• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ea Land Widows Mode

• Thread starter DjMacDaddy01201
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

DjMacDaddy01201

This sucks I hope we get full mode back soon or I'll qut for sure I can't deal with a tiny window it sucks a..

G

<blockquote><hr>

This sucks I hope we get full mode back soon or I'll qut for sure I can't deal with a tiny window it sucks a..

[/ QUOTE ]

Full screen mode is gone for good, as part of the graphics changes. There was a post started by Gracie Nito that is probably still on page 2 of the forums....lemme see if I can dig it up.

ETA: Nope it was bumped to page 4 but here's that discussion of what has happened and why.

D

DjMacDaddy01201

well then now for sure I'm quiting after 2 years i don't wanna play in no gay ass window mode this sucks now your see more people quiting the game for sure

I

imported_Danny Dots

i still have fullscreen mode.

But a lot of sims at my house are complaining about the windows mode, they all hate it. i wouldnt really like it either, lol.

G

*TTL*

In EAL and TC3 the default is now 1024x768 if you have a small window now thats kind of odd unless you have a ginormous screen, I'd pop over to the blog and leave Luc a message about it. But what do I know, maybe someone else knows another reason why that would happen. If you want to be in the old window size right click the EAL icon select properties, add (space)-r800x600 after the -w. This worked fine for me and several others.

G

gosh damn ditto THAT!! I don't even need OR want to read the other responses so far. I CANNOT deal with windows mode...EVEN if it's expaned to 12?-7xish...omg!

G

wait a cotten-picken-minute!!....

does that mean we have to change our screen resolution to accomodate TSO alone???

What the heck happens if other programs don't show up visually because of the new TSO setting??

I bought a 19.95 program in the past 12 months that was NOT suitable to my resolution. In order for me to view it properly, means that all my other web views would be out of my preferred proportion. Are we looking at this issue with TSO as well now?

(edit added)....when I changed the resolution mode to accomodate my 19.95 program, it made ALL my other internet views and some of my other program views distorted like TSO is now in windows mode.

I CANNOT deal with windows mode!

I changed my resolution back to normal in spite of my "other" one-time "19.95" program because that ONE program view was NOT worth the failed-view of the majority of other important programs on my machine.

Bring on what you will, common Stratics posters, but geezz.....

this is ALL becoming very hard to tolerate!

Maxis, MOMI, TSO, EA, (whatever the hell they want to call themselves)....NEED to take ONE update at a time.....period!! AND THEN let "US" (the users) get acquainted with those updates (as much as we all can realistically with the timezone differences, systems, platforms and all).....before bringing them into reality of our sim lives!

Allow us as actual users to offer our approvals, disapprovals, or error experiences! After all, WE are the people using AND paying for this game every day.

I have NO problem with the upcoming changes as long as "THEY" work on implementing the requests of the subscribers.......work on them one-by-one to accomodate the actual paying users/customers suggestions and needs!

GEEZ...I dont know about all of you...but I play this game mostly to fulfill my RL desires that are out of reach at the moment!

Now....suddenly....SL is becoming even more out-of-touch than RL!....or QUITE the equivalent!

Bring it all on, my fellow simmies :p

I

imported_LFancey

If your monitor resolution is set to 1024x768 it will "appear" ful screen.

If your monitor resolution is higher than 1024x768 it will appear windowed.

If your monitor/video card can not display higher than 1024x768 and you like windowed mode then add the -r600x800 and it will be widowed.

Cheers,

Lee

G

AAAAARGHHHHHHHHH

I love windows mode - logged in this mornign to find that it appearing in full screen mode
going to try changing the res as per Lees post

G

Grrrr Please give us FULL window back, like it WAS! This really bites...

G

<blockquote><hr>

wait a cotten-picken-minute!!....

does that mean we have to change our screen resolution to accomodate TSO alone???

[/ QUOTE ]

No, your SCREEN resolution will not change by changing the properties of the EA Land shortcut. Only that shortcut will be affected. Your screen resolution won't change unless you go into Control Panel under the Start Menu and then Display Properties.

I

imported_Founder

Hmmm I add r800×600 to the shortcut but it doesn't seem to work. It stays the same way: Full-Screen WIndows Mode is what I get still.

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w r800×600

is my shortcut.

I

imported_sedusa

Put a dash before that r.

In english: dash w, space, dash r 800x600

Or:
-w -r800x600

F

forsure01

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have been testing this am with getting my screen back to full screen. I have a 22 inch monitor with Vista Premium, my regular screen resolution is 1440x900. The only way I can get the update to work in full screen mode is to change my monitor resolution to 1024x768. I have done that an wala I get full screen. However Vista now changes out of Areo mode to basic mode. When I want to do anything else on my computor I wll want to change it back to regular 1440x900. I believe we really need a choice, I do multitask on my computor, my other programs, for instance outlook are now too bigwhen they are in 1024x768. Please is there a better solution for this?

