• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ea bashing so dont look in if you dont want to.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have always been very anti-cheat and still believe that they damage uo severely but ive had some time to reflect. even though my acct is being reviewed (i hope but doubt it) i am still going to post this. bear in mind im a branded cheater ive thought about it and i feel there is a more pressing danger to uo and its lifespan and that is ea themselves!
think of all the cock ups over the years that have gradually reduced the subscribers.
you can protect your acct from hackers etc etc but not against ea/mythic.
i loved uo and still do i think despite all ea have done to me but i can no longer play it and ea/mythic will bury uo the way they are going. maybe one day the hard core uo player will be forced into one well run player run shard? then we can all get down to true uo again?
anyway thats my view but i am a cheater and duper etc etc remember that
oh and before i forget, people are over simplifying this as a runic buyer type ban. on my banned acct there was not one, yes not a single runic of any description

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lucy, umm, it might be time for you to move on to another game I think. *hopes you don't own a gun*.

Oh, and IBTL...:p

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lucy, acutaly u need to do a poll how many wont switch, when they end game, and use free warhammer token!!!!!!!
might wake them up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucy, umm, it might be time for you to move on to another game I think. *hopes you don't own a gun*.

Oh, and IBTL...:p

D

dielock

I play UO because I love the game. I do not like EA. They are the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with. They lack everything that is required to run a good company. They lack customer service, talent, market knowledge and compassion. They are lazy, cheap and have not a clue in what makes the customer happy and want to come back. I could go on and on.

When they shut off the lights, I will search a new game out and you can bet your bottom dollar that it will not be any EA game.
This is the only game by EA I play. There will be no other, free or not.

I dislike the company enough to never buy or use any of their products ever again.

T

Tewhai

EA is by far the worse company ever. They try to eliminate dupers, scripters by banning accounts. But what they have been doing are banning and eliminated a lot of innocent people's accounts. Those innocenct gamers are the real victims of EA stupid actions. Who in the UO game can differentiate whether an item is a dupe item nor not, it is EA job to eliminate those dupe items, not by banning people who owned those items. It is like saying..Ok, you pay 12.99 per month to pay UO game, but i am warning you, you need to know what item to buy, and we EA assume you know what you are buying, we dont care, once we see you possess those items, you account will be terminated right away, and we dont care, cause we are EA (Bunch of Stupid people )..LOL..this will make Lucy of Keton happy..hehe..but what i am saying is true though

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically remember it's EA/Mythics game. We pay to play it. When they don't want to play with us anymore they can show us the door whenever they choose for whatever reason.

Time to find a new friends house to play in maybe?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EA is by far the worse company ever. They try to eliminate dupers, scripters by banning accounts. But what they have been doing are banning and eliminated a lot of innocent people's accounts. Those innocenct gamers are the real victims of EA stupid actions. Who in the UO game can differentiate whether an item is a dupe item nor not, it is EA job to eliminate those dupe items, not by banning people who owned those items. It is like saying..Ok, you pay 12.99 per month to pay UO game, but i am warning you, you need to know what item to buy, and we EA assume you know what you are buying, we dont care, once we see you possess those items, you account will be terminated right away, and we dont care, cause we are EA (Bunch of Stupid people )..LOL..this will make Lucy of Keton happy..hehe..but what i am saying is true though
QFT

Its a game run by 3 year olds.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still being reviewed, if they wanted to get to the bottom of this i would have thought they would ask me stuff

T

Tabbitha

Message to Lucy of Kenton

This post was left for you on a thread on UOForums.

Hi all.

Lucy I'm very sorry this happened to you ... if you are available we are discussing some of these issues on Shard Chatter. I would love to invite you onto the show and discuss them with you. Please ICQ me if that is something you can manage. I understand you are in Europe and I'm not sure what the time difference is. We have a clock on our website www.whisperingroseradio.com that will help. Shard Chatter starts at 10pm Eastern. Everyone should tune in and see what we can help figure out on some of this.

I will also say this, we have a friend who is a very trusted member of Whispering Rose Radio who was flagged and put in jail for purchasing a duped item. When we purchase from vendors how are we to know what is duped and what is not? How is it fair that we get in trouble for purchasing these items? That is my main concern for this and I'm sure we will be discussing it tonight on Shard Chatter.

Thanks,
Dr Lil

As you dont [ to my knowledge] use those forums I thought I would post it over here.

Ive also sent you a PM in the hope you get the message in time

regards Tabbitha

M

monnie101

maybe one day the hard core uo player will be forced into one well run player run shard? then we can all get down to true uo again?
Bah. UOers are addicted to UO like it's Crystal Meth or crack cocaine! They can get virtually beat over the skull by EA over and over but will still stay in this game. EA has the best virtual crack known to UOers as they are clearly convinced this is the only game and no matter how much they get screwed up the virtual rear, they will turn and say, "please ma'am may I have another"

:danceb: Please click on my Broccoli man and help him grow to mature. Click on him until you develop tendinitis.

L

Lady_Mina

I've played many online games , owned by other big companies.

And i think EA is messing up big time.

Never have i seen so many problems and bugs in a game.
Some bugs are still here after a year.

It's truly embarresing...for them.
I bet all the other companies are laughing their ass off when they see all the problems EA has with UO.

This really makes me think EA does not care about UO and hired some low-budget unexpierenced devs/ladyboys to have some play fun with UO.