• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom?

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there not any interest in the gauntlet? I've spent the last two days there, my first time ever being a returning player. I've only seen less then a handful of people there in two days. The bosses are incredibly fun but I'm not -quite- up to snuff to solo it all. It'd be great to see other people down there, feels like a single player game hehe.

D

DPudding

People got Spawn Drop Mania! If there's new drops in the Abyss....the DF's will be even more lonely.

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I'm sure the champ spawns have got a lot of peoples attention for replicas, but I've been ENJOYING Doom way more then champ spawns.. To each their own though! I've only been back two months since 2004 so I can see how some people might be tired of Doom.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the Gauntlet but I have also discovered that Lady Mel is rediculously easy so me and a buddy have been killing the crap out of her for a while.
I play a disco, provo mage down there and I LOVE IT! Because of the gauntlet that has become my favorite character by FAR!
What characters do you play down there?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you catch me at the right time (sorry again about yesterday, Bedlam Champ is one of my wannados, and that was the first time I got a group who wanted to do it with me), I'd likely be happy to go along for the ride. I have a couple of bows I'd LOVE to test out down there.

Maybe before the weekend. It looks like the weekend is going to be a roleplay/EM quest extravaganza. At the latest, we'll make a run next week.

GRI used to run Doom runs every Wed and Fri (when there weren't Friday night hunts), but those stopped when we all got spawn-crazy.

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farsight, thats fine. Bedlam was a lot of fun to. My only issues down there were non-groupies dragging extra named bosses over to us when they run away, and our group not keeping an eye on health bars :)

I've reworked my template.. Tactics is down to 40-50ish (don't know if want to raise it to 55 to jewel to 70) and I dropped spirit speak completely.. I've got 100 anatomy and 82 healing on there now so I'm a bit more group oriented for whatever we decide to do next time! Essentially, once I start pushing more skills over 100, I'll have to drop necro and jewel it up to get into vamp form, but, thats the only reason I'm using necro now heh.

Kinney, I play down there (Doom) on Lucius Ovidius. Don't be a stranger, say hello!

C

Corvak

Going to assume that means they got nerfed, or doom got buffed, or something. Which is :(.

I've heard it's decent for tamers...just like everywhere else....

D

DPudding

I've had good luck with a Chiv Archer, Chiv Swordsman and a necro mage. The archer gets a drop every three turns or so. Slower on the others.