• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA Claus came last night

G

While we were all sleeping,
with sweet dreams in our head.
Old claus came a knocking,
and left us a stocking.

Full of excitment and enthrall,
I picked it up and looked inside.
Everything was the same as last year,
Just this time no one will chear.

Cookie anyone?

G

What a load of crap!! now maybe we are sure where UO is heading when they dupe their own stuff and re hash it so disappointed here
All they had to do is get off their ass and use a bit of imagination god only knows what 11th year vet rewards will fetch ! maybe a gargoyle statue?
grr just about done with this game! risk v reward pfft

G

There is speculation that they stuffed it up like they did with the halloween things.
*super glues farscape to his chair* You my friend cannot go anywheres!

G

Ohgod jeremy just posted the following in UOhall

These are the 2007 gifts... yeah, I know they're not new. To be perfectly honest, in the madness that was this November, we barely got them updated at all.

D

Dain69

And to think i logged in this week just to check them...

What a waste.

G

Well if this is it the presents suck.

But hey there is such a thing as karma, maybe santa knew what we all deserved.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I feel like I've been kicked in the teeth.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's those candy canes, they'll rot your mouth out!

Eh, I really don't mind repeats.. I could do without more chintzy "I can't believe it's not christmas" collectables, when usually the only appeal to many of them (snowglobes, reindeer, etc) is a different bit of text on the label. Unless they're going to go all out and do something really different, that'd be nice, but it wasn't going to happen this year what with the move and all.

S

StarlaUO

I was disappointed it was a full rerun of what we get last year... I don't think its really hard to come up with at least something new, maybe a red suit labelled santa or santarina clothing, or a +10 luck merry christmas sash. Even giving soulstones fragment would have saved all the negative remarks in Uhall.

But with all the chaos, restructuring and the big halloween maginia event, this is maybe really the best they can come up with.

Happy Holidays Oceanians!

C

Cymoril

I have to say that for me personally, I agree. I tend to just lock mine down with the other rewards (I still have Valentines, last years' xmas and 9th and 10th Anniversary shoved unceremoniously in bags on my castle floor, haha).

I guess it sucks for the people who like to do all the cross-shard Xmas trading but hey, at least these people can relax and free up some time by not chasing after these undesirable gifts, as they won't want to!

G

Can always collect the xmas card names that we didnt get last year! I got one from jeremy this year. Still have to collect on a few more chars yet

G

I got a card from Wilki to Fink, guess that's a nice one.

Last year I got one from Skunky to Fink, which sounds like the name of someone she'd hang out with. Also, on another shard, I have a gift (can't remember what exactly, a card?) from Sienna to Fink.. would like to x-shard that over here sometime.

G

Ahh excellent, ive not seen a sienna one on oce which i think is strange. Theres a few on other shards though

C

Cymoril

hehe well most (not all) missed my joke - it was probably too subtle

G

A gingerbread man gave me the sads then the lols last night, i double clicked it and it said Ahhhh! no! i have gingerkids

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Ooh I got a Sienna one this year, and a MrTact one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it odd that there is new Sienna ones... maybe it means that the EM program isnt completley lost...

then again

Im prolly just dreaming...

G

its because its exactly the same as last yeah, same codes = same names

S

StarlaUO

The old names were there cos they can't be bothered to remove the names of staffs who no longer work for them as these are basically old gifts coded last year with a quick change to 2007.

I

imported_JediSith

Not even going to bother loggin to receive these gifts as they are a waste of house storage and space...

L

Lord Jasen_OrB

I ate all the cookies and trashed the rest... what a joke. You'd think they could apply some foresight to xmas gifts... you cannot tell me that it is some huge undertaking to create a few christmas items...

Xmas gifts used to be a really awesome thing that everyone looked forward to. Now the whole idea has degenerated and the expectation of crap or the same crap or modified/re-named crap is the norm!

BOOOO EA!

G

Shane had a good idea, as it's 10th anniversary &amp; therefore 10th holiday you could have a gift from each year.. or maybe a few random years you could trade, etc..

