• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom - forgot about looting - and then ...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I wish I knew what was good. I keep picking up stuff and thinking wow this looks good! And then I show one of my friends and they are all "meh... I wouldn't use it..." lol

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish I knew what was good. I keep picking up stuff and thinking wow this looks good! And then I show one of my friends and they are all "meh... I wouldn't use it..." lol
I know what you mean. Look at all the legendary items for sale in the Trader's Forum, notice what draws the big bids, and try to figure out the pattern.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just tend to look at the piece and see if I would use it in one of my characters.
If I could, it is good. Otherwise, it is unravel.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just tend to look at the piece and see if I would use it in one of my characters.
If I could, it is good. Otherwise, it is unravel.
That doesn't quite work for me, because I don't have any PvP characters and some of that stuff seems to be drawing the highest prices

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wasn't being sarcastic :) I meant it's nice to see chars with low luck getting good stuff once in while. (I'm not so wild about the whole luck thing in the first place)
Luck helps, but the RNG is a very moody and finicky mistress. I reckon she is moodier than I am.
Those two pieces were gotten in Fel, with about 1300 luck, considering the Fel 1000 luck bonus:
buckler.png legs.png
This sweet, sweet bracelet was pried from the cold, dead hand of a Unbound Vortex in Tram, with about 2650 luck, considering perfection bonus:
bracelet.png

That doesn't quite work for me, because I don't have any PvP characters and some of that stuff seems to be drawing the highest prices
I don't PvP either. I value all the pieces I get regarding whether they would be good for PvM or not.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like the ring especially. It's good that we're finally getting loot better than we could make ourselves.
As far as PvP loot, just one example: I have no use for splintering weapons but notice they are in high demand for PvPers.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the ring especially. It's good that we're finally getting loot better than we could make ourselves.
As far as PvP loot, just one example: I have no use for splintering weapons but notice they are in high demand for PvPers.
Yup. Bleed chance & it forces us to walk while it's in effect. I've got a few weaps with 20% Splintering sitting around that I haven't used yet.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, concluding the original post #1 in this this thread - the legendary drop from the rotting corpse with 95 luck - it sold for 25M

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guardian room, 540 luck. Two keepers yesterday:
bracelet 8int 5mi 4mr 1/3 10lmc greater prized
ring sleeves 8si 3sr 20+ each resist major brittle