• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon turtle spawn tips for warrior?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What type of damage should I put on my weapons? Is the Dino slayer armor at all workable into a suit? Can the turtle itself even be soloed in any decent amount of time?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It takes less than 1 hour to solo turtle spawn.
I use AI on 4th level and against the turtle (100 physical bladed staff) when solo'ing.
I use cold damage on level 3 and energy damage on level 2. Any damage is OK on level 1 so I use fire just for balance.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What type of damage should I put on my weapons? Is the Dino slayer armor at all workable into a suit? Can the turtle itself even be soloed in any decent amount of time?
Ive been playing with this a lot recently, this is my personal advice. Take it or leave it. :p

When I use a FIRE damage weapon, ENERGY is also fine and marginally better for some of the mobs, I just couldn't be bothered making one, the difference is trivial.

Stage 1
100% FIRE double axe with fire area, whirlwind till your fingers bleed

Stage 2
100% FIRE double axe with fire area, EOO the tigers be careful of the gorillas, if there are more than 5+ gorillas in your attack range and you only damage and not kill them be prepared to get banana'ed to death. I usually single target the gorillas and round up the tigers.

Stage 3
Very awkward phase, I usually start by honoring myself (5 mins) and take out all the remaining tigers as they are a pain and can do a huge amount of damage and drop you quickly combined with the Infernus and Phoenix. I switch to a 100% FIRE double axe WITHOUT area effect to do this.

After the Tigers are gone I switch to a 100% COLD damage Elemental slayer. EOO the Greater Phoenix and whirlwind till your fingers bleed. Just be careful to move out of fire patches from the infernus, they will strip health off you fast but with the Elemental Slayer they usally die in 2 swings. (I tried equipping a bird slayer talisman, It didn't work /sadface)

Stage 4
I do this on foot, leave my swampie out of the way and use a Reptile Slayer Bladed staff (AI) and usually throw Valor at the altar. You literally have to take 1 at a time in this phase. The dinos have fairly high resists, lots of health (hence switching to AI with bladed staff) and they dismount AND disarm you often. WW is not an option in my opinion. I usually EOO the Allosaurus as they have the largest health pool, the Dimetrosaur don't hit as hard and have much less health.
Both dino types have the dismount, disarm and AoE poison effect.

The Dragon Turtle
I personally use 100% ML, 66% LL, 50% SL, 40% LA, 40% LD bladed staff, AI till its dead. Something similar would be fine.
Need to be wary of its dismount and disarm abilities, I've had both happen on one occasion and it does not end well.

The 'sphere' phase is good, it's a break from all direct damage and I welcome it.

The only thing to add to this is what i call the 'hit anomally', sometimes you will literally miss every swing and when you do hit your damage is halved (and no this is NOT the debuff applied by the boss with the turtle head icon). You just need to push through this, eventually your hit chance will increase 99% and your damage will double.

If all goes well I average about 50 mins for this spawn. I usually do this in Fel, it's quieter than the Eodon spawn. Loot and head home for tea and medals! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 3lK

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
i just run and throw down raw fish steaks until im home then lock the door and hide under my bed! lol

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Last time I did Turtle several months ago, it was hard to get past level 3 without more than a couple of players. Couldn't advance the spawn fast enough.

I might give it a shot again. I don't have Bushido, just Chiv/Archer.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
That @BearCorpse fellow has a vid on YouTube of him soloing the Turtle itself in ~4 min. I'm sure he cherry picked one that's marginally weaker than others, but still, it's pretty impressive. He uses a 2H axe, Onslaught, and just DS it to death.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Shameless plug. I'm insanely slow with production.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Very nice. Are you healing entirely with HLL and HML?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Very nice. Are you healing entirely with HLL and HML?
Yup, Life leech on weapon (probably helps a bit 66%) and Vampiric Form and the occasional Confidence application when I'm on the run!

A Bear Corpse is waaaay better than me at these things. I'm either too lazy or slightly drunk when it comes to being inventive!

A Bear Corpse is where I get my motivation.

On a side note, I don't use Parry, just a personal preference, hence you don't see me using evasion or counter-strike. I run with 40% DCI and accept the consequences. Personal thought but I think Parry is overrated on champ spawns. /shrug