• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dudley and Dross, one and done ? and other event criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you really only giving holiday items out that one time only when every other shard has elves logging on daily to hand items out? that really is not fair to the chesapeake community at all, if you can't find the time to be on and do events then don't apply to become an EM, i know its like pulling teeth trying to get you to give out items dudley but really, learn from other shard's EMs, i wish we never lost Faine Morgan she is one of the best EMs in game

P.S. - we as a community are sick of getting items from an event that are named by some character you create, we don't want a regular colored tool kit, named tool kit but crafted by whatever name, we want items with special hues that are actually named something cool, and i mean the name of the actual item, not who its crafted by.... also notice items on other shards like the flying piglet from the great lakes event, and the petal of the golden lotus item, we would like an item with a unique graphic for a change too

think about it dudley, its no sweat off your back giving items to people, players would actually like you more and complain to mesanna less, you realize that you are an Elder EM of 2 years now and have yet to give out your EM greeting sash yet?

it seems when i send emails things dont get done so lemme voice my opinion here and see what happens, we honestly would like changes dudley and dross, we don't like doing 3 hour events and get nothing in the end

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I've said in the past the primary objective of the EM program is to further story lines through events. We are not here to distribute items.

If you have a problem with this you may email Mesanna at [email protected]

Cheers!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
P.S. - we as a community are sick of getting items from an event that are named by some character you create, we don't want a regular colored tool kit, named tool kit but crafted by whatever name
*Raises hand* I am only one person but I like the normal items made by a named EM character, I already wrote a spell and a potion that you can only do with a Blind Seers pestle. Thats all I will comment on.... just that little thing.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I've said in the past the primary objective of the EM program is to further story lines through events. We are not here to distribute items.

Cheers!
well this is a direct quote from EM Bennu on Atlantic

As I have said from day one, this is YOUR EM program, I am just the Event Moderator. I am willing to take all feedback, event ideas, and target audience ideas to heart.
so since Mesanna doesn't respond to e-mails too much, isn't it our EM program?

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've forwarded your comments to Mesanna in case they got lost along the way.

Thanks.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Cheers!
You are here to cater to the player base. The moment you decide that is not the case you may wish to redefine your priorities as an EM.

FYI, I waited around for three hours the other night to *participate* in the event only to miss it due to taking a bathroom break. This is not the first time to feel buggered over mind you, as you have a habit of time and again ignoring those you are here to *cater* to.

Tell you what Dudley, I am half tempted to pull my toons off Chessy due to the way you currently handle things. I think you should really look at the people you are here for...they are not happy.

J

Jamlyn

Are you really only giving holiday items out that one time only when every other shard has elves logging on daily to hand items out? that really is not fair to the chesapeake community at all, if you can't find the time to be on and do events then don't apply to become an EM, i know its like pulling teeth trying to get you to give out items dudley but really, learn from other shard's EMs, i wish we never lost Faine Morgan she is one of the best EMs in game

P.S. - we as a community are sick of getting items from an event that are named by some character you create, we don't want a regular colored tool kit, named tool kit but crafted by whatever name, we want items with special hues that are actually named something cool, and i mean the name of the actual item, not who its crafted by.... also notice items on other shards like the flying piglet from the great lakes event, and the petal of the golden lotus item, we would like an item with a unique graphic for a change too

think about it dudley, its no sweat off your back giving items to people, players would actually like you more and complain to mesanna less, you realize that you are an Elder EM of 2 years now and have yet to give out your EM greeting sash yet?

it seems when i send emails things dont get done so lemme voice my opinion here and see what happens, we honestly would like changes dudley and dross, we don't like doing 3 hour events and get nothing in the end
You are lucky to even HAVE EM,s do what they do in UO. This game is not always about items. What the EM's give us is an e interactive experience with a role paying environment. People like yourself have no idea how boring it actually would be if you got an item at every event we had.

I could care less what other shards are getting, especially their items. If you want to have the items that they get...then go to THAT shard. How about showing some gratitude for what Dross and Dud actually do for every one of us instead of complaining?

In the end..if players always get what they want, things get boring..fast. And in your case, if you got what you wanted, getting an item would be near meaningless and would have less excitement of actually getting one!

Lay off the pixel crack and sit back and enjoy the ride our EM's give us.

J

Jamlyn

You are here to cater to the player base. The moment you decide that is not the case you may wish to redefine your priorities as an EM.