L

Lord Jasen_OrB

That would be a better idea than wasting server space with repeat items nobody wants.

G

You lost the plot!!server space
Is enough space on Oceania to host the Olympics

G

<blockquote><hr>

What a load of crap!! now maybe we are sure where UO is heading when they dupe their own stuff and re hash it so disappointed here
All they had to do is get off their ass and use a bit of imagination god only knows what 11th year vet rewards will fetch ! maybe a gargoyle statue?
grr just about done with this game! risk v reward pfft

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh [censored] them totally for giving you, completely for free, something when they have no obligation to! How lazy of them!

Fight the power, man. With any luck, it'll mercilessly crush you to a fine paste in a very short time and we won't have to listen to this kind of selfish crap again.

edit: Just to be clear, this applies to the rest of you whinging about the gifts you were given, too. If you don't like them, drop them on the ****n floor and shut up. It's not as if there's any obligation whatsoever for OSI/EA/Whoever the bloody hell they are now to give you anything whatsoever. Be grateful and deal with it.

G

Go take your pills! never seen you post anything but flames so burn in em!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see both sides here; we got more than we were 'entitled' to, as such, but much less than most were probably expecting.

For me, the basic underlying irk is not what we did or didn't get. It's in that "it's the thought that counts", and clearly next to no thought went into this year's gifts. EA are masters at building a culture of expectation and then catastrophically failing to meet the mark.

G

ive always been told
"its the thought that counts"
it may not be new but its something even if you didnt want it at least they gave you something

G

<blockquote><hr>

QFT.
I mean seriously, if they had enough time to create the winter wonderland, then why couldn't they of spent 5 minutes to insert a line of coding to give us something else in the stocking. They have things like a plate of food already made, rename it to a christmas dinner, or change a cooked chook to be either a christmas chicken,turkey or goose. A wine bottle full of christmas cheer. Theres even an already made white poinsettia they could of thrown in. Or like a wish I made in winterland, a white dove of peace (rehued origami bird)
Not all that hard. Even I can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alternatively, they could just redo something else and save a bunch of time, instead of doing the easy thing that they probably wanted to do best due to time constraints, and do nothing. At least you got something.

Seriously, you lot are sounding like the spoilt brat kids that cry and pancake and moan when they don't get a bigger christmas gift collection than the previous year. Who gives a toss what OSI spent their time on elsewhere - I'm not discussing their time management. I'm pointing out how ridiculous you lot sound by whinging about what is a christmas GIFT. Not some reward you earnt, but something you get for absolutely free, simply because you log in over a certain time period.

OSI have had a good tradition of at least acknowledging these events and trying to do something extra for them. So what if this one wasn't of the same calibre than the others? At least be grateful that they did anything at all. Again, I'm not interested in their time management, or that they 'could have done something more because they spent time doing something else for christmas' - that's a complete null point as I am not talking about why they didn't do something more. I'm talking about the pathetic reaction by you lot towards a gift.

You guys obviously don't care about the fact that they had the care enough to do something for you, so what is it that is so dissatisfying? That they put no thought into it? It's not even ****n personalised - it's a script that ultimately gives them to you, not the dev team themselves. If you want some thought put into gifts, give gifts amongst yourselves! I and a few mates used to do that - we'd go away and make things for each other, then give them as gifts to one another, and that meant far more than any sort of item that OSI simply changed the name on and had a script auto-generate.

However, I'd hazard a guess to say that's not what you care about. I'd expect that it's more the fact that you are pissed off because you didn't get a chance to score a few more free and new collectables for your little treasure trove of pixel items. In that case, you have effectively negated the entire idea of what christmas gifts are about so Im kind of glad OSI didn't give you what you wanted.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I 'only post flames' because you, among others though above and beyond them yourself, continually post utterly ******** comments that I'd expect from a 4 year old, ritalin-doped little child.

