• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

dont you hate it

• Thread starter Anon McDougle
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Anon McDougle

when some one comes and places a castle and wants to sell for 30 mil
and how on earth did a char with young status earn enough to place ?

oh and welcome ori to origin !!!!

C

Crystal Canyon

when some one comes and places a castle and wants to sell for 30 mil
and how on earth did a char with young status earn enough to place ?

oh and welcome ori to origin !!!!
Question is...how did someone WITH a young status even place? I thought it was all changed now so that couldnt happen?

M

Michael Wolf

I believe the change was they removed the timer and set it so Temp accounts cannot place, so age isn't the factor anymore, it's whether or not you actually pay for a month.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a 9-year vet, and I have a few characters scattered around the shards that still have their young status. Theoretically, I could get gold to one of those characters and purchase something if I so desired.

Publish 58, March 19, 2009 affected house placement/ownership age rules with the following changes:

Removed the 15 day character age requirement for house placement
Players are not allowed to place a house while on a trial account
Players are not allowed to co-own or be traded a house while on a trial account

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the change was they removed the timer and set it so Temp accounts cannot place, so age isn't the factor anymore, it's whether or not you actually pay for a month.
Yep. Well, and actually, they don't have to pay. They could be in the free game time of a new acct code. But things like this, while a frustration, will help to keep moving those old codes out of the system.

I haven't idoced here in forever.

A

Anon McDougle

"I haven't idoced here in forever"

not mush left to IDOC the 18 of us left not going anywhere

M

Michael Wolf

"I haven't idoced here in forever"

not mush left to IDOC the 18 of us left not going anywhere
LOL, ain't that the truth...

I have 3 accounts, 1 is simply a housing account, I don't need to try and work that many characters. So every few months I close that account and open a new one with a spare code so I can get buddy codes. I transfer my 3rd house to a young character every time. Nothing out of norm about this, just looks funny to see a young place a castle but the reality is it's probably one of the "18 of us left".

A

Anon McDougle

"but the reality is it's probably one of the "18 of us left"

i get excited every time i go to luna and see new names and guilds but then relize its just us with new names and tags :(

i wish they would give people a reason to come here and stay

C

Crystal Canyon

"but the reality is it's probably one of the "18 of us left"

i get excited every time i go to luna and see new names and guilds but then relize its just us with new names and tags :(

i wish they would give people a reason to come here and stay
I wish they would at least advertise the game so that people know it even exists!

And I was so excited about the new house placing rules, but I guess I didnt read it through well enough. I was under the assumption that the changes were going to fix the problem with people placing houses that are not used or only placed to make them profit. Ive been watching for a certain Tyrants houseS to go, but I guess that is not going to happen then. LOL

Thats a shame too because there are so many of these houses that could be utilized and given to players that actually play the game. It sure would be an incentive for them to stay or for some to come back if they had prime places for housing.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they would let US help them promote the game.

I tried to find a way to "fan" UO on a new facebook acct, and while you can accomplish this for Warhammer, not so much for UO.

Nor can you "fan" stratics in general, much less UO Stratics in particular. SOmeone is missing out.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to place RSS sub from UOHERALD to my page, but I'm only just savvy enough to be a danger to myself and others(webmasters in particular).

A

Anon McDougle

Had a nice visit with Ori this is not his home shard he has bases on many shards. i asked if he thought 30 mil was little high for origin he said no he had sold his last 5 for that much !!

R

Robthemilt

i know someone who couldnt get rid of his for 10. i cant imagine thirty working out.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Depends on if it's Tram or Fel. Fel castles now days 10m is a decent offer, but a lot of players don't want to play in Fel. Me on the other hand, I don't mind, but I don't need another castle.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
think i sold one for 5 one day i was bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fel that is

Depends on if it's Tram or Fel. Fel castles now days 10m is a decent offer, but a lot of players don't want to play in Fel. Me on the other hand, I don't mind, but I don't need another castle.