FYI, I waited around for three hours the other night to *participate* in the event only to miss it due to taking a bathroom break. This is not the first time to feel buggered over mind you, as you have a habit of time and again ignoring those you are here to *cater* to.

Tell you what Dudley, I am half tempted to pull my toons off Chessy due to the way you currently handle things. I think you should really look at the people you are here for...they are not happy.
Are you kidding me? Enjoy your time on another server then!

Seriously...the time was posted on the internet of the date and time it was going to happen. Perhaps you should have "held it" a little bit longer?

Sure it only lasted for 15 minutes. Sure I was disappointed that we didn't get to fight anything and the event catered to you pixel crack whiners. Did I get the items? Yes. Will I sell them? No.

Seriously, lets do some constructive criticism here instead of going off the deep end like I seem to have had to in response to the idiocy here.

None of you have any clue how hard it is to be an EM. Show some respect and class to those who take the time and effort to make things better for everyone.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are lucky to even HAVE EM,s do what they do in UO. This game is not always about items. What the EM's give us is an e interactive experience with a role paying environment. People like yourself have no idea how boring it actually would be if you got an item at every event we had.

I could care less what other shards are getting, especially their items. If you want to have the items that they get...then go to THAT shard. How about showing some gratitude for what Dross and Dud actually do for every one of us instead of complaining?

In the end..if players always get what they want, things get boring..fast. And in your case, if you got what you wanted, getting an item would be near meaningless and would have less excitement of actually getting one!

Lay off the pixel crack and sit back and enjoy the ride our EM's give us.
Sorry but EMs are paid to do a job, they are not volunteers, in my opinion they are not doing a good job so I will complain because their job is to make the community happy and I, as part of the community, am not happy. I'm lucky to have EMs? not really, EA decided to put them there to give the player base something to do. Sure i enjoy events but not most of the chesapeake events. Personally, i would love items at every event, i do EM events on every shard and some do drop items at every event, its a lot of fun, Chesapeake is my home shard though. If EMs on other shards didn't give items out too often or good quality items when they give items out, then i wouldn't be complaining, but we should be equal with other shards. If this wasn't my home shard i wouldn't be complaining.

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what's old? The "so go to another shard" reply that always pops up every time someone complains. I should not have to spend MY money to leave the server that I chose to create my characters on in order to get fair treatment from EM's. No one is asking for anything extraordinary, only to get the same treatment that players on other shards get. I don't honestly care about the pixel crack, what I do care about is that you can visit any number of other shards and find that their EM's are active in the community, talking to the players and listening to suggestions and then you have our shard and we get "if you don't like it, e-mail Messanna". I'm sorry, that's a cop out and as a paying player-base we deserve more respect than that.

J

Jamlyn

You know what's old? The "so go to another shard" reply that always pops up every time someone complains. I should not have to spend MY money to leave the server that I chose to create my characters on in order to get fair treatment from EM's. No one is asking for anything extraordinary, only to get the same treatment that players on other shards get. I don't honestly care about the pixel crack, what I do care about is that you can visit any number of other shards and find that their EM's are active in the community, talking to the players and listening to suggestions and then you have our shard and we get "if you don't like it, e-mail Messanna". I'm sorry, that's a cop out and as a paying player-base we deserve more respect than that.
Your thoughts are noted and understood. However you need to realize that our EM's ARE active in our community. They still have the Hall of Commons for all of us to speak to them publicly about our concerns. I have seen them be very helpful and involved in events the township of Aryslan and other townships had planned over the last 6 months.

In the end I believe, you cannot compare a shard with another when it comes to things like this. And I stand firmly in thinking that if we were to get items all the time, everyone will expect an item after and event, and that is plainly not fun in the slightest. I dont want our server to be flooded with rare event items because then, what is so rare about them in the end anyways?

J

Jamlyn

Sorry but EMs are paid to do a job, they are not volunteers, in my opinion they are not doing a good job so I will complain because their job is to make the community happy and I, as part of the community, am not happy. I'm lucky to have EMs? not really, EA decided to put them there to give the player base something to do. Sure i enjoy events but not most of the Chesapeake events. Personally, i would love items at every event, i do EM events on every shard and some do drop items at every event, its a lot of fun, Chesapeake is my home shard though. If EMs on other shards didn't give items out too often or good quality items when they give items out, then i wouldn't be complaining, but we should be equal with other shards. If this wasn't my home shard i wouldn't be complaining.
You are of course certainly allowed to voice your concerns and opinions to the EM's and Mesanna, as they need to hear them. I must also note however, people tend to get stuck on the bad things they see and not the good, unfortunately.