If you had any sort of clarity of judgement, you'd realise I don't only post flames. It's just that you're too preoccupied with yourself that when I call you out on saying something stupid, you get all riled up over it. Do you honestly thing every single one of my seven thousand (and that's a reduced number - at least a thousand have been lost) posts have been flames? Even in recent times? Grow up and think before you post, and maybe I won't call you out so much.

G

Do you honestly thing every single one of my seven thousand (and that's a reduced number - at least a thousand have been lost) posts have been flames

I know where at least half of them came from..

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

QFT.
I mean seriously, if they had enough time to create the winter wonderland, then why couldn't they of spent 5 minutes to insert a line of coding to give us something else in the stocking. They have things like a plate of food already made, rename it to a christmas dinner, or change a cooked chook to be either a christmas chicken,turkey or goose. A wine bottle full of christmas cheer. Theres even an already made white poinsettia they could of thrown in. Or like a wish I made in winterland, a white dove of peace (rehued origami bird)
Not all that hard. Even I can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alternatively, they could just redo something else and save a bunch of time, instead of doing the easy thing that they probably wanted to do best due to time constraints, and do nothing. At least you got something.

Seriously, you lot are sounding like the spoilt brat kids that cry and pancake and moan when they don't get a bigger christmas gift collection than the previous year. Who gives a toss what OSI spent their time on elsewhere - I'm not discussing their time management. I'm pointing out how ridiculous you lot sound by whinging about what is a christmas GIFT. Not some reward you earnt, but something you get for absolutely free, simply because you log in over a certain time period.

OSI have had a good tradition of at least acknowledging these events and trying to do something extra for them. So what if this one wasn't of the same calibre than the others? At least be grateful that they did anything at all. Again, I'm not interested in their time management, or that they 'could have done something more because they spent time doing something else for christmas' - that's a complete null point as I am not talking about why they didn't do something more. I'm talking about the pathetic reaction by you lot towards a gift.

You guys obviously don't care about the fact that they had the care enough to do something for you, so what is it that is so dissatisfying? That they put no thought into it? It's not even ****n personalised - it's a script that ultimately gives them to you, not the dev team themselves. If you want some thought put into gifts, give gifts amongst yourselves! I and a few mates used to do that - we'd go away and make things for each other, then give them as gifts to one another, and that meant far more than any sort of item that OSI simply changed the name on and had a script auto-generate.

However, I'd hazard a guess to say that's not what you care about. I'd expect that it's more the fact that you are pissed off because you didn't get a chance to score a few more free and new collectables for your little treasure trove of pixel items. In that case, you have effectively negated the entire idea of what christmas gifts are about so Im kind of glad OSI didn't give you what you wanted.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I 'only post flames' because you, among others though above and beyond them yourself, continually post utterly ******** comments that I'd expect from a 4 year old, ritalin-doped little child.

If you had any sort of clarity of judgement, you'd realise I don't only post flames. It's just that you're too preoccupied with yourself that when I call you out on saying something stupid, you get all riled up over it. Do you honestly thing every single one of my seven thousand (and that's a reduced number - at least a thousand have been lost) posts have been flames? Even in recent times? Grow up and think before you post, and maybe I won't call you out so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems you hold yourslf as some sort of GOD eh well I got news for you and its not good
As Forrest Gump says "Stupid is as Stupid does " that fits you perfectly i don't know you from a bar of soap and prob do not want to for your "God" attitude is not wanted or warrented showing off you abilities to start a fire drops you below that of a snakes belly so go back into your little world of make belive where you belong and along with 50% of your posts you should dissapear
And you can call me out anytime! I will be there

G

<blockquote><hr>

your a very angry person huh

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not really the one getting angsty over not getting a bunch of new pixels for christmas. *shrugs*

<blockquote><hr>

Seems you hold yourslf as some sort of GOD eh well I got news for you and its not good
As Forrest Gump says "Stupid is as Stupid does " that fits you perfectly i don't know you from a bar of soap and prob do not want to for your "God" attitude is not wanted or warrented showing off you abilities to start a fire drops you below that of a snakes belly so go back into your little world of make belive where you belong and along with 50% of your posts you should dissapear
And you can call me out anytime! I will be there

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you at least make a coherent post, if you're going to ramble [censored] at me? Jesus christ, did you fail elementary English lessons or something? You don't seem to have any grasp on punctuation whatsoever.

