• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land Update for Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Okay, here's the situation... As most of you know, we had an exploit on EA-Land last night. We've closed down the city to fix the exploit and to remove the simoleans from the accounts. We had hoped to have EA-Land online by now, but as you can see, we are still working on it.

We have two options:

1. If we're not done in the next 4 hours, we will go home for the night to sleep, and EA-Land will remain offline until sometime tomorrow.

2. If we're not done in the next 4 hours, we bring EA-Land back online, but ban all of the accounts that were associated with this exploit. That would put a bubble over those accounts until we finish cleaning up the exploit funds tomorrow.

We're very hesitant to do this becuase there are store owners and other bystanders that had absolutely nothing to do with the exploit. They just happen to get their hands on some dirty money.

C

Cruz Cavera

I would say bring it up but do what is best. I am sure you will anyways.

G

I agree temp ban those accounts, besure they know why obivously, dont think we all deserve to be punished for a few ppl. BUT i do know u guys need sleep too, so do whats best for ya'll.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well. I've been waiting all night to play but if its not gonna be up tonight I don't really care what you guys do because I have school tomorrow:p Just make sure its open before I get home.

G

Does that dirty money include money from working in the factory??? Cuz it was the robots in there that contaminated it!!! I swear!!!!

R

Riley-

I agree with Max, please don't punish all of us because of those that were doing the exploit. *sighs* But, also do what's best and most efficient, long-term.

Tough call, I know. Maybe I'll actually get sleep tonight, lol

I

imported_herk1287

I say keep it OFFLINE its too late to play anyway

G

sound like this extends beyond the peeps who di the exploit. So if an exploiter purchsed something from a store, that store will then lose the funds for whatever was purchased?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree with Max

[/ QUOTE ]
Im not Max but hehe, he does live with me

I

imported_herk1287

I can live without the game today as long as it gets fixed, its wayt too damn late to play in ea land anway after they open

G

I favor the second option, temp ban the affected accounts and let everyone else play.

It is always playtime somewhere, for someone.

I

imported_rpsky3

I say Thank You for updating us.. shame on them that had the exploit. still no idea what it was lol...

but on what to do.. please do what you all have been doing.. what is best for the game. What ever you do.. Thank You..

G

I vote for Option Two also. Seems like most everybody has two accounts at least to play.

G

me to me to... But i do live at a store and we did make some $ last night and today so either way i could be out of luck so i say do w/e. but PLEASE coem to work early and get us back up n running :::begs::: Don't worry Par i wont hump anything rofl

P

Pixified

So what are the odds that the game will be 'fixed' within the next four hours?
I know yall are probably working as hard as possible.
But does it really look like it's gonna take that much longer?

G

<blockquote><hr>

sound like this extends beyond the peeps who di the exploit. So if an exploiter purchsed something from a store, that store will then lose the funds for whatever was purchased?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but we will replace whatever they lost.

Let's say I'm the exploiter. I come to your store, and I buy a mystic tree for 250,000. Then you have 250,000 more, so you upgrade your lot to a size 8.

We have to go through and manually reverse all of that. Take your lot back down to the size it was before, give you the mystic tree, remove 250K from your funds, take back the mystic tree from the exploiter, remove all of the funds... See how fast it spreads? What would've taken the store owner and exploiter only 5 mins to do would take us 30+ mins to reverse, and that's just one instance! Multiply that by 30, 50, or even 100, and you see what we've been against today.

G

Parizad gave these figures a few minutes ago in the Community Hall in TC3:

<ul>[*]approximately 30 accounts participated in the exploit[*]250 million game bucks leaked into EA-Land bc of the exploit ... in 3 hours[*]It is taking hours to take the money back out because it spread throughout the game.

T

TKSpeedy1

Personally, I would like to see it brought back up. Just ban the ones who did the exploit and work on the rest tomorrow. I did nothing wrong and feel like I'm being punished...again. I've been waiting to play my BF sims. And I'd like to play at least ONE of my sims tonight...even if it to skill.

I

imported_rpsky3

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but we will replace whatever they lost.

Let's say I'm the exploiter. I come to your store, and I buy a mystic tree for 250,000. Then you have 250,000 more, so you upgrade your lot to a size 8.

We have to go through and manually reverse all of that. Take your lot back down to the size it was before, give you the mystic tree, remove 250K from your funds, take back the mystic tree from the exploiter, remove all of the funds... See how fast it spreads? What would've taken the store owner and exploiter only 5 mins to do would take us 30+ mins to reverse, and that's just one instance! Multiply that by 30, 50, or even 100, and you see what we've been against today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.. spreads fast. I am glad you all got it and put a stop to it.

G

Ok then i'll give up on option #2. Get some sleep, eat and see you bright and early? *giggles* Seriously tho sounds like more than 4 hours work. Good Luck!

R

Riley-

Yuck.

I think you should split the money for those of us waiting patiently to play... not that any of us are waiting patiently, lol.

Thanks for sharing that information though - I like to be "in the know!"

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know when this exploit started, but I hope no one bought my cc lol. If it was just today I haven't been on, but if the store that sells it was, do they get the item back that was purchased with dirty money or does the store property lose out?

Edit to add: Nevermind, I see the update on the situation. So the 30 accounts that participated what will happen to them? Anything?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<ul>[*]approximately 30 accounts participated in the exploit[*]250K leaked into EA-Land bc of the exploit ... in 3 hours[*]It is taking hours to take the money back out because it spread throughout the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

250,000 DOLLARS! That means 250 million simoleans.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<ul>[*]approximately 30 accounts participated in the exploit[*]250K leaked into EA-Land bc of the exploit ... in 3 hours[*]It is taking hours to take the money back out because it spread throughout the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holey friggin moley.
Updating the post now.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
O_O Wow. Well, thanks for all the hard work Parizad.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parizad said up there that they give u the objects back. They basically reverse everything that happened.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Yea I was writing while that was getting posted lol. Thanks tho

G

Think a few of us never even noticed. A good thing and a bad thing. If we had we could of reported it sooner. Not noticing cuz we r so busy slaving lol

G

*sigh
If you are positive you know how many accounts were involved. I say the second choice. If it could by any chance have gone further, I choose the first. I rather lose a night, than to have it spread any further. What a mess!

T

Tristan Lewis

All I got to say is.......................OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TY FOR CATCHING IT GREAT WORK TEAM!!!!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

*sigh
If you are positive you know how many accounts were involved. I say the second choice. If it could by any chance have gone further, I choose the first. I rather lose a night, than to have it spread any further. What a mess!

[/ QUOTE ]
yup i agree.... close down for the night is better than having to wipe everything or going thru this 2,3,4 times.

T

TKSpeedy1

So just ban those 30 accounts and let the rest of us back in for the night. That way you guys get a break and we get to play a little bit. Everyone wins..except those 30 or so accounts.

L

luvibunni

Sad when people counterfeit a make believe world.....

BabiDoll~

R

Riley-

omg, I'm sorry.. but that just made me laugh and then snort...

true, but... wow.

SL is RL. Another theory, proven!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*twitches* Holy....! Seriously? o_O

Sounds like this will take quite a bit of time. Do what is best for ya'll, but whatever you decide .. get some sleep, people! I know I will, it's 3am here

Night night!

G

by saying 30 accounts participated, does that mean 30 accounts were exploiting or 30 accounts were effected by this exploit i.e. things were purchased from the etc.?

G

<blockquote><hr>

by saying 30 accounts participated, does that mean 30 accounts were exploiting or 30 accounts were effected by this exploit i.e. things were purchased from the etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exploiting.

R

Riley-

Which means 100's could have been affected by the exploiting.

Ugh. Do what you need to do to get it all fixed and good catch, whoever found it!

X

XLaurenX

I choose Option 2 for two reasons 1. that we shouldn't all be punished for what 30 accounts did... (Not trying to sound rude with this next part but...)and 2. I don't even think they should get a temp ban i mean think about? the 30 accounts that exploited and continued to do whatever they did deserve a perma ban... The ones who should get temp ban should be the ones who recieved the dirty money (The store owners or whatever) without evening knowing... Idk thats my two cents... But yes i vote option 2 sorry if i sound rude

I

imported_Qute Pi

If your looking at the next 4 hours, I'll be dreaming already. I think the devs deserve to dream a little too...

J

jwilso3340

Just tell us there is no way for tonight, and that it will be tomorrow, with an estimate of time, please. I'm so tired of waiting to find out a definitive answer.

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

I choose Option 2 for two reasons 1. that we shouldn't all be punished for what 30 accounts did... (Not trying to sound rude with this next part but...)and 2. I don't even think they should get a temp ban i mean think about? the 30 accounts that exploited and continued to do whatever they did deserve a perma ban... The ones who should get temp ban should be the ones who recieved the dirty money (The store owners or whatever) without evening knowing... Idk thats my two cents... But yes i vote option 2 sorry if i sound rude

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 110%.
Ban the exploiters right outta EA-Land. Althought they'll just recreate new free accounts and start all over.

Option #2.

I

imported_Renee TSO

Wow! Thanks for the update! I would pick number 2 but if i was one of the 30 accounts i would freak out. For example, if i owned a shop and someone came and spent money (exploited money) but i didnt know it. Geez i would be freaking out that i couldnt log in. I would be like "BUT I DIDNT STEAL ANYTHING!" *cries* lol What a tough call...

I do agree with everyone else...go home and get some sleep! You all work very hard for us and i dont think one night will kill us *twitch* Thanks for catching this before it got out of hand!

*twitch*

; )

C

Cruz Cavera

I would strip their accounts of everything and make them start over. Skills, Money, Objects, Houses, Locks. Lol.

R

Riley-

We'll get extra sleep tonight, so we can stay up extra long tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.