• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom?????

• Thread starter Beefcake101
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

Beefcake101

Can i logg out in doom with my dragon or do i have to stable it?

2. If i leave doom do i lose the points i have made today? Does it reset when you leave or if you logg out? Was told many things and even was told that you keep them even if you leave.

3. What do i have to do to get a drop in doom????????????????????????

I been in Doom since 8 am today. Did about 33 runs and killed dark father over 55 times. Not 1 drop. I have never got any drops in doom never, not 1 . I am doing the most damage out of the group. (We are not in party.) have a greater dragon with top stats. Started off with only 3 of us and the other 2 had weaker dragons. I am hitting it with spells and at the end hit a few times with word of death. I have not left at all.

But others are getting the rares. 1 guy only helped with about 3 of them then he got a drop with only hitting word of death 2 or 3 times no dragon or other spells. Another guy was his 2nd time to doom and only seen dark father 4 times , yet he got a rare. I have died a few times and still nothing. I do get a few drops at champ spawns but nothing at all from doom. Been like this for years. What the hell is going on. I am tired of it dammit.

Now 12 of us in here and out the 12, 4 got drops (they showed them to me) but i have got nothing at all. I have been here many times the last month and still not got anything.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dunno about the pets.

You only lose your point total when you get an artifact. You are free to leave the dungeon, log out, whatever.

All the creatures in the gauntlet area have a chance to give you artifacts (Dark Fathers moreso).

Some other people have reported getting 0 artis since the tokuno system was introduced to Doom. There's always the possibility that your luck really is "that bad", but who knows?

R

Ravahan

1. Yes, you can log out in doom and your pet will autostable just like anywhere else. (I've seen a tamer log in the shop before, I'm posetive)

2. No, your points don't reset. Its just like when ToT was on.

3. Be persistant! Kill kill kill. Try to do as much spike damage as you can, as that seems to help my drops a lot on my archer. Its best not to run the gauntlet like all day, but rather do a few hours a day whenever you feel like it. I generally camp out until I either get something REALLY good or my bow needs repairs.

Please be archer friendly and drop the arrows and gold out of the corpses! Arrows cost 152-157 gold EACH to replace. Also, remember your dexxer friends need the bandages off the mummies! A great place for you to get em' as a tamer, too, because they cost a similar amount.

This has been a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood Rava =D

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a 200 DPS archer in doom i get a drop every 4-5 hours, if your not doing that sort of damage, scale it down..... Your dragon probably does 50 DPS so times 4-5 by 4 = 16-20 hours for a drop..... I can solo every room and just about a DF but he takes a while but my point are less than doing it with 10 people DPS. Its more benificial for there to be leads of people as it makes me always top DPS when 1 drops.

To be sufficient in doom with a tamer you need a cu sidhe and peace prove.

A greater in doom is usless, you can solo all rooms but usless on DF

M

Maggie

What makes you think your the top damager?

I personally think pets make great meat shields but arent top damagers usually. Also I hate taking my dragon cause he will stop killing the darkfather and agro on the surrounding spawn. Which gets no credit I believe.

I prefer my mage gets 150-200 hp per flame strike, or 90 per meteor swarm, ev s, then 800 hp word of death on a darkfather. For me, 3 word of death is 2400 hp. I cannot solo but I can damage and help a crowd. Magery is good also for heals and gift of renewal.

Now even if your not top damager you get points that build up you should get something. I have seen several people with this same complaint and it is usually a very old character. Someone on a different thread/forum recommending changing the character to elf. It is kind of refreshing your toon I guess. If your an elf hater maybe change it and change it back. This option sucks if you have gorgeous hair, but even so if it works the benefits may outweigh the bad. I suppose depends how many bone crushers/dragon slayers (the things I get!) one needs.

J

jelinidas

What do i have to do to get a drop in doom????????????????????????

I been in Doom since 8 am today. Did about 33 runs and killed dark father over 55 times. Not 1 drop. I have never got any drops in doom never, not 1 . I am doing the most damage out of the group. (We are not in party.) have a greater dragon with top stats. Started off with only 3 of us and the other 2 had weaker dragons. I am hitting it with spells and at the end hit a few times with word of death. I have not left at all.
How old is account and how old is the character?

I bet the answer(s) are older then Doom changes.

Stone the skills, roll another toon. Apply skills, and let us know what happens!

O

Old Man of UO

Stone the skills, roll another toon. Apply skills, and let us know what happens!
An thus another Urban UO legend is born. Don't believe this, but it ain't true.

Hobo Sapien

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I would be interested to see if that made a difference! I don't think it would we have many chars that do Doom. Many are older then the changes and our group always pulls arties. Myself I take my mage/tamer with greater dragon. Dragon does all my damage as I am there for rez and heal duties. I pull one about everyother trip. This for me is only a once a week hunt, duration of about 2 hrs.

B

Beefcake101

update.

over 14 hours yesterday and nothing.
over 10 hours today and nothing.

Logged at home. Did not want a chance of losing my dragon. I will never find another like it.