G

Did you change the game shortcut....or your computer display controls?

F

forsure01

Had to change the computor controls, ie/the screen resolution on the monitor. I tried several times to add different resolutions to the shortcut with no luck.

F

festrmentmagnet

Yah, I want full screen mode back. I changed the resolution and that didn't work.

G

It may be that your resolution is too high to play the game in full screen....this is what Lee said above:

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">If your monitor resolution is higher than 1024x768 it will appear windowed. </font color=red>

If your monitor/video card can not display higher than 1024x768 and you like windowed mode then add the -r600x800 and it will be widowed.

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

The text in red seems to imply that resolution higher than 1024 X 768, will appear in window mode only.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

It may be that your resolution is too high to play the game in full screen....this is what Lee said above:

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">If your monitor resolution is higher than 1024x768 it will appear windowed. </font color=red>

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

The text in red seems to imply that resolution higher than 1024 X 768, will appear in window mode only.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color=red>If your monitor/video card can not display higher than 1024x768 and you like windowed mode then add the -r600x800 and it will be widowed.
</font color=red> ******THIS IS INCORRECT********

My current display settings are 1024 X 768 on my computer. In order to get the game in smaller window.....

I had to add :

"-AppArgs: -r800x600" to the end of target window in properties of shortcut icon.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Allow us as actual users to offer our approvals, disapprovals, or error experiences! After all, WE are the people using AND paying for this game every day.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't be serious.

This is errrr ... was TSO, and EA knows what's best for you! You actually enjoy windows mode more, you just don't realize it yet

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not try this at home kids!!

As I'm certain that Lee is incredibly tired from the long day yesterday, what he MEANT to say is <font color="red"> -r800x600 </font> The way he has it posted, your game starts up sideways..... however, if you find your game isn't challenging enough, go ahead and do the -r600x800 you'll spend the first 20 minutes figuring out how to move the mouse around. LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't be serious.

This is errrr ... was TSO, and EA knows what's best for you! You actually enjoy windows mode more, you just don't realize it yet

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL - Thank you Obi Wan.

D

Dita'

For all you looking to use the 800×600 full screen mode. Right click your ealand icon and press properties, then click on the shortcut tab up top. At the end of the writing on the target line press the space bar one time and type -w -r800×600
p.s not the ealand windowed icon, the other one and your screen resolution needs to be set at 800x600

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

For all you looking to use the 800×600 full screen mode. Right click your ealand icon and press properties, then click on the shortcut tab up top. At the end of the writing on the target line press the space bar one time and type -w -r800×600
p.s not the ealand windowed icon, the other one and your screen resolution needs to be set at 800x600

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried that Dita and game would not launch. This what I've found that works for me. For some reason just adding the -w -r800X600 did not launch game at all.

<font color=red>My current computer display setting is 800X600 because I'm blind as a bat.</font color=red>

When I launch game everything is still too small for me to see!

For larger full screen--

Add "-AppArgs: -r800x600" to target box in the properties of your shortcut icon.

<font color=red>My current computer display setting is 1024X768.</font color=red>

The game plays in full screen mode.

I want a smaller window!

Add "-AppArgs: -r800x600" to target box in the properties of your shortcut icon.

<font color=red>My current computer display setting is
1152X864.</font color=red>

Game plays in windows mode.

I want even smaller window!

****Note: There is a space between end quotation mark already in target and new quotation mark.

G

Have no fear - I am working on it.

lessee - tape measure, pliers, hammer, screwdriver, margarita, beer - ok, be back shortly.

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried that Dita and game would not launch. This what I've found that works for me. For some reason just adding the -w -r800X600 did not launch game at all.

<font color=red>My current computer display setting is 800X600 because I'm blind as a bat.</font color=red>

When I launch game everything is still too small for me to see!

For larger full screen--

<font color=red>My current computer display setting is 1024X768.</font color=red>

The game plays in full screen mode.

I want a smaller window!

<font color=red>My current computer display setting is
1152X864.</font color=red>

Game plays in windows mode.

I want even smaller window!

[/ QUOTE ]

I deleted the regular ealand icon shortcut from my desktop because I thought we were going to strictly be using the ealand windowed icon. Please tell me where the ealand icon was targeted from. In other words, was it from the tso.exe? Thank you.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I deleted the regular ealand icon shortcut from my desktop because I thought we were going to strictly be using the ealand windowed icon. Please tell me where the ealand icon was targeted from. In other words, was it from the tso.exe? Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to receive updates and patch game you must be using tso.exe from your TSOPatch folder.

J

JRock

Okay. So the ealand icon and the ealand windowed icon on the desktop both come from the same tso.exe? Didn't know that.

