• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA&E Event Report: The ABC Hunt

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night EA&E organized a scavenger hunt right after the auction. It had been a busy night and there were quite a few participants left...

As we had announced before, the hunt would evolve around a certain theme. The public didn't get all too far with the hint "what did you learn in school FIRST?". Answers like Math, Smoking, Poking people and more came up, but nobody thought about the ABC!

As a punishment for their bad bad answers, we sent out the public to hunt for an entire ABC of UO items. As we figured it might be a bit too hard to come up with Q/X/Y/Z items, we allowed the participants to use 5 "wildcards". Which meant that they could replace 5 letters with a book of which the title was that particular letter.

And off they went!

About 13 minutes after kick-off, the first winner arrived! It was Hoot of Hod. He took home 1.000.000gp and a Library Friends book of Sherry the Mouse.

The 2nd hero to return from his journey was Ferrut - an upcoming star so it seems, as he wins a prize in just about any event we organize! - after just 16 minutes. Ferrut became the happy owner of 500.000gp and a Library Reading Chair.

Our third lucky player was former Auctioneer Amanthala. She came running in after 19 minutes, just before unlucky Ingemund, who came in 4th. Amanthala won 100.000gp and a nice Library blue Reading Lantern.

We would like to thank everybody who turned up for the auction, bought lottery tickets and went out on this exciting search with us!

EA&E Team

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I´m honored to be the winner in your first Scavenger hunt. :)

It was stressful but fun! :D I really liked the ABC idea...

Thanks EA&E!

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe well sorry I didn't post a pic of your bag too, but my PC crashed right after the whole thing before I had saved my screenshots.... *grumbles*

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Heh, np. ;)

The backpack above looks just as good as mine did...