Z

Zodiac19

I'm with you dude. I've been in and out of Doom since it opened and have never gotten a drop. I've had my Mage, Archer, and Tamer down there, these are across two accounts. The only time I go there anymore is if my guildmates want to do a couple of runs.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this will help - but my first few arties after the change came from the mini bosses instead of the DF.

So remember to whack them too.

Amren

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logged at home. Did not want a chance of losing my dragon. I will never find another like it.
How does your dragon differ from any of the others that can be tamed and trained other then the emotional value you attach to it?

O

onthefifty

i do much better on arty drops with my sampire macer than i ever did with my dragon/tamer/sw guy.

the tamer is 23 months. the sammy 3 months.

R

Ravahan

Not sure if this will help - but my first few arties after the change came from the mini bosses instead of the DF.

So remember to whack them too.
I've yet to get a drop from the DF myself. Maybe that's the issue? I do about the same damage to the DF as the bosses I get drops from, so.... Not sure why.

B

Beefcake101

OK update.

Got a drop within the first 5 minutes in doom today. Went into the 1st room and got a hat of magi before the room was cleared. After years finally got my first drop in doom. I guess it all starts over now. I sure hope it will not take as long to get another lol but i am happy that i finally got one. I will try my sampire out there when his training is complete.

R

Ravahan

OK update.

Got a drop within the first 5 minutes in doom today. Went into the 1st room and got a hat of magi before the room was cleared. After years finally got my first drop in doom. I guess it all starts over now. I sure hope it will not take as long to get another lol but i am happy that i finally got one. I will try my sampire out there when his training is complete.
Congratulations!!! And great drop, too! My first one was a Tunic of Fire in the horror room. I believe you've broken the bad luck chain and will start seeing some regular drops now. The drop points will continue to accumulate pretty much no matter what until you get a drop.

A couple of Doom tips that I personally use that many may disagree with for a long camp-in.
1. Wear nothing that isn't blessed or throw away unless its absolutely essential to your character working. Insurance adds up fast in Doom, so I only insure three bows and my jewels when I go in. One of those fancy new armor sets would work great here if you have it.
2. stock up on all consumables!! Fill your bag FULL of bandies, as a tamer. I reccomend using non-insured arcane clothing for regs and taking a few gems. You can also buy sufficient regs from the store between runs for standard vendor prices (at least that's what I noticed from necro regs). LRC is /not/ required.
3. bring your friends! Most of them won't stick around, but let em' ride your skull. You'll get some hassle-free res's while they're there and a little more bang for your buck, especially if you take turns buying or pitch in.
4. For the purpose of replacing consumables; on the DFs loot the scrolls! They NPC for enough to get ya a bandy per scroll or so. Kill the mummies, 10 bandies per are as good as 1570 gold. Liches got scrolls and reagents.

Using these tips, if you're a tamer you can pretty much stick around indefinately. Enjoy!

B

Beefcake101

Went today to get a few skulls and 1st one went good 2 of us kill bone demon fast and i got a skull. Went back and did him solo, just me and my dragon. (took spell weaving off and added provoke) Killed him twice and did not get a skull. I thought you get a skull every time. I got like 4500 gold from him but no gold skull. I had my dragon attack him while i healed and provoked . Killed it easy enough. Went turn in bones and tried again and still no skulls. That is 4k bones wasted in 2 days on gold skulls that never showed up.

I did get one when i was with other person but nothing solo.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went today to get a few skulls and 1st one went good 2 of us kill bone demon fast and i got a skull. Went back and did him solo, just me and my dragon. (took spell weaving off and added provoke) Killed him twice and did not get a skull. I thought you get a skull every time. I got like 4500 gold from him but no gold skull. I had my dragon attack him while i healed and provoked . Killed it easy enough. Went turn in bones and tried again and still no skulls. That is 4k bones wasted in 2 days on gold skulls that never showed up.

I did get one when i was with other person but nothing solo.
Never had that happen before. I get a skull everytime.

Just to check, when you gave the last bone to summon the bone deamon, did you recall out to fetch a different pet? If you recalled out after summoning the BD, you won't get any skulls and won't get the bones back either.

Some people have a pack animal to help carry the bones, give 999, and keep 1 on themselves. Then recall out, change pet and come back to give the last bone to summon the BD. If you accidentally gave all 1000 bones...opps...

You were not overloaded when you killed the BD right?

B

Beefcake101

i Come in and drop about 300 bones at a time. Then i give her 350 or so then go fight it straight from there. However lost connection 2 times but never left once it was started. A few times i log off so i can heal my dragon in same room but different side of of him like if my dragon is fighting him north i go south east in same room and log off then logg in and have dragon on side of me to heal. I guess when you logg off that must be the problem.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you are right, the logoff and disconn probably reset the same flag as if you left/recalled out.

You used to be able to get the bones back, but people found out how to exploit it, so they changed it. People found out how to exploit that too. And thus here we are...I don't mind hunting 1000 of them, just wished they don't weigh 1 stone each...