As I had posted previously, I would rather have items drop once a month (as an example) than every event. Wheres the fun in that? In my opinion they should be a rare occurrence.

I think it is good that people voice opinions and I certainly find your latest reply about this topic much more constructive than your previous ones :)

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
As I have said from day one, this is YOUR EM program, I am just the Event Moderator. I am willing to take all feedback, event ideas, and target audience ideas to heart.
First off, I want to know what that EM is on and where can I get some!?!?!?

Second no one should be telling anyone to leave the shard, if we are doing that then I have a short list of names to give for deportation.

Third....where is our undead slushy snowman?

Fourth....some people like the EM program for items, some like it for roleplay....why do the item base players tell the Roleplayers what the EM program is for? AND why do the roleplayers tell the item base players what the EM program is for? Why don't we let the COMPANY or the head lady tell us what the EM program is for?

I like the EM program for ITEMS, RP and TOWNSHIPS! Oh my gosh I must be the devil since I like it for all of those things. Now I don't get to speak my mind to often in public (Because I was a news reporter) and now that I quit, I am very happy to do so....

I use to jump down Dudleys throat hard core, I had a comment for every little thing he did but you know what? That got me about as far as an ant carrying a 10lb weight and it was just uncalled for. So I chatted with the man and I chatted with Drosselmeyer and I got a 360o slap back to reality from someone else. Now back on items, when we do get items they are fricken...I'm going to say it P.I.M.P!!!! Ever since players actually "talked" to the EMs about items we have received more..... Thanks to Manticore I have a great list to supply... to bad the numbers are off *Cough* *cough* *wink* *wink*

Notice Of Outstanding Debt - Ye Olde Savings And Loans (Pink Deed) (10)
Property Of J. Tort (Brown Pouch) (10)
Jamison Tort's Kerchief (1)
Rusty Bootknife Of Jamison Tort (Brown Butcher Knife) (1)
Ork Cider (~10)
Pulverized Bark Of The Golden Oak (~10)
Specially Prepared Fertilizing Solution (~10)
Accounting Ledger Of Mornwok Estate (~10)
Heirloom Of Draco Mornwok (Longsword) (~10)
A Magicians Cowl (5)
Ensorceled Bracelet Of Possession (2)
Tome Of Necromantic Ensorcelment (2)
Mantle Of Necromantic Ensorcelment (16)
Crafted By Duck Hunting Supplies Ltd (50)
Staff Of Necromantic Ensorcelment (1)
Bracelet Of Necromantic Ensorcelment (1)
Ring Of Necromantic Ensorcelment (1)

Tome Of Necromantic Ensorcelment (Opens Up To Runebook (Doesn't Work), Open Book Graphic, Blessed) (?) (*)
Enhanced Tome Of Necromantic Ensorcelment (Opens Up To Runebook (Doesn't Work), SA Facebook, Blessed) (?) (*)
Enhanced Tome Of Necromantic Ensorcelment (Opens Up To Runebook,Necor Book (100 Recall Charge Slots) Blessed) (?) (*)
Vesper Ale (?)
Farmer Jack's Pumpkin Carving Kit -Happy Halloween Chesapeake 2010 (?)
Alpha Hellhound Fang (2)
Hardened Desert Mongbat Dung (4)
Empty Terathian Case (4)
Ghastly Baton Of The Wanderers (Wand) (?)
A Rapier Engraved With The Initials M.T. (Cutlass) (?)
Alabaster Statue of Mars (1)
Walrus Tusk (3-4)
Frozen Bow (12)
Fluffy Holiday Sock [Chesapeake 2010] (?)
Burnt Xmas Apron [Chesapeake 2010] (?)

Now I am going to tell you a little story... once upon a time, someone designed a Fairground and they were told they would get a plaque. They did not get one for the longest time so they said, "Well Dudley just hates me and he is out to get me." Well had this person EMAILED EM Dudley they would have learned that he forgot about it and all this person had to do was send a simple email but instead he sobbed like a little cry baby and said "Dudley hates me" Moral of the story... EMAIL THEM!!! (and I also want to bring this up) I am sooo tired of icqs saying Dudley hates me *YES I do get them*, I just wish people would email them and talk to them, Chesapeake really needs a communications overhaul.

