• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread Spider

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of the highest powered pets now are PP and can't be obtained anymore. You'd think they would improve TP or slots slightly on some pets to bring them closer to a usable pet that can still be obtained. Like how did a giant beetle get so good, and imps (plus a million more pets) get a raw deal.

I think they should nerf all PP munsters.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Some of the highest powered pets now are PP and can't be obtained anymore. You'd think they would improve TP or slots slightly on some pets to bring them closer to a usable pet that can still be obtained. Like how did a giant beetle get so good, and imps (plus a million more pets) get a raw deal.
It all comes down to the intensity cost of Magery/Eval/Necro/SpiritSpeak and those animals that spawn with no innate magical. Those that spawn without innate magicals from a training standpoint look better with regards to training points, 1500 points better.

When the taming patch came out many many people were releasing their old nightmares, dragons and white wyrms. No one wanted them (except myself and maybe a few others) until about Novemeber/December of 2017. The reason they were appealing was the magery penalty didn't hurt them as much if you wanted to pick alternative magics.

A PP nightmare isnt stronger than a hiryu or cu sidhe. They are on par.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to know why a Grizzled Mare is 1 slot, but imps are 2 slots at spawn. Grizz has necro, imps have magery, both have super low stats.
Why is the Fire Steed almost the same as a 2 slot Nightmare. On the Steed, where is the 1501 points for magery?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why is the Fire Steed almost the same as a 2 slot Nightmare. On the Steed, where is the 1501 points for magery?
Fire steeds are on the lower end of the 2 slot range, nightmares on the upper end. Fire Steeds have more int, mana and resists than a 2 slot nightmare. 100% fire steed is a 3170, lowest possible nightmare a a 3951. Pets weren't intially created for something in the future called intensity. Fire Steeds haven't changed just the system. A few select pets just ended up having their range at the bottom of the barrel for that slots intensity range.

In some ways the Cu is better. I'd rather have healing than dragon breath. They have very different damage types though.
I meant their power is on par with what added training each can obtain and the finished product. the bells and whistles.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Fire steeds are on the lower end of the 2 slot range, nightmares on the upper end. Fire Steeds have more int, mana and resists than a 2 slot nightmare. 100% fire steed is a 3170, lowest possible nightmare a a 3951. Pets weren't intially created for something in the future called intensity. Fire Steeds haven't changed just the system. A few select pets just ended up having their range at the bottom of the barrel for that slots intensity range.

I meant their power is on par with what added training each can obtain and the finished product. the bells and whistles.
For slot determination at spawn, is there an intensity number that is the "border" for each slot tier? If so what are they?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Why can't they just slightly buff underpowered pets so people will have more variety?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
For slot determination at spawn, is there an intensity number that is the "border" for each slot tier? If so what are they?
These numbers are approximates, as it is all based on lots and lots and lots and lots of time spent in the field loring various animals to find ranges.

1 Slot: 0 to 2705
2 Slot: 2705 to 4254
3 Slot: 4255 to 5760
4 Slot: 5761 to Unknown (more data is needed, somewhere around ~7400 I believe. The only things that currently spawn as 4 or 5 slot are Greater Dragons and Dragon Turtles, which are pretty uncommon to find so data is limited.)

This is at time of spawn intensity. If the pet engages in combat after spawning, or you skill it up after taming it, and it naturally raises it's Stats (Dex/Stam/Int/Mana) to 125, they can potentially become an over-imbued pet. Meaning they will rate over 100%. The rating is still a fair assessment of the pet's power in this case, as the rating is based purely on the spawn potential.

Someone recently sent me a Najasaurus they had tame that was rating as a 10% 3-slot pet, but the lore page showed it was a 2 slot. Turns out it was an incredibly high 2-slot spawn, with next to nothing in Int/Mana. He then skilled the pet up naturally, which raised it's Int/Mana to 125, giving it about 100 free intensity. Once I accounted for this in the calculator, his Naja was rating as a 116% 2-slot in its current state.

So if you look at the ranges above, and look at a pet that has a spawn intensity of 3000, vs a pet that has a spawn intensity of 4200 -- they will both be 2 slots, and they will both have 3 full levels of training. But the pet that spawns as a 4200 has ~1200 more intensity for the same slot, which is a huge advantage (unless that intensity is eaten up by Magery/Necro).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:cheerleader::cheerleader:
Why can't they just slightly buff underpowered pets so people will have more variety?
:cheerleader::cheerleader:

@Khaelor and @Khyro could use their spreadsheets and make this happen. Make all of the underpowered pets start like a 1 slot lesser Hiryu. Start with a skree!