• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing/Boats double growth... now missing seedlings?

kaiya_uo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been mass growing plants for quite some time now, and i have for the last 5 years gotten used to double growths on my plants without using fertile dirt, but now the glitch is up to missing seedlings, went to water my plants on day 4, and i now have 4 seedlings missing from their bowls. And no it is not in any particular area, i had lived in malas for quite some time and had double growths while there as well.
missing seedlings.jpg
As you can see in the picture above the bowls are empty, they are all filled and softened before locking them down and raising them, to the height seen in the picture, then seeds are added to the bowls . And yes i am growing on multiple floors as you can see the spider trees and other plants from the floor below.

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy crap that's a lot of plant bowls.

Can you say, Raised Garden beds?

I know, we each have our own way of playing UO. Plant maintenance is a full time UO job and I'd rather spend my time fighting mobs. I bet you collect a mass amount of renewal seeds.

Are you sure you didn't miss a watering cycle or potion tending? When I open the plant gumps, they stack on top of each other and it's easy to tend one plant twice, or close a gump without tending the plant. This usually happens when I'm in a hurry and I'll accidentally double click.

kaiya_uo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, i know of raised garden beds i also have 6 of those, that i used for mutants and other plants as well. that's the first thing i do when i log onto uo, is tend to my plants, and i open each plant gump one by one, counting as i finish each 1 - 5 per column, and move on to the next in the row starting at the top one, even go through and double check them some days, and i am not gonna say i don't miss any because i have, but never that many in a row, which i ended up logging on yesterday only to find that i had another double growth on the second and third rows of that floor, watered and put potions on them, walked back through again to take off seeds, only to see that some of the plants that i dbl potted were no longer double but went to single. And yes, it does take me an hour or two some days, longer on set up and tear down days, but like i said i enjoy it :) and i do have time to do other things in game besides plants lol.

Last edited: