• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DSFASFA ???

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are we all just supposed to accept the fact that these will never be deleted ? Weren't all of the coordinates given to the powers that be, in the hopes that something would be done ? Does anyone else besides myself, still care?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, every time we've sent in a copy of the list, the person on the receiving end gets canned in one of EA's rounds of layoffs that are caused by their CONSOLE GAMES underperforming, sales-wise. Then, the copy that was on the forums got eaten in the Great "OOPS!" of 2008 (TM), right after T'Amon quit UO, then had HIS computer have a catastrophic HD failure that lost the Stratics Mods' original copy.

IF you still have a copy, PLEASE post it here!

When EM Pallando had the failed Meet & Greet Friday night (all the Chaos with the Stratics hacking kept him from putting up a notice until a few hours prior, and only two of us showed), I took him to some of the houses, explained to him what they were and where they come from, and the fate of the 3 other copies of their locations we sent in. I also pointed out that, before him, Dexter, Martel, and others had taken our case to the devs, only to have things go horribly arwy on EA's end.

He's gonna bring it up to Mesanna, and I told him to get her to badger Phoenix to look at it, since he was UO Developer "Vex" during the period those houses were erected in the &$^&$%& first place, and stands the most chance among current staff of having any knowledge concerning them.

So, no, we've not exactly been forgotten, but there's been shakeups every time we've asked before that have eaten our messenger like a tame mongbat sent to attack a Balron.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped caring about this after the list was ‘lost’, it doesn’t really matter that much anyways - all that will gain is a few people will get castle spots, there’s lots of housing spots available even keeps.

EM Pallando

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After having spoken to Mesanna, she asks if a list of locations of as many of the Dfasfa houses as possible can be sent to me at [email protected] or to Mesanna, she can get them taken care of.

She mentions that as well the list has not fallen on deaf ears beforehand, but something always gets shaken up at the wrong time and the person in possession of and in charge of the list loses it or is no longer around to take care of it or pass it on. I'm starting to believe its cursed or something.

A

Az of DSR

like a tame mongbat sent to attack a Balron.
Ok to get this done I think you would need disco and peace for sure. Some sort of slayer instrument, umm, and then be like clockwork spaming bandaids. Also if ya had provo ya could provoke the balron onto something else, so yeah I think ya need a bard.

So who knows Bono, he might be able to get the job done for ya. ( =

B

Beer_Cayse

thanks! I helped get some of the list and recall the areas I covered. I'll see what I can do.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After having spoken to Mesanna, she asks if a list of locations of as many of the Dfasfa houses as possible can be sent to me at [email protected] or to Mesanna, she can get them taken care of.

She mentions that as well the list has not fallen on deaf ears beforehand, but something always gets shaken up at the wrong time and the person in possession of and in charge of the list loses it or is no longer around to take care of it or pass it on. I'm starting to believe its cursed or something.
=================================================
I hope this is still not forgotten. I will be starting the task of marking all 232 spots and posting a list here this weekend as well as keeping a runebook set of each spot.

I will also email them a list of all OSI houses that have never been removed and what ownerless houses I can think of as I come across them.

B

Beer_Cayse

Thank you ... extended work hours with little time to play. Haven't been able to get the energy to even log in. Did close 1 account tho.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's still at least 2 houses still burning from the scripter/duper ban, as well.

I'm doing a list myself, using the X/Y coordinates instead of latitude & longitude. Only got the area between Vesper & Cove (north to the mountains) and between Vesper & Minoc (moongate side of the river) done so far. Was planning on doing the Sacrifice side of the Vesper/Minoc area tonight.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK, I just posted the work I have done so far, over in the EM forum.

It's the dsfasfa houses (and a few more, like two remaining burning duper houses) in the Minoc/Vesper/Cove area, all the way over to the river between Compassion & Sacrifice, and the Bog of Desolation.

J

jaydee68

oh my, please let those get taken care of finally...that would be great. nothing like a bunch (a whole bunch) of permanent, uninhabited mini-towers uglying up the neighborhood.
...not to mention blocking larger house spots from being developed