J

Jena

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OKay, I'm a little lost on this, as I don't have an EALand icon on my screen. How do I set it up to have that one so I can fix the size? I miss the full mode. One thing I think they should have put to thought when doing this, speaking for a friend of mine...not everyone has good eyesight and can't see the smaller text.

They should have an option of text size choice to make it easier on those who have trouble reading smaller text. LOL I'm getting closer to 40 and you know what they say "the eyes start to go at 40!" LOL Will I have to buy a magnifying screen to play this in the future?? lol

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Yup. You can change target of any shortcut you use.

J

Jena

<blockquote><hr>

Yup. You can change target of any shortcut you use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool thank you! Hope this works for me as I hate squinting!! lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to receive updates and patch game you must be using tso.exe from your TSOPatch folder.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is: The tso.exe located in your Electronic Arts/EA Land/TSOPatch folder.

D

Dita'

I have the new client downloaded from ea-land.com by clicking on the free trial you can download it.
Now, I am using windows xp and I click on start, programs, ea land. Right click the icon and press properties. A new window will come up, click the shortcut tab. Then you will see a target line....
I added this to the end of the target line by adding a space and typing
-w -r800×600 exactly
I hope this helps
There should be two icons, one for windows mode and one that doesnt say windows. Change the one that is not windowed. The icon may also be on your desktop already.

J

JRock

Currently I have the window mode large enough. But I can't see the lower motives such as bladder and room score. I wish there was some way to resize the window.

D

Dita'

you should be able to move that window around by clicking on the top blue line and dragging it.

M

mysticlisa516

That did not work for me. I cannot get full screen to save my friggen life.

Actually I'm upset that they took our choice of full screen away. And the excuse that it was needed because of the new program is stupid. I have never been to a game that did not give full screen option.

My eye sight is not what it use to be, and I can not read the chat. So that means I will be going to rooms and not be able to talk. And yes, I do know there are programs out there to enlarge the screen. But why should I buy a program for 1 site that doesn't want to listen to its customers. There has to be some type of compromise that can be established. Oh, wth am i talking about, EA doesn't compromise with its customers.

And if I change the whole resolution for my computer, I cant see the whole web site of other sites I go to.

D

Dita'

i had to reinstall the game to get the full screen back again &amp; then i did everything i just wrote. if that doesnt work i dont know.

G

Widows mode? OMG all the sims wives are killing off thier husbands to get to widows mode?

C

Cayenne1

I don't even have Electronic Arts/EA Land in my program files, and have been accessing EA Land through The Sims Online files all along. Now all I can get, since yesterday, is Windows mode, which sucks. How do I fix this without having to uninstall and reinstall the entire game again??

I have to say, this totally SUCKS!

G

<blockquote><hr>

That did not work for me. I cannot get full screen to save my friggen life.

Actually I'm upset that they took our choice of full screen away. And the excuse that it was needed because of the new program is stupid. I have never been to a game that did not give full screen option.

My eye sight is not what it use to be, and I can not read the chat. So that means I will be going to rooms and not be able to talk. And yes, I do know there are programs out there to enlarge the screen. But why should I buy a program for 1 site that doesn't want to listen to its customers. There has to be some type of compromise that can be established. Oh, wth am i talking about, EA doesn't compromise with its customers.

And if I change the whole resolution for my computer, I cant see the whole web site of other sites I go to.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no reason to have to buy a program to enlarge the chat....that's why we have the display settings. Also I think you'd find chat history (Cntrl H) a little easier to read than the bubbles in chat, as the white text on blue background seems to be easier for those with visual challenges to read (hubby is more and more visually challenged due to diabetic retinal neuropathy, and he finds history much easier to read than bubbles when he plays).

Actually, I'm not sure there *are* programs that you'd have to pay for to do that. Closest things I can think of would be the verbal programs that read what is on the screen for the blind, but I am not sure whether or not that would work for TSO since a bunch of bubbles fly at once.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't even have Electronic Arts/EA Land in my program files, and have been accessing EA Land through The Sims Online files all along. Now all I can get, since yesterday, is Windows mode, which sucks. How do I fix this without having to uninstall and reinstall the entire game again??

I have to say, this totally SUCKS!

[/ QUOTE ]

You really should download the EA Land client from what I understand.....its not as big a download as the old TSO download so it wont take as long even with dial-up. However, windowed mode is it once the bug that is allowing FS currently is cleared up. This subject has come up a few times in the last couple weeks.....guess I need to put the URL to Gracie's thread in Notepad so I can keep referring back to it LOL

M

mysticlisa516

I cant even read Chat History it so small. And if I change pc resolution, it changes everything and distorts many pages that I go to. There has to be some type of compromise where I dont have to get a dang degree to fix this.