• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Drop of new expansion ingredients broke

K

kaylun

I think the only place that drops the new crystaline blackrock among other new ingredients is the ratman mobs in cavern of the discarded. Well now griefers are breaking the spawn by dragging of the boss mobs that control the spawn.So now the new ingredients dont drop as long as these griefers continue this policy. Great job EA. Nice polish.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did like 3 whole spawns and saw not one ingredient in there. No blackrock, no essences, no nothing.

Well ok that's wrong, I got 2 reflective wolf eyes. We all know how useful Reflect Physical Damage is though :/

K

kaylun

the drop frequency is low i spent 6 hours in there killed about 8 bosses and all the spawns and got 3 crystaline blaackrock so i figure 1 every 2 hours.

M

Myna

get plenty drops of each reagent, but spawn seems to be bugged

M

maroite

You have to kill the renowneds when they spawn for the spawns to restart. Also, with the rats I have found that sometimes you have to clear 2 or the 3 camps before the first one cleared will start respawning.

The ratman renowneds are so over powered too. Takes way too long to kill them and usually, you don't even get an ingredient off them...

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm not so sure it's griefers; i know folks who drag the renowned mobs away simply because you can't kill them alone and even with other folks that ratman takes forever. unless you want him always on your back as you kill other things as well, it's just easiest to lead him away.

one thought is that if you do the spawn you need to finish it--but in this case i really believe the renowned mobs just have too many damn HP. i spent 30 minutes fighting the ratman renowned on my archer getting it down to half HP only to have it disappear. that's right, it just disappeared. after that i decided never again.

K

kaylun

thats probably how the spawn gets broke were you leading him off when he disapeared?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, the ratmen take way too damn long. Goblins are so fast.

M

mastodon

as for the drops i have never got the blackrock, i have however cleared the enitre encampment solo with a sampire, i have also never lured them away either. its is quite hard to clear with 2 renowned ratmen on you. as for rate of drop i cleared the zone 3-4 times and got 2 lodestone, 10 essence, 1 abyss cloth, and 2 arcane runes just my 5 on it.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've managed to collect these quantities of items from the Cavern of the Discarded on one particular shard after spending a total of probably 5-6 hours there over the last few weeks using a tamer character:

43 Reflective Wolf Eyes
22 Essence of Balance
7 Arcanic Rune Stones
7 Seed of Renewal
6 Crystal Shards
5 Abyssal Cloth
4 Delicate Scales
3 Elven Fletching
2 Crushed Glass
2 Powdered Iron

I've killed virtually every renowned character I ever ran into there and got ONE "artifact" drop out of it, which spawned on the ground where anyone could have picked it up.

It's definitely a challenge to stay motivated to hunt for ingredients from this particular spawn. Guess I'll keep doing it in small doses and eventually the goods will finally pile up to reasonable amounts. It'll be a long time until I have relic fragments to use with them for imbuing, so I guess I'm not too concerned about the slow drop of ingredients there at this point.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure "anyone" could have picked it up? It might use the snake-egg mechanic where there's a window of privilege where only the person who earned it can pick it up?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure "anyone" could have picked it up? It might use the snake-egg mechanic where there's a window of privilege where only the person who earned it can pick it up?
I don't know. No one else was around and I snatched it off the ground very quickly. I wish a developer would confirm if these situations where "artificats" described in the Publish 60 notes just show up on the ground are working as intended, are a stop-gap measure for delivering them, or have nothing at all to do with killing renowned creatures. I've picked up one other "artifact" in another area and read someone else's description of picking one up in yet another area far away from the Cavern of the Discarded, so I'm pretty certain they aren't landing on the ground because they came through the trash system. But I have no way of knowing if someone's stealthing around dropping them randomly after someone kills a renowned creature or if they're landing there as a result of some game mechanism.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be getting lucky then cause I found a 7x7 in Fel Trinny with ONE vendor that sells 25 Silver Snake Skins for 10k... and pretty much 25 of everything for 10k.
Bought lucky coins for 5k each... Relic Frags for 25k each... Hmm.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must be getting lucky then cause I found a 7x7 in Fel Trinny with ONE vendor that sells 25 Silver Snake Skins for 10k... and pretty much 25 of everything for 10k.
Bought lucky coins for 5k each... Relic Frags for 25k each... Hmm.
what the hell, please be on great lakes