• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

don't know the first darn thing about it

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but I'm thinking I owe some thanks to the guild on Legends who ranks *first* of all guilds in factions across all shards for the great time I've been having with invasions lately

Guild Faction Kill Points
Phoenix Burning Council of Mages - AOL Legends 3269
PvP Prodigies Council of Mages - Pacific 1453
Reign of Tyranny Minax - Chesapeake 1399
Visiofelicitaphiliacs Shadowlords - Catskills 1252
Kill @n Sight Shadowlords - Napa Valley 1184
Day Walkers Shadowlords - Lake Austin 930
Kiss ga Suki Minax - Asuka 920
The 9 - Minax- Europa 917
Funky Fresh Boyz Minax - Origin 838
Mondain's Arch Demons Minax - Lake Superior 829
WorKed n MerKed! Shadowlords - Pacific 812
X78 Minax - Formosa 800
BROTHERS N ARMS FACTION Shadowlords - AOL Legends 795
Chivalries Kingdom Demesnes Council of Mages - Sakura 782
Legends of the Golden Hero True Britannians - Formosa 771
Oceania's PK's True Britannians - Oceania 744
Providing Vast Mayhem Shadowlords - Baja 727
Crimson Tails Shadowlords - Baja 710
Keepers 0f Chaos Shadowlords - Siege Perilous 688
Gods Of Inferno- Council of Mages - Europa 685

http://town.uo.com/factions/ information about faction participants here

like I said, don't know anything about it, but I do know that I've been reading about the invasion not working properly on other shards and also know that the invasion mechanics are dependent on what happens in the factions, so I'm thinking this band of clearly enthusiastic killers are responsible for a great deal of my fun!

also, in looking at this list (it's very early, only one cup of coffee, so I could be wrong) I see two guilds from Legends, which everyone knows is one of the smaller shards, and the only other shard with two guilds listed is Europa?

so thank you, Phoenix Burning and Brothers n Arms for keeping things hopping here and congrats to Phoenix Burning on making the top of the list! for a "smaller" shard we surely do rock ;)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, thank you.

I have to admit I've been very pleasantly surprised at smoothly the invasions have gone for us since that first hickup. The towns have been invaded regularly and people have been very pleasant in the invasions themselves.

I'm still not 100% clear of the etiquette of helping vs allowing people to solo on generals, but I usually pass by if it's just one-on-one unless someone asks for help. I confused one poor person with a "Nooooo!" who thought I was complaining about him helping me fight a general that was taking forever when what had actually happened is that someone passing by had just killed an corrupted citizen I had accidentally injured with an EV (so I got the "you have slain an innocent" message which I've been deperately trying to avoid).

I just lament that I don't have a bat signal to send up when there's a crimson wandering unchallenged in Yew ... those things really do laugh at me when I poke them.

N

Natalie Black

Wow, nice. NIX appreciates the recognition. Thank you.

A little background on what has been happening with factions with this event. Pixie Dust of NIX spoke with Damia before the events started and offered up a cease fire during the events. I think everyone much preferred to have fun at the events than to spend hours guarding sigs to keep the invasions going. Actually the cease fire didnt include killing opposing factions, though there is an agreement to hold certain sigs in Minax so that the invasions will go. There has been lots of killing, which gives those that do like to kill what they wanted out factions Generally only the thieves of the NIX guilds have been running the sigs. A NIX guild was created for all 4 factions with a thief in each to move the sigs as needed. BNA's involvement as to date has only been to harrass and try to kill the thieves and get points.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Natalie, you and your crew certainly have the appreciation of many, even tho I'm sure some don't realize the contribution you have made to the entire shard.

many thanks, and damn fine job!