• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom Tutor

T

Tuchman

Looking for someone or a party that travels Doom That can show me the ropes, looking too collect a few Arties, 120 swords dexer/GM parry/GM heal/110 Tatics/110 Ant/80 chiv. Char Name Kev. I'm on and runnign around mornings after 0800 Colorado time.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Doom's not friendly place for a melee character, but it's doable. You need a nice suit of armor (70s, max hci/dci, at least 50% damage increase) and a few particular weapons. Also wouldn't hurt to have 2 fc for chiv spells.

Here's my suggestion: wear a conjurer's trinket and bring three weapons 1) demon slayer, 2) undead slayer, 3) 100% either cold or fire weapon. Make sure you have lots of durability on all of your weapons, as you won't have a chance to repair them.

You'll definitely want some good leech life on all of your swords. Also, before you go, bond a blue beetle. Ride the beetle, filled with aids, etc., into Doom and park it in the safe room. Mount your charger of the fallen (or ethy mount) and have at it.

If you're on Atlantic and you manage to get into Doom, ICQ me. I have a character who lives there and I'd be happy to show you around.

PS If you decide you like Doom, you might consider dropping tactics and anatomy to 100 and raising parry to 120. If you decide you REALLY like it, you might consider 120 Bushido, though this would require further reductions in healing, anatomy, and tactics. Bushido would up your damage output and give you a third method for healing (i.e., confidence).

T

Tuchman

Doom's not friendly place for a melee character, but it's doable. You need a nice suit of armor (70s, max hci/dci, at least 50% damage increase) and a few particular weapons. Also wouldn't hurt to have 2 fc for chiv spells.

Here's my suggestion: wear a conjurer's trinket and bring three weapons 1) demon slayer, 2) undead slayer, 3) 100% either cold or fire weapon. Make sure you have lots of durability on all of your weapons, as you won't have a chance to repair them.

You'll definitely want some good leech life on all of your swords. Also, before you go, bond a blue beetle. Ride the beetle, filled with aids, etc., into Doom and park it in the safe room. Mount your charger of the fallen (or ethy mount) and have at it.

If you're on Atlantic and you manage to get into Doom, ICQ me. I have a character who lives there and I'd be happy to show you around.

PS If you decide you like Doom, you might consider dropping tactics and anatomy to 100 and raising parry to 120. If you decide you REALLY like it, you might consider 120 Bushido, though this would require further reductions in healing, anatomy, and tactics. Bushido would up your damage output and give you a third method for healing (i.e., confidence).
Doom's not friendly place for a melee character, but it's doable.

I do have a few other char's too choose from , but I'm more setup to run with the Dexer, Do have a Peace Tamer with varios Pets ?

T

Tuchman

Doom's not friendly place for a melee character, but it's doable.

I do have a few other char's too choose from , but I'm more setup to run with the Dexer, Do have a Peace Tamer with varios Pets ?
Raising Parry to 120 would not be that hard for me too do if thats what is required to run through Doom

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The thing about playing a dexxer is that you're right in the heat of battle.

A slight majority of your time will be spent fighting Dark Fathers. In addition to doing serious damage, they summon other spawn, including lich lords, rotting corpses, reverents, etc. The reason I suggest more parry - and possibly bush - is that is gives you a higher chance of survival. Now, if you die (which you will, lol), there are usually helpful players around to rez you.

In doom, arties drop based on the amount of damage you do. Dexxers can potentially do a lot of damage. In fact, the sampire is a favorite doom template. My doom arty miner is an archer. Tamers are extremely helpful, as are disco bards. Tamers can tank, disco bards...well, disco. However, these templates won't necessarily deal as much damage as a dexxer or an archer, so I don't recommend them. It's possible to do damage (I know all the doom bards/tamers are going to mug me, lol), but the drops may come more slowly (which is a shame, as these templates are so darn helpful for the rest of us).

If you like playing your dexxer, stick with him. Give doom a try. It's really ot as bad as you might have heard. If you die a lot or its taking more than 4 or 5 runs around the gauntlet to get drops, try making some adjustments.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking for someone or a party that travels Doom That can show me the ropes, looking too collect a few Arties, 120 swords dexer/GM parry/GM heal/110 Tatics/110 Ant/80 chiv. Char Name Kev. I'm on and runnign around mornings after 0800 Colorado time.
I am on Atlantic. I have a dexxer who I do Doom runs with. It's not as hard as people may think or say as far as dexxer's go, but I will say this. You need 120 parry and 120 weapon ( which you have). No if's and's or but's. If you want to excel in Doom, solo every room, you need 120's in both of those areas.

People may suggest other templates and such, but meh...you are fine for the most part. As a dexxer, weapons will be the name of the game. I just can't stress that enough.

Sure template plays a minor part and so does your skill. In fact, your skill AND weapons can set you apart from others. Your template meh, whatever.
As long as you have 120 weapon AND 120 parry, you're golden.

Those things said, 2 dexxer's teaming up...can DESTROY Doom. Make it look like chopped liver, cake, whatever silly analogy you want to come up with.

However, as a dexxer going to Doom I always carry 4 or 5 weapons on me. You should have a slayer of both kind for the major classes there. Undead and Demon. Some might say...not a good idea, but you just need to pay attention. It's not difficult. Only minute worry I will say is Dark Father. Just watch his tactics and blood oath is easily avoided.

I prefer LMC but whichever area you are lower on...HCI or LMC, have the applicable talisman.

Anyways I'm not gonna fill this post with tactics and other weaponry I carry. I only play in the evenings though, so sorry if that doesn't work.