• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"dual" wield weapons

Ossy

Adventurer
Sadly, the dual short axes are gargoyle only.

So out of the daisho and runeblades, which are best?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're technically classified as 2-handed, but graphically appear as dual wielding weapons. Are they any good?

Is the Dual Short Axes really just Gargoyle only? Stratics has them as gargoyle only but UO.Com doesn't specify them as such.
Swordsmanship Weapons: Dual Short Axes - Item Catalogue - UO Stratics

There's the Daisho and Runeblade and that's it?
The "dual wield" weapons are:

Fencing: Sai, Tekagi (Claws), and Kama. The only one I have seen used is Kama, as it is the lone fencing weapon with Whirlwind.

Mace: Tessen (Fans). Never get used.

Swords: Daisho, and Rune Blades. Daisho is potentially good depending on what you are fighting, Rune Blade nope.

Really they are no different than any other two-handed weapon, and it's only the specials and speed that matter. Generally none of the "dual wielding" weapons see any use, because they lack Armor Ignore, and only the one has double strike which is a situational special move. People tend to go with the double axe for a swords double strike weapon because it can whirlwind so potentially you don't need two weapons for a champ spawn, and it hits harder. The Daisho is potentially superior if you need the extra defense of feint.

This is all pvm of course, though I think they are even less used in pvp.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Double strike also got a major buff with onslaught. Double axe is the way to go if you need a DS weapon.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the more I research, the more I'm leaning towards the Double Axe
Double axe + Broadsword for your AI weapon would be my suggestion. If it had 50 or less target resist (onslaught helps there) DS, if more then AI.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd rather go with the bladed staff for AI, since it is a two handed weapon and thus has 600 imbuing weight.
Broadsword would be preferably if you are going to use potions or wear a shield for extra mods.