I think part of the debate was about items being written in Yellow or white letters? Is the only difference in that the price to sell them for? (I'm not bashing) I am just wondering.

Okay... so i've talked about several different topics but all interconnected. The only thing I did not like was the time window for a holiday event.... oh and if we can get a list of RP guidelines and rules for townships that would be so very helpful. Not every townships knows how to roleplay or wants too and if they are to be....I hate to say it, "forced too" then we need something to go off of please. <--- you like how I snuck that in there?

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are of course certainly allowed to voice your concerns and opinions to the EM's and Mesanna, as they need to hear them. I must also note however, people tend to get stuck on the bad things they see and not the good, unfortunately.

As I had posted previously, I would rather have items drop once a month (as an example) than every event. Wheres the fun in that? In my opinion they should be a rare occurrence.

I think it is good that people voice opinions and I certainly find your latest reply about this topic much more constructive than your previous ones :)
alright once a month i wouldn't mind too much, if they could just explicitly state before each event if the event will or will not be dropping items, i wouldn't mind then so id know to attend or not

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I've already posted, any comments or criticisms regarding item distribution should be directed to Mesanna, [email protected]. She oversees the program and can answer your queries regarding such.

As for this comment:

"what I do care about is that you can visit any number of other shards and find that their EM's are active in the community, talking to the players and listening to suggestions and then you have our shard and we get "if you don't like it, e-mail Mesanna". I'm sorry, that's a cop out and as a paying player-base we deserve more respect than that"

We, with the exception of perhaps Sonoma at this point, are the only shard that has a weekly meet and greet with any and all players. We've been doing this since December of 2008. Up until last month we were having 2 role-play centric "meet and greet" sessions per month, in addition to the four Hall of Commons meetings. On top of the regular meet and greets our event calendar is about as jam packed as Drosselmeyer and myself can budget. I'll admit that December was a light month, but please understand that even the EMs take time to celebrate our respective holidays and spend time with our families and friends. Please remember while we are employees, this is a part time engagement.

Since the beginning we have welcomed constructive criticism as well as feedback and suggestions whether it be at the Hall of Commons meetings each week, through the bulletin board, the forums, an email, or a book dropped in the mailbox.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you kidding me? Enjoy your time on another server then!

Seriously...the time was posted on the internet of the date and time it was going to happen. Perhaps you should have "held it" a little bit longer?

Sure it only lasted for 15 minutes. Sure I was disappointed that we didn't get to fight anything and the event catered to you pixel crack whiners. Did I get the items? Yes. Will I sell them? No.

Seriously, lets do some constructive criticism here instead of going off the deep end like I seem to have had to in response to the idiocy here.

None of you have any clue how hard it is to be an EM. Show some respect and class to those who take the time and effort to make things better for everyone.
Did I mention items? nope...sure didnt.

Held it longer? I am sorry, but when you gotta go you gotta go.

Constructive criticism? Do you play any other shards...if so, do you know how thoughtful of players the EMs are everywhere else but here?

Hell, on two different events I spent ten minutes asking for help to catch up after crashing...only to be told *tough scat* by Dudley. Now on any other shard the EM would either a) give you information or b) pull you to that location. However on Chessy you get ignored.

I play these events on every server for the most part...and do so because I enjoy both the events and the items that sometimes fall. Do I need to get those items to keep participating? Hell no, I do it to show my support of the EM staff. However, I will not show someone respect who does not show it in return.

None of us have a clue? How would you even know if we did or didn't since EMs cannot divulge who they are? I think you ought to spend a bit more time reflecting on yourself before you decide to assume you know what it is I (and others) have issues with. Thanks.

J

Jamlyn

alright once a month i wouldn't mind too much, if they could just explicitly state before each event if the event will or will not be dropping items, i wouldn't mind then so id know to attend or not
Erm telling players before hand is not anywhere near the right was of handling this. I dont think you actually even understand the EM events. Your not supposed to know the outcome of any event at all.

J

Jamlyn

"Third....where is our undead slushy snowman?"

Wow look at that, Gareth and I made a baby.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
"Third....where is our undead slushy snowman?"

Wow look at that, Gareth and I made a baby.
:ten:

He gets his looks from your side of the family *ROFL*

T

Tancred RedStar

I think some people have pretty grandiose expectations for their $13.95 a month. Legitimate concerns and constructive criticism are always taken into consideration. Screaming, door kicking and threats are a lot easier to ascribe as the rantings of malcontents than calls for improvements. Each shard is unique and different, like flying an airline, you have a choice to make. Chesapeake has had plenty of item-based events, but it sounds like it's not at the level as others, but I dont think it's necessarily a good thing to be the loosest shard in UO. The EM's are ultimately storytellers, not a gift shop.

