• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA doesn't want accounts reactivated, it seems

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some issues with reactivating an account, which belongs to a friend in the USA.

First: Paying with credit card seems no longer be possible, if the system things, that the "address cannot be validated" (sure I enter my own address for the credit card in billing information, which is in Germany - the same billing information I used for my own accounts). So it seems, if an US soldier is located in Europe or if the payer lives in Europe, he will now have to pay the European overpriced UO fees now.
Difference for one month payment currently more than 3.50 Euro in comparision to the payment in Dollar.

Second: Ordering game time codes.
There is that highly annoying policy change, which does no longer allow to purchase a stack of codes and hold them ready for when they are needed. (And I hesitate usually to pay other peoples accounts with my credit card to avoid a ban which may hit the other person as well if one of us makes an mistake.)

"PLEASE NOTE THIS POLICY CHANGE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PURCHASE: When you purchase Game Time, 90 days of time will be added to the account you logged into the store with. You will no longer be emailed a code. This upgrade is automatic and will take place soon after your credit card information is verified and the purchase complete. "
Nonsens.

In the product features on uogamecodes.com for GTC is written a line:
"Give the gift of Ultima Online™ Game Time to your friends."
Fine - but how without having to accquire their password? And finding codes in a store is rather unusual.

Also my money I have accumulated in PayPal seems no longer be good enough to pay game codes.

It's rather simple - "If you wont't let me pay I will no longer play."

Is it this, what EA want's for UO?

G

<blockquote><hr>

First: Paying with credit card seems no longer be possible, if the system things, that the "address cannot be validated" (sure I enter my own address for the credit card in billing information, which is in Germany - the same billing information I used for my own accounts). So it seems, if an US soldier is located in Europe or if the payer lives in Europe, he will now have to pay the European overpriced UO fees now.
Difference for one month payment currently more than 3.50 Euro in comparision to the payment in Dollar.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to depend what kind of card you're using. You can't use a switch card and give a US address, but others allow it. Things like Mastercard and Amex for example should work. Just make sure you enter a valid US address in the billing address section and it should work fine.

One day, EA might start charging Europeans the correct fees each month...

Wenchy

T

Tazar

Going through the website, the game time is automatically applied to your account. If you call customer support 1(866) 543 - 5435, and do not say or touch any buttons, you will eventually get a live person. Explain to them that you are purchasing a code for a friend and they can arrange the sale and e-mail you the code to send to your friend.

Sadly, there has been so much credit card fraud and honest players buy the codes, then get into trouble for using a code voided because of the credit card fraud. EA really is trying to protect them and honest players from scammers.

G

Hail: The, "Address not valid, or does not match" is standard all over the place. Even Pay Pal, will not let you use one, 'From the same verified bank account", if you move, and the bank has not updated the move into their system yet. Many times i had to use my prior address to be able to use my BOA debit card.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also wonder, why at uogamecodes only the 90 days GTC is sold directly - not 180 days, not 30 days.
*Salute*
Olahorand

G

They really should let you buy as many gametime codes as you want...

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

You can get the 30-day code by calling customer support...

[/ QUOTE ]

which would be an overseas call ...

I

imported_EnigmaMaitreya

Kind of off Topic, but (in my opinion) on the same vein.

I came back to UO and mistakenly bought 2 SE codes, rather than the ML codes.

They have a 45 day free bonus.

I was unable to actually buy the ML upgrade through uocodes.

It kept saying my account was less than 30 days old. Well yes it was, it is still totally confusing to me why an account would need to be over 30 days old to be able to upgrade to ML.

Fortunately for me, I got some replies in my thread from UO posters saying I could accomplish the same thing with the 9th Anniversary Box.

I found one at an E-Bay store for less than what I was going to pay for the ML upgrade equivalent at uocodes AND got 30 days of free play time to boot vs 15(?).

I am very very confused as to the marketing/sales model UO is using.

If uogamecodes is p[art of UO, then it would seem that I paid something less for a product for which they sold discounted to someone vs paying $6 US more that would theoretically be paid straight to UO (i.e. not discounted).

G

<blockquote><hr>

Kind of off Topic, but (in my opinion) on the same vein.

I came back to UO and mistakenly bought 2 SE codes, rather than the ML codes.

They have a 45 day free bonus.

I was unable to actually buy the ML upgrade through uocodes.

It kept saying my account was less than 30 days old. Well yes it was, it is still totally confusing to me why an account would need to be over 30 days old to be able to upgrade to ML.

