind dream today.

i swear to god.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-oh! If an earthquake happens in CA i bet it won't be an earthquake - it will really be EA shaking in it's boots!

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone should be suing EA its the dev team. They all got pulled off their respective projects to be put onto this failure of a game.

Now that the game is officially failed they will wear the failure on their resumes.

I would be livid.

You put me on a time bomb that was supposed to be canceled last year, have me deal with some certifiable people who have lost touch with reality, and now cancel the game so they get even loonier.

EA Mofos lock your doors tonight lol... some ppl are seriously about to lose it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If anyone should be suing EA its the dev team. They all got pulled off their respective projects to be put onto this failure of a game.

Now that the game is officially failed they will wear the failure on their resumes.

I would be livid.

You put me on a time bomb that was supposed to be canceled last year, have me deal with some certifiable people who have lost touch with reality, and now cancel the game so they get even loonier.

EA Mofos lock your doors tonight lol... some ppl are seriously about to lose it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno about that.
It's well documented that Luc went to the suits with a proposal for rescueing TSO. If he has to wear this 'failure' on his resume - well, he's (at least) partially responsible, because he knew the risks when he started - so did the others when they came on board, and so did we, the players, when we decided to stick around.

Ya buys yer ticket and ya takes yer chances.

I

imported_Brownie

OK POLLY, Here it is

A Special Thanks to EA/Maxis:

Thank you SO much for the following:

1. For enticing us to bring back &amp; pay for old accounts with the promise of Amnesty, that’s several months worth of paying for multiple accounts for nothing.

2. For lowering the payouts under the guise of balancing the economy when it was really a smokescreen to make us poor and desperate enough to use the ATMS. Balancing the economy my ass, if that were the case, then why give ppl a way to buy simoleans, which could throw off the balance of the economy.

3. For raising the required amount of Sims in money houses for max payouts making it nearly impossible for the smaller "mom &amp; pop" houses to succeed. Not many ppl are likely to go to a house with 5 ppl only to NOT get maxed payouts when payouts are already so low.

4. For keeping your mouths shut and letting ppl continue using the ATMs up until the official announcement. They have known this was coming, but I’m sure they wanted to get as much as they could for as long as they could out of us.

5. For billing us yesterday!

6. For dismantling the hard work, time, blood, sweat, tears and heart that the Devs put into this project, I’m sure this is not easy for them either.

And last but not least

For disappointing all of the people that stood by you, continued to pay &amp; play though all the bugs, changes, and forgotten promises. We thank you EA, you will be remembered for this, that I can promise.

If this were just a game ending that’s one thing, but the hard sell &amp; false enticements for us to bring back &amp; pay for old accounts is what makes this very hard to swallow.

G

yep! ea scrued us royal! only a real low life company would have done it like ea did, i will never buy another ea game, and when my pogo payment comes due again, its goodbye pogo too!

I

imported_julilyn

While I agree that EA sucks. I thank the Devs and the TSO team for all the work they did at the very begaining up till now.

I don't blame "the team" for the end of the game, they devoted a lot of thier time and energy. This game here only lasted as long as it did because they gave it thier all and tried to reserrect it.

Don't forget, to us it was a game. to them it was a project some of them have been on since the begaining AND thier job.... as in , paying the bills and making thier living.

we laughted we cried.......

thank you and best of luck to every member of the "team"

J

Just_the_Fax_Plz

You people keep talking as if the developers own EA
As I hear it they were told just this morning that EA Land was going to be sundowned (I think that is how they put it)

Plz get the facts straight.
And btw... EA has not even won the bid for acquiring Take Two yet so quit blaming that too. It has nothing to do with anything.

The game was losing money &amp; old. Luc tried to revive it. Everyone started whining about every little thing. They couldn't please everyone &amp; trying to please everyone was a major mistake. It got out of hand &amp; is a loss to EA. Case closed.

Had people focussed on what was really wrong with TSO (the economy) &amp; stopped whining about all the other stuff (afkers, cc, where the fun was) then we may still have a game. Instead everyone chose to yell at anyone who spoke &amp; pick apart anything they had to say &amp; complain about every small thing instead of using adult ways of communicating. That goes DOUBLE for those on here who criticize people who haven't been happy about something. Is it such a big deal to just READ a post &amp; LET IT GO? But there are a few on here that had to put in their two cents every time anyone said ANYTHING. There is a time when being ultra positive is ULTRA NEGATIVE! That was the catalyst for the flame wars &amp; I don't blame the devs for saying enough is enough.

As I have said a thousand times now... it's one thing to talk about what is wrong with the game system &amp; quite another thing to talk about what's wrong with people talking about what's wrong with the game system. A game system doesn't have feelings, people do. Now everyone has had more than their fair say about everything &amp; this is the end result.

NO I wasn't happy with a lot of the bonehead decisions but I certainly don't blame them for feeling like we are an ungrateful lot of jerks, paying customers or not. I deal with paying customers who are jerks every day &amp; I know it's not easy. There comes a time when you say NO amount of money is worth this hassle. That is where we are folks. Accept it.

I suggest we all squeeze the lemons for what it's worth while we can &amp; make some lemonade &amp; forget about it.

I

imported_aldldl

<blockquote><hr>

really don't care if this gets locked or whatever EA SUCKS! I DON'T WANT YOUR 15 DOLLARS OFF A GAME OR PLAY POGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a sad day here at TSO/EALAND even the Stratics Admin have been linking to this topic

I can't say enough about Parizaid and some of the devs that have helped out. but damn guys you could not leak it out? You dropped us, you knew it was going to happen... I know I feel like shi. for thinking like this because I too have read the screen shot of Parizaid in Town Hall today but as have been reflected in this post, EA - you suck!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

G

This thread it pointless.

"EA you suck" is something many of us have known for years...