• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Draconi tells the Abilities of the New Cloaks

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found this post interesting by Draconi. Notice it says current abilities? I wonder if they will change in time?

Current abilities of the Cloak of Corruption:

Attempts to aggro a large area around the player
* Doesn’t work in towns/guard zones
* Cannot aggro players, pets, summons, or benign creatures
* Cannot aggro anything that is currently in battle
* Increases speed of aggro’d mob for several minutes
* Boosts Fame obtained from aggro’d mobs
* Can draw attacks up to 30 tiles away

Rapidly decays Karma
* -500 karma every 30 seconds equipped

Rapidly decays HP, Mana, Stamina in the normal world
Rapidly restores HP, Mana, Stamina in the Ethereal Void

To sum: A dread's best friend, or a hero's shield in the unknown.

S

slasherofveils

very interesting.

does the glow rift count as the etheral void? says supp[osed to rapidly regen in it...

Where did you find this btw?

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He posted it over in U.Hall under the subject heading of "cloaks of corruption, what have we found out about them?" You can check it out here if you wish to double check: Cloaks of corruption, what have we found out about them?

When someone guessed that the cloaks would be a turn in item like most things from in game events he also had this to say: "Actually, no, this one’s a keeper. It won’t be in the coming turnin." So those of you who have collected large numbers of the cloaks and used up much of your blackrock may be let down.

Still what got me was how he used the words current abilities. That has me guessing that maybe in time we may be able to use those threads we have collected to change them into something new. I most likely am wrong but what do all of you think?

L

Lord Franklin

Val, that sounds perfectly reasonable. It would be interesting for them to have the cloaks as a base and add new threads that modify or add to the different powers of the cloaks. They could add a new thread with new scenarios or expansions. If they make it one mod per cloak, having a ton of cloaks might be handy.

Of course, that's a lot of planning into the future!

Franklin