• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Don't use dragon pets on Crimson Dragon

H

HarryHarry

This message is for tamers. I lost a bonded greater dragon today ... it seems that dragon type pets (including WW) decreases loyalty at a very fast rate when attacking the Crimson Dragon ... your pet will turn grey and when it dies ... you don't get it back.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You just finding out? It was announced that this would be so, 2 weeks before the publish with the crimsons went live.

H

HarryHarry

Yes, I just found out the hard way. And there were others that were using dragons as well. I've tried to do some research on this new Crimson Dragon creature, but that information isn't posted anywhere in any of the previous threads ... not even in Stratic's Hunter's forums.

If you know where I can find more information on this, please post the links. Thanks.

H

HarryHarry

Delbrie, I've checked out those sites. Nowhere is there any information on the Crimson dragon nor the invasion. The closest thing I've found is a thread from Catskills forum about invasion information ... and even that doesn't have anything on this creature.

Talk about the most counter intuitive and frustrating game ever! I've took 2 years off from UO, and returned about 2 months ago and been playing mostly on the weekends. Being that work and other things in real life have kept me busy, I probably missed out on the announcement that Basara have talked about. If so I'd appreciated it if someone could direct me to the site that contains such info.

There's only so much information I could gather from animal lore skill. So this old skeletal dragon coding is very disappointing to the casual player (returning vet) who just wants to play the game for a good challenge and have fun.

Well... if I get more info on the Crimson Dragon, I'll be sure to post it.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm sorry you found out the way you did. I was at the moonglow invasion yesterday and saw someone using a greater dragon. I tried to warn them that it was turning wild when i hear it barking. I went back and found one of the threads about this. You can use it but you really really have to pay attention to it not following commands. My guild TDA put our dragons away and if we aren't using our archers (Mischief maker bows 100% cold) we will either use our rune beetles(good tanks but die alot) or our pups.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=107985&highlight=crimson+dragon

H

HarryHarry

Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I didn't think it would be in UHall ... which I haven't checked.