• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Don't Move Those Cocoa Trees!

E

Eslake

*sigh*

Even more investigation..

They can all be tended Only while actually Inside your backpack, except the Cactus, which acts as a normal plant.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a HUGE bug, as it is, I have over 400 plants locked down, it's going to take forever to unlock them, put them in my pack, tend them, and lock them back down.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's even more: Some plants can be tended while locked down, but once you watered them, you have to unlock them in order to use potions on them. It works the other way round, though.

This is obviously not intended. I didn't consider this to be a serious issue, but then again I didn't believe that someone would lock down 400 plants in his house... :) I guess we have some real passionate gardeners here. For them, this bug really must be a pain in the back.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Er, I'm pretty sure if you unlock the plants that'll mess with the growth timer (making them skip the next check).

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's even more: Some plants can be tended while locked down, but once you watered them, you have to unlock them in order to use potions on them. It works the other way round, though.

This is obviously not intended. I didn't consider this to be a serious issue, but then again I didn't believe that someone would lock down 400 plants in his house... :) I guess we have some real passionate gardeners here. For them, this bug really must be a pain in the back.
Actually, it's across 2 houses. ;)

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but you have to take care of them.
Exactly. I'm just pointing out that since you can't hold 400 plants in your pack, not only do you have to pick them up and put them down in order to treat them - you have to wait twice as long for your plants to mature.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But once they hit the final stage, it's only two days until they can be made decorative, so it isn't that big a deal. The only one it really hits hard is the cocoa trees since they produce resources and seeds.

P

PixelPusher

I guess this fixes the possible Gardening Bot...
Fixes it hell. Just like the change to mining/lumberjacking, it makes bots more needed. Why? Because a bot can be changed and doesn't care how many more clicks it has to do and it can keep track of what it's done and has yet to do WAY better than a human.

When are people going to learn that you can't make anything harder for scripts? All it takes it a rewrite and they are back in business, while everyone else it screwed into making 2x - 10x more clicks!

F

feath

so, dedicate as many char's as needed, sitting on blue bugs as needed, to take care of the amount of plants you're tending. (Bugs work like backpacks. and you can have the plants in bags/pouches, it still works.) If you have too many plants for that, put them in secure container, and they'll freeze until you can get to them.
Not rocket science.
put in a bug report and carry on.

F

Flora Green

This bug could have been found and reported had the devs actually tested the publish. That IS what Origin is for afterall.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This bug could have been found and reported had the devs actually tested the publish. That IS what Origin is for afterall.
Yes but then you had removed the fun from trying to find out what monsters that will give what plants. Origin had got all the fun that way.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do what we do, put em in backpacks in a secure. As long as you touch them once a day, they grow normally. You touch them once a day to tend them anyway so :shrugs:

B

BartofCats

Once again the players become the QUALITY ASSURANCE team.... Why the hell was this even released if we cant treat the plants like plants?? Next we will be seeing "I had a full cocoa tree and because of this bug i lost it because i couldnt lock it down"

Jeremy? Care to weigh in on this?? Why did the QA team not test this?? Lord knows it was DELAYED 2 weeks longer than you said before just so it could get out. So why didnt they test this? and who responsible for this so that we can publicly flog them?

This is just getting rediculous. Heres an idea for you on the dev team... just make it and send it out. Who cares if it gets checked ok??

D

Danse

I watered and tended mine today, and was either NOT paying attention, or I did not see a problem...going to go check them all now...thanks for the heads up folks...

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I replied to this. I havent had any issue with my plants that are locked down - still able to water and potion.

Did you unlock then relock them or? More details please?

D

D'Amavir

Fixes it hell. Just like the change to mining/lumberjacking, it makes bots more needed. Why? Because a bot can be changed and doesn't care how many more clicks it has to do and it can keep track of what it's done and has yet to do WAY better than a human.

When are people going to learn that you can't make anything harder for scripts? All it takes it a rewrite and they are back in business, while everyone else it screwed into making 2x - 10x more clicks!
Yep. Chalk up another instance of EA doing things to encourage people to use scripts. Not that I am surprised at all. EA seems to be going out of their way to run as many people away from you and towards some other game that I won't mention that is coming out soon.

D

D'Amavir

Once again the players become the QUALITY ASSURANCE team.... Why the hell was this even released if we cant treat the plants like plants?? Next we will be seeing "I had a full cocoa tree and because of this bug i lost it because i couldnt lock it down"

Jeremy? Care to weigh in on this?? Why did the QA team not test this?? Lord knows it was DELAYED 2 weeks longer than you said before just so it could get out. So why didnt they test this? and who responsible for this so that we can publicly flog them?

This is just getting rediculous. Heres an idea for you on the dev team... just make it and send it out. Who cares if it gets checked ok??
Why would EA actually test plant tending when they were working on a patch that included a whole bunch of new plants? That's just silly. Its just as silly as expecting them to test....nevermind, I won't bring up that cluster you know what again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At what point does it stop working? Mine are day 5 and they were able to be watered and potioned today.

I use 2D and have my plants secured.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So far my new plants are all on day 5....... I have them locked down on the floor of my home where they have been since I planted them....... I have ZERO Problems watering them or giving potions... (I did set the security setting on all of them to Friend if that makes any difference at all).....

Zero problems so far. We'll see what happens once I reach the actual bloom phase but I don't expect there will be any trouble at all...

R

Rama21

So do you guys all have them locked down or secured? I have all of mine secured and set to co-owner and have had no problems watering and feeding them. When does the problem start? I can't help but notice the two ppl before me also have them secured and have had no problems. You can't put things into or take things out of a box that is locked down, why would you be able to take care of a plant that is locked down?

F

Finch

Er, I'm pretty sure if you unlock the plants that'll mess with the growth timer (making them skip the next check).
That is what I was going to say, you beat me too it. I am pretty certain that it does mess with the count. :-(

S

Starla

I have mine in my backpack and blue beetle and everthing's well. I think it's currently affecting those locked down plants only.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, dedicate as many char's as needed, sitting on blue bugs as needed, to take care of the amount of plants you're tending. (Bugs work like backpacks. and you can have the plants in bags/pouches, it still works.) If you have too many plants for that, put them in secure container, and they'll freeze until you can get to them.
Not rocket science.
put in a bug report and carry on.
Try doing that on Siege where you have ONE character to do all your activities on.

-Skylark

E

Eslake

They don't "break" until age 7 (adult) when they take on the name of the plant they are "A peculiar cat tail" etc.

At that point, you get an error "you are not allowed to access that" when you try to 'open' their gump unless you move the plant to your pack.

You don't have to unlock and re-lock them for it to happen (tho that was my first suspicion since I Began with those I had moved).

It seems to effect all of the new plants but the Cactus.

:( This is a real drag for those of us who planted huge quantities to help identify seed/monster groups. Even if it is only 2 days, manually unlocking each of 200-400 plants to tend them in your bag and put them back... ugh!

I'm glad I don't have any plans for tomorrow.