• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Draconi on Atlantic

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hold it.....

Draconi constructing something instead of destructing?

*Looks outside to see if the sky is falling*

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't like it, it doesn't fit in with Britain at all, a river and grass on top of a roof in a medieval setting? Its too bright and unrealistic to me, like the neons.

But, I suppose if it draws people from Luna, it can't be too bad.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I told a guildmate of mine that perhaps he can get a job mowing the bank roof. :D

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like it, it doesn't fit in with Britain at all, a river and grass on top of a roof in a medieval setting?
My understanding was that fountains and cloistered herb gardens were common decor in medieval times, with bright dyes and flowery trappings. I believe the gloom-and-mud depiction of the times, with tapestries that have had hundreds of years to fade from their original brightness, is likely the more unrealistic vision.

( example of the mindset of their imaginations: a 16th century painting imagining the legendary hanging gardens of ancient bablyon ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hanging_Gardens_of_Babylon.jpg )

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My understanding was that fountains and cloistered herb gardens were common decor in medieval times, with bright dyes and flowery trappings. I believe the gloom-and-mud depiction of the times, with tapestries that have had hundreds of years to fade from their original brightness, is likely the more unrealistic vision.

( example of the mindset of their imaginations: a 16th century painting imagining the legendary hanging gardens of ancient bablyon ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hanging_Gardens_of_Babylon.jpg )
This is correct. In fact public fountains and such were common even pre-medievel era in the Roman Empire. It was common for royalty and nobility to be dressed in bright colors that stood out as well as decorate their public areas in similar fashion.
For some reason whenever people think of the medieval period, they think of the ugly drabness of the peasants and their shoddy homes...

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like it, it doesn't fit in with Britain at all, a river and grass on top of a roof in a medieval setting? Its too bright and unrealistic to me, like the neons.

But, I suppose if it draws people from Luna, it can't be too bad.
Agreed. Where the heck is that water flowing from? I wasn't a fan when I saw the winning pic, but now I think I downright hate it since I have been there in game.

Fare thee well Brit Bank...

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It doesn't fit with Ultima medieval, I should say. Which has never been bright and colourful, at least not in its environments for the most part. Also, I don't think it would be on roofs, with rivers and such for the public to go around on.

E

ElRay

I don't like it, it doesn't fit in with Britain at all, a river and grass on top of a roof in a medieval setting?
The "medieval" setting went out the door with AoS and all its neon glory

M

Mairut

Someone beat me too it ;-P. I've got another thread going that I'll put photos in of the remodel as soon as I get it figured out.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad being an interior decorator is more of a priority then dealing with hacks/cheats etc
Dude... its Saturday, he is clearly doing this on his own time to be nice.