The fact of the matter is that you feel hurt because I called you out on being a completely selfish **** about these gifts. You then fall back to babbling about me having some sort of "God' attitude. Being not entirely sure from what corner of your magical rectum you produced that from, I cannot really understand what you're trying to get at with it, but I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing given the coherency of the rest of your post.

I'm not even going to bother addressing your 'stupid' comment, because it's not worth my time. Sufficed to say, judging by your mastery of the English language, it'd be like kicking a puppy to ask you for some quantitative measurement of your intelligence so I can publically compare it to mine for all to see.

In summary, if all you're going to do is resort to pathetically crap attempts at insults, instead of actually attacking me through decently-constructed arguments about the point at hand (christmas gifts), then I've well and truly already proven my point about your attitude, and the least I can do is thank you for making it so easy to point out.

G

Insults by the dozen! very constructive
No i am unable to compete with you knowledge of the English language and how silly it is written but to post here is irrelevant weather it is punctuated or not
as you show by another of your well though out retorts you add sarcasm inbetween that hides your intellgence and your so called education status showing off pfft maybe less pixel watching by yourself and go outside into the sunlight where most of the real work is done instead of spending your time disecting something being discussed between players on this shard who's opinion is worth a lot more that yours
Now what language would you like me to put that into?and would it matter

G

Stop posting? why
Na I thank you for the English lesson it looks pretty in red but it still reads the same thing and there was or is whatever way you want to put it no reason for it now that I have wasted at least 15 min of your life and probably shortened it a tad I hope you feel better
As stated in my first post before you put in your two bobs worth of dribble things like the poor efforts to reward the current subscribers with something a little better than a dupe of last years gifts just put another nail in the coffin after 9 years of collecting Xmas rewards and trading xsharding etc which is part of the game play this year it became pointless so to me that was a disappointing and had brought me closer to the end of this game but would you know that since you no longer play? or do you if so then why did you not just put your explanation of how you feel without attacking others post to do so?
Ok the cricket has finished so sorry cant chat any longer on this subject for i need to go and have a beer
Ho and just for the record than god for the spell checker i figured out how to use that or you would have given me a z- for English

G

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunately, Fink's laid-back attitude that makes him such a nice guy to know is also a burden in this situation, as he'll let you just continue throwing what amounts to pathetically weak insults that do nothing of the sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mercifully, I'm not a mod on this particular forum.. I just handle Beggars &amp; Healers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mercifully, I'm not a mod on this particular forum.. I just handle Beggars &amp; Healers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Praise the gods, I may live to see another day!

S

siyeng0

<blockquote><hr>

I just handle Beggars &amp; Healers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pah! You just wait until the Healer Revolution! You'll be swamped in so much linen you won't be able to moderate a packet of two-minute-noodles. *plots*

...wait, did I say that out loud?

G

<blockquote><hr>

A gingerbread man gave me the sads then the lols last night, i double clicked it and it said Ahhhh! no! i have gingerkids

[/ QUOTE ]

I am truly in a strange mood today I was reading along and agreeing that the pressies kinda sucked.......got to this post and just spat my tea at the monitor thank you for the chuckle before bed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*passes you a tissue*
Welcome back hun

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesnt help that maddie has been walking around with a ginger bread man toy from shrek that says "noo not my gum drop buttons" so I had the voice and all it was really quite funny.......GOOD TO BE BACK.

D

Dain69

WHY DOES EVERYTHING LEAD BACK TO SHREK?!

I went and watched I Am Legend (awesome movie btw) today and managed to crack up at the Shrek scene when everyone else was quiet, the whole Will Smith movie in another Will Smith movie then the obsessive link between them make me hysterical (i wasn't exactly going straight thismorning though lol).