D.Blackmoore

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too missed the event entirely, am bummed about that. I dont think we should judge the EM's too harshly however. Events and items do tend to go hand and hand at times but we cant expect something everytime. Sure they could possibly use a few more filler drops here and there and even a dang sash from dudley would be nice but its in no way required.
We've been blessed to have gotten what we've gotten thus far as far as townships (we've most likely killed the series there) and I really dont think pancakes about any of it gets anyone anywhere. So why bother?
No offense to Demonous but by him playing so many shards and getting those rewards from other ems thats not because of Dudley or Dross but his own desire to obtain the items. And from one who gets soooo many items from elsewhere the occasional item from chessy should just be a welcome, easily attained item for the ol collection.
The meetings are nice and all but where do they get us as a shard? I thought the summits with everyone talkin smack to each other was the best roleplay I've seen in some time! Where'd that get us?, Cancelled!
I think we outta just enjoy the ride as Jamlym stated as we truly have no control over such things. We get what we get and it's far better than the alternative of nothing at all. They've done a good job with events and perhaps gotten to know us a bit too well at times driving them away from certain events and storylines but with any luck they'll venture back to the lake to see if the waters warm in time.

* two cents deposited*

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
mebe is time for goblin cages to bees brought back? meees had funs wif that arc.Had town invasion, but not wif mobsters we could not kill.There always beees room for goblin hating

ozog

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think some people have pretty grandiose expectations for their $13.95 a month. Legitimate concerns and constructive criticism are always taken into consideration. Screaming, door kicking and threats are a lot easier to ascribe as the rantings of malcontents than calls for improvements. Each shard is unique and different, like flying an airline, you have a choice to make. Chesapeake has had plenty of item-based events, but it sounds like it's not at the level as others, but I dont think it's necessarily a good thing to be the loosest shard in UO. The EM's are ultimately storytellers, not a gift shop.
Again, as I stated before there are many of us who ENJOY the items but don't count on them from event to event. The issue here is the way many people are being treated during these events, we are players...not riff raff.

My guess is that you would probably be upset as well if you saw things happen as I have, and would be disappointed as a result. I admit, no one is perfect...but if a person makes the same *mistakes* again and again, they are no longer mistakes...but rather faults in character.

I would like to suggest to you that you get it out of your head that this is about items, because it is not. It is about being treated the way you treat others...respect begets respect...disrespect begets the same. Ya dig?

BTW, I don't go yelling kicking and screaming during events...if I am dissatisfied I will log and post my concerns here.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks let's please keep this constructive. Attacking the EMs will not get anything accomplished.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PAS modasss - go ahead and lock this as you did the other thread.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, as I stated before there are many of us who ENJOY the items but don't count on them from event to event. The issue here is the way many people are being treated during these events, we are players...not riff raff.

My guess is that you would probably be upset as well if you saw things happen as I have, and would be disappointed as a result. I admit, no one is perfect...but if a person makes the same *mistakes* again and again, they are no longer mistakes...but rather faults in character.

I would like to suggest to you that you get it out of your head that this is about items, because it is not. It is about being treated the way you treat others...respect begets respect...disrespect begets the same. Ya dig?

BTW, I don't go yelling kicking and screaming during events...if I am dissatisfied I will log and post my concerns here.

The OP was regarding item distribution. As I've already mentioned, those comments and questions need to be directed to Mesanna.

Restroom, I'm not quite sure to what instances during what events you are referring, but we do as much as we can during events to help those people who become lost/late. Running an event is a lot like seeing a deranged live television program come to fruition. In a perfect system we'd like to be able to simply offer a means for those who are late/lost to quickly rejoin the action, unfortunately it's not that simple. Providing gates to points just back from the action is one option, however we aren't about to gate players into their death if we can avoid it. It's also not fair to the majority of players who are caught up if we have to stop and tend to those who've become lost or who are running late. Under very rare circumstances we will transfer a player that is lost back into the fray and usually this is only the case when some part of the event mechanic has resulted in their otherwise uncalled for location (stuck/unable to rejoin).

