• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Duncan's Poll: Cashout

G

other games have the cash-out feature like Second Life

Linden Lab doesn't buy back $L but does provide an exchange you can use to sell $L to other players. More importantly, SL has no payouts on money objects made by LL. The TSO dev's are trying to have their cake and eat it too. The players are ending up with the crumbs.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

other games have the cash-out feature like Second Life

Linden Lab doesn't buy back $L but does provide an exchange you can use to sell $L to other players. More importantly, SL has no payouts on money objects made by LL. The TSO dev's are trying to have their cake and eat it too. The players are ending up with the crumbs.

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly. This is the Achille's Heel of the whole plan EA is following. They have no choice but to drastically restrict the existing infrastructure in order to push this thing through, and unfortunately, they are doing so at the expense of semi-criminalising a large percentage of the existing player base's style of play.

The sad reality is, whatever route they choose, they cannot allow the bulk of players to earn more than their subscription fees, or it all falls down. I do sympathise with their plight to that end. The more I think about it, the more I realise that TSO should have been closed. This is difficult because, it's not just the players that have sentimental feelings about TSO (and hence, wish to keep it alive); the devs still working on it obviously do too.

I have a feeling that the higher ups at EA have zero interest in a TSO2, or else they would not have authorised this revamp of TSO. Let's face it, TSO is probably the red-headed step-child of all things EA, as far as the execs are concerned.

L

legscroft

ttl

i am so for cash out, it's the only reason i hang around. this game has life left in it, i hope to see it come to fruition...i love collecting my money from second life and hope to do so from tso...

G

Cash-out feature would work against botters if the exchange rate was so low that it wasn't worth it anymore, but this would seriously affect those that want to cash-out for CC reasons. But who's to say that they still wouldn't sell the simoleans on one of their websites? That's something I don't see happening unless EA wants to take them to court for using their name!

G

Much of the idea behind cash out is to create a portal for outside developers to add content to this game. Yes much like others do.
And that is not my guess, that was straight from Lee.
A large part of the problem with TSO was the lack of new content, it was to expensive for EA to continually work on this game compared to the returns it achieved.
If you look at the other games that offer financial returns to outside developers it works. And works so well those games are constantly getting new content.
For EAL to compete against those games they have to be able to supply a similar amount of new content. If they don’t they won’t hold onto any sufficient amount of players. TSO never had the capability to hold players, that was proven long before the exploit.
Two things are needed for outside developers to come into this game.
EA has to offer a means for them to get paid, and at least give some chance of that payment making the hours they spend worth while.
They also need to show they can produce a big enough customer base for the content these people will make.
Although I really don’t like the way the devs are making way for cash out, I feel it is needed for this game to have any chance of survival.
Without it there will not be enough new content added to keep the numbers in the game.

I

imported_debslee

What you say, makes a lot more sense...always knew Cash out was a good idea!

G

To add to what I said before, as I said I don't like the way the devs are going about making way for cash out.
I don't like the way they're screwing with the original architecture of the game to do so.
Especially when if they thought it about long enough they would realize they could have both.
They could have a cash in, cash out feature that would enable outside developers to do what they are looking for. Which is a means of selling their content into the game for real life money.
And they could do this without altering the way the in game currency has always worked in the game.
All they have to do is separate what is cashed in and out currency for the game from the currency used to buy and sell at least the standard items in the game.
There are different ways that it could be set up, but I am certain it could be done.

V

ValarieNicoleBF

I said no...for the simple fact that I remember when there were no caps OR cheat/bugs whatever. And everyone would sit around in a money house and Talk. I wish those days would come back, and the cash out feature certainly isn't going to do that
I just want it to be fun again, with Challenges. Not to mention that some of us are barely able to afford are 1! account. And yes you could make money from CC, but that takes time and some of us don't have time either. So I want the game to go back to everyone earning their money, and no one has an advantage (say having RL money) over other players.

G

*TTL*

Ok. So the poll shows 66% of people do not want the cash out feature to come to EA Land. I think that is a rather large number against if you ask me.

So, if so many people (Mind you, we aren't talking a huge poll here) don't want cash out, why are the devs still talking about it? I say ditch the cash out idea, raise payouts, and drop this cap idea. Let us enjoy this game for what it is... it's a game... not a second form of income.

G

I voted NO. My reasons:

Initially I was looking forward to a cash out button. I make a lot of money as a lot designer after all. If I could cash it out, even the better. However, a cash out system means simoleans are a rare commodity. And lot designs an houses do not have an influence on the competitive part of the game. The result is nobody needs a lot designer anymore since nobody wants to spend money on lotbuilding.

To top it off, the cash out system or at least the pre-emptive measures taken for its release meant building object costs have risen through the roof, lessening demand for a house designer even more (house designers tend to go fancy...which is impossible with columns costing 6000 simoleans...6$)

To sum it up: NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

I even think the developers should have taken the exact opposite route they have taken. I think a sandbox Sims where everything is free and instead you skill and use money objects to unlock certain content and unique things would be a bigger success. (your sim needs to have skill XX to unlock an extra floor on your lot, your sim needs X 'maze badges' to be able to buy a chess table where you can play a real mini game of chess, your sim needs XX 'pizza badges' to acquire a Tree of Life...those kind of things)

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

Let us enjoy this game for what it is... it's a game... not a second form of income.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

G

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

Ok. So the poll shows 66% of people do not want the cash out feature to come to EA Land. I think that is a rather large number against if you ask me.

So, if so many people (Mind you, we aren't talking a huge poll here) don't want cash out, why are the devs still talking about it? I say ditch the cash out idea, raise payouts, and drop this cap idea. Let us enjoy this game for what it is... it's a game... not a second form of income.

[/ QUOTE ]

No-no-no, 66% of the people posting here do not want cash out. To say 66% of the players do not want cash out, they'd have to run this poll in game. It's been said before that posters here represent about 1% of the total playerbase, if I'm not mistaken. Even with the number of new posters, I'd still guess that we don't even represent 5% yet.....so that's 66% of 5% of the playerbase...which according to my handy-dandy calculator would be about 3 and one-third percent of the total playerbase. In otherwords, we can't ask the devs to scrap or not scrap something based on *just* us here.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

I think its a brilliant idea and for all my hours of making CC, to get not only a great time in game, but a monetary gain too - wtg - I say bring it on!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree fully