Fortunately for me, I got some replies in my thread from UO posters saying I could accomplish the same thing with the 9th Anniversary Box.

I found one at an E-Bay store for less than what I was going to pay for the ML upgrade equivalent at uocodes AND got 30 days of free play time to boot vs 15(?).

I am very very confused as to the marketing/sales model UO is using.

If uogamecodes is p[art of UO, then it would seem that I paid something less for a product for which they sold discounted to someone vs paying $6 US more that would theoretically be paid straight to UO (i.e. not discounted).

[/ QUOTE ]

there are 2 types of codes, upgrade codes and new account codes you can't use new account codes to upgrade a current account and you can't use upgrade codes to start a new account. Maybe this is the trouble you are having.

I

imported_EnigmaMaitreya

<blockquote><hr>

there are 2 types of codes, upgrade codes and new account codes you can't use new account codes to upgrade a current account and you can't use upgrade codes to start a new account. Maybe this is the trouble you are having.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not at all.

If you go to uogamescode.com (url?) you will find a Mondains Legacy Upgrade for $29.95 US. You will find it gives an upgrade code and a new game code.

If you select this as in add it to your cart. You will be asked to supply your uo account id and login (so it had better be part of UO).

When you do this, it will tell you you can not upgrade this account at this time because it is not over 30 daysold.

The 9th Anniversary Box supplied the same thing an upgrade code and an new account code. It took me 5 minutes to upgrade the one account and create the 2nd account. This weekend I will be closing the other SE account.

It is in their sales logic, they require the account to be at least 30 days old before they will sell you an upgrade code. That same logic is not in the actual upgrade process itself.

C

Cleopatra

Hi Olahorand. I buy at least 3x 30 day gametime codes a month via paypal as I don't like to use my Amex to pay directly anymore. You can buy the 90 day ones also.

I just send the equivalent of $15.99us for each code (no idea if this is the right amount or not, but I haven't been informed it's not so far) to [email protected], note the transaction ID from it, then I send a message to EA support informing them about my purchase.

In your message to EA Support, you need to tell them your account name (one account name is fine, no matter how many you have), the last 8 digits of the card used to pay for the codes, last gametime code used on this account (if any) the paypal transaction ID., and your e-mail address. Make sure the account name you give them is up to date in the info section of UO.

You may wait 24-48 hours but they e-mail the codes to you once they verify all the info is correct, and they also post them in reply to the message you sent EA Support when they update it.

I have bought codes this way for a few years now and haven't had any problems other than having to wait a few days sometimes for the codes. This way you can send your friend the code yourself when you receive it.

Good luck

C

Cal_Mythic

I’ve been tracking a lot of the account issues. If you are not getting the response you need, please drop Jeremy an Email with “UO:Registration Issue” as the subject heading. Registration and gamecode issues are high on our priority list right now.

We’ve been investigating a lot of the account and billing infrastructure since October 2007. I apologize that this is becoming such a nuisance. I have forwarded your problem to a couple of folks who should be getting back to you promptly

Also, thanks to Tazar for contributing to this thread

--

I

imported_spiderpig

I just tried to create an account. Couldnt do it. Called Support. Was told they'll get back to me in 24-48 hours. Yeah thats helpful!

G

We also have alot of issues using our Credit Card with the UO shop/code site

its an american Credit Card but we have a military adress and the site doesnt seem to like that very much. Usually we have to call the hotline to get our order through and beeing overseas its not toll free.

But our CC works fine for paying the accounts with, so i am not sure what the deal is

L

lunar82

*shameless bump*

It's an old one, but it seems that the issues weren't fixed...

Any update by any chance ?

L

laurlo

I have some issues with reactivating an account, which belongs to a friend in the USA.

There is that highly annoying policy change, which does no longer allow to purchase a stack of codes and hold them ready for when they are needed. (And I hesitate usually to pay other peoples accounts with my credit card to avoid a ban which may hit the other person as well if one of us makes an mistake.)

"PLEASE NOTE THIS POLICY CHANGE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PURCHASE: When you purchase Game Time, 90 days of time will be added to the account you logged into the store with. You will no longer be emailed a code. This upgrade is automatic and will take place soon after your credit card information is verified and the purchase complete. "
Nonsens.

Fine - but how without having to accquire their password? And finding codes in a store is rather unusual.

Also my money I have accumulated in PayPal seems no longer be good enough to pay game codes.

ok, I just found this highly amusing!

L

Lady Miriel

I had a problem like this once. I think the billing address you enter HAS to be the SAME one on file with the card your using, otherwise it isn't valid or something.

Nonsens.