• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom Archer template Help

• Thread starter †PaRaDoX†
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

†PaRaDoX†

i was wondering if someone could help me with a good max dmg doom archer im too ashamed to post my layout it sucks..... i need major help

A

Arch Magus

check one of Connor's replies in these threads.
there's some nice ABC archer templates in there.

C

Connor_Graham

Here's the template that I use for Doom & Peerless:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Healing
75 Chiv
95 Anatomy
90 Resist

You need mana leech bows with 30 or higher SSI on them. The craftable Demon & Undead slayer bows will work to get you started, along with a fast Hit Dispel bow (for Revenants), but you need to spend a good amount of time looking around for mana leech bows. I use a 30 SSI Demon slayer heavy crossbow that has me capping out my damage against the DF at near 300 points of damage. One tip for any archer, or meleer for that matter, is to have a few invis pots on you at all times. It'll save your butt.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was wondering if someone could help me with a good max dmg doom archer im too ashamed to post my layout it sucks..... i need major help
If you are good at math...pun not intended, all you need is 300 cap in PvM.

So Enemy of One is 50% DI,

100 Tactics is 150% Base damage and then 120 Tactics is 170%.

100 Anatomy is 55% Base damage and then 120 Anatomy is 65%.

Then of course depending on your bow, you should STRIVE for a value no less than the GM 35 DI. More is merrier, but with even having just the base damage you set yourself up for success.

I occasionally go with weapons that dont have any DI on them, but thats when I adjust my template and go with something similar to what Connor has posted. That is basically 300 DI anyways all by itself.

Chance for 20% criticals as well as ability to honor your opponent and get even a greater amount of damage (all things depending) is nice.

Going on what Connor said, you want and...you will need a GOOD dispel bow.
It is so easy to make equip weapon macros, there is no excuse NOT to have one.

Granted it does take some time to aquire good weapons as a newer player. And, even as a veteran due to the rarity of some slayer types, coupled with having GOOD stats on them. But, if you're on Atlantic I can put one together for you free of charge. Just as a good token.

There are many more important things to be dealing with situational wise than a revenant chasing you all over the place. Not to mention, if your tactics aren't the best...the revenant will kill you then.

So, that said, don't bring a frostbringer with you to Doom. There is a reason it's been sold from the time it was introduced. The bow is TOO slow. Even an okay magical shortbow with nothing else on it and 40% dispel along with a little SSI or not...will help you a ton. Even a bow with a fast speed and less percentage dispel is better than frostbringer. You can get off many more attempts in the same amount of time as firing one shot from the Doom dispel bow.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is the use of the conjurer's trinket.

With Undead slayer property on the trinket and undead slayer property on the bow, you're at max damage even before EoO, making it EoO redundant for half of Doom. With Undead slayer on your trinket and demon or elemental slayer on your bow, you do double damage against the DF AND it's minions.

Any kind of elemental slayer bow works against the DF, and a good snow elemental slayer bow for the DF (with ML, SL etc) is pretty easy to find, since they're ONLY good for the DF.

What I have for Doom (equipment that I don't take other places):
Conjurer's Trinket
Hit mana leech crossbow or composite (running shot is great down there) with SSI for the undead and the fleshrenderers.
Hit mana leech elemental (I think it's earth or snow) slayer heavy crossbow for the dark father. It's slow, but hits like a ton of bricks, hence less side-spawn.
A demon slayer bow for the demon types. I haven't found one with mana leech yet.
And my mischief maker (undead slayer, no mana leech) in case I'm in a larger group and want to hit more often or take care of side-spawn.

C

Connor_Graham

Any kind of elemental slayer bow works against the DF, and a good snow elemental slayer bow for the DF (with ML, SL etc) is pretty easy to find, since they're ONLY good for the DF.
the fleshrenderers.

Hit mana leech elemental (I think it's earth or snow) slayer heavy crossbow for the dark father. It's slow, but hits like a ton of bricks, hence less side-spawn.
A demon slayer bow for the demon types. I haven't found one with mana leech yet.
An Elemental slayer only adds 50% DI against the DF, not the 100% that a Demon slayer would. The old Demon/Elemental slayer bows were 150% DI.

You have it right with the trinket though. I hadn't thought about that when I made my post. I use my top end crossbow with the Trinket now, and my old faithful 30SSI Demon slayer heavy crossbow for the DF, which also doubles as an undead slayer for the DF's spawn so I don't need to swap bows except in the case of a Revenant. That's when my 25 SSI 46 Hit Dispel repeating crossbow comes into play.

S

Seismic

Ok I'm slow and trying to add up my DI to see if I'm over the cap:

110 Tactics
100 Anatomy

EoO ... +50% DI
Demon Slayer .. +100% DI

Bracelet .. +23% DI
Stormgrip .. +25% DI
Trinket .. +20% DI

So I'm at +218% DI against the DF, without figuring in Tactics and Anatomy. Am I way over then with even 100 Tactics and Anatomy since I'm already at +218% with items?

Thanks for clearing this up

S

Seismic

Think I answered my own question..

From UOGuide:

Note that these do not count towards the 300% Damage Increase cap (posted in a FoF on uo.com)

So watching my DI from items is really all that is necessary (capped at 100 from items).

C

Connor_Graham

So watching my DI from items is really all that is necessary (capped at 100 from items).
From items, slayers, Perfection, and EoO, yes. They all figure in toward the 300%. You can have up to 100% DI from items (cap on item DI of 100% even if you go over that), 100% from slayer weapons, 50% from EoO, and up to 100% from Bushido's Perfection.