If you feel you've been slighted or ignored during an event in general chat, I apologize. As announced at a previous HoC meeting we almost stopped using the general chat function due to the inability for people to use it constructively. I'm not saying you were taking part in that destructive behavior, but unfortunately all it takes sometimes is for one bad apple to spoil the bunch (or in our case a few). Like I said, running an event can be very hectic, making sure all the mechanics are firing on all cylinders, and sometimes things get overlooked. If you have comments or further concerns I encourage you to email us directly or take advantage of the Hall of Commons meetings that are offered each week.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks let's please keep this constructive. Attacking the EMs will not get anything accomplished.
Actually, my hope is that by posting my concerns here things will eventually change. By making things public in places such as this, a record of events is created. I don't feel my posts were by any means an attack, but rather a first hand opinion based on over a year worth of personal experience.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Actually, my hope is that by posting my concerns here things will eventually change. By making things public in places such as this, a record of events is created. I don't feel my posts were by any means an attack, but rather a first hand opinion based on over a year worth of personal experience.
Your concerns have been noted. Stratics does not have a darn thing to do with EM events. We try to facilitate such. Such as this very forum.

As has been suggested... Take your concerns to the appropriate channels.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The OP was regarding item distribution. As I've already mentioned, those comments and questions need to be directed to Mesanna.
Which is why I posted my concerns here.

Restroom, I'm not quite sure to what instances during what events you are referring, but we do as much as we can during events to help those people who become lost/late. Running an event is a lot like seeing a deranged live television program come to fruition. In a perfect system we'd like to be able to simply offer a means for those who are late/lost to quickly rejoin the action, unfortunately it's not that simple. Providing gates to points just back from the action is one option, however we aren't about to gate players into their death if we can avoid it. It's also not fair to the majority of players who are caught up if we have to stop and tend to those who've become lost or who are running late. Under very rare circumstances we will transfer a player that is lost back into the fray and usually this is only the case when some part of the event mechanic has resulted in their otherwise uncalled for location (stuck/unable to rejoin).
The instances I am speaking of were several. Including two events where I had lost internet connection and the last where I had to use the can and was unable to attend an event I waited three hours for.

If you feel you've been slighted or ignored during an event in general chat, I apologize. As announced at a previous HoC meeting we almost stopped using the general chat function due to the inability for people to use it constructively. I'm not saying you were taking part in that destructive behavior, but unfortunately all it takes sometimes is for one bad apple to spoil the bunch (or in our case a few). Like I said, running an event can be very hectic, making sure all the mechanics are firing on all cylinders, and sometimes things get overlooked. If you have comments or further concerns I encourage you to email us directly or take advantage of the Hall of Commons meetings that are offered each week.
There is no reason to use general chat during an event. As myself and others have pointed out to you (on several occasions), EM chat was created to avoid the harshness associated with general chat. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for you to grasp, but every other shard EM in the game uses this *feature* to keep things running smoothly.

I understand that running an event is not easy, but you don't have to make it more difficult on yourself and others by choosing to go against the grain on what works. People that become stuck or are unable to continue should have an avenue in which to keep in touch with you, to tell them *tough snot* is not a viable solution. Had you taken to the suggestions asked of you by several I can almost guarantee that my *issues* would not have been issues at all.

No, I won't be attending the house of commons to voice my concerns...doing so has done no good in this area before...which is WHY I voice them here.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your concerns have been noted. Stratics does not have a darn thing to do with EM events. We try to facilitate such. Such as this very forum.

As has been suggested... Take your concerns to the appropriate channels.
The EM forums are here to open a dialog between players and the EMs. Telling me I am not in the appropriate place for such is ********.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies for the confusion, when I said "general chat" I meant global chat. We have EM created event channels that are labled "EM EVENT DATE" or vice-versa. We don't, and have never used the general chat.

We do use the chat to keep things running smoothly and dispense information as fast as we can. When this function is used appropriately it is an invaluable tool that benefits everyone involved. What doesn't work is when people resort to profanity or when it becomes an avenue for bypassing the event itself by asking questions or for things we don't have the answer for/can't answer. Unfortunately this was becoming an epidemic, ergo our statements at the HoC regarding the potential for not supporting this function in the future. Since then we've seen a significant decrease in the aforementioned problems and appreciate everyone's willingness to cooperate.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the EM program will (and should) go back to giving no rewards given the amount of whining some people are doing over rewards.

Keep up the great work you are doing Dudley. The silent majority enjoys the time and effort you put behind creating interesting quests and building communities. Don't let the few bad apples put you down.

Happy holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.