Doom Madness!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
Ahoy and greetings to my fellow pirates, who joined us at Doom yesterday afternoon. 4 people engaging the Dark father! It was insane. Lucius' weapon stroke fast, Aneirin's crossbow shot bolts at the creature, my flamestrikes blistered the Father's skin, and one other matey took care of the accompanied spawn. We hit and ran like devils, the Dark Father always on our heels. It probably took us an hour to kill the Dark Father, but we actually made it! Without the help of Greater Dragons or a large group. Each one of us died at least 20 times.

I didn't know you could have that much fun in Doom.

To be repeated!

Sharkeye Pike

P.S.: After almost one year of bad luck, me, the most unlucky pirates of all, received a Shadow Dancer Leggins the day before yesterday, and a Hunter's Headdress yesterday.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
Huzzah! The title of most unluckiest pirate now goes to Aneirin!

2 years, hundreds of Doom runs, 0 drops of any sort.

I'm sure the second DF (after I recovered from my computer crashing) took much less than an hour, but that was after we got our tactics down. Next time I'm going in my Andrej Pike crafted armor! That'll show 'em!

Oh yeah, and my bow wasn't exactly the best available either. It was simply a demon slayer crossbow with 10% SSI. I could spam lightning strike and recover all the mana between shots! But I'm sure the 200+ damage strikes helped just a little bit.

M

Moonwynd

...wow, So I'm not the only one who has never got a doom artie? Well, that does make me feel a bit better. :)
Nope, your not the only one... for that matter, I've never been to Doom. Seems no one is going to Doom when I am able to go... 2am. :(

C

Corvak

I need to get clubber in there some time.

I think archery might be a bit better than corvak's swords, heh.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
On Canada
Nope, your not the only one... for that matter, I've never been to Doom. Seems no one is going to Doom when I am able to go... 2am. :(
Most people take a character down there and leave them there for a few days....you can log out in the vendor section safely.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
...wow, So I'm not the only one who has never got a doom artie? Well, that does make me feel a bit better. :)
I have never gotten one either. But then again I've never actually been across the river into the section where you can earn arties though. Still, thought maybe that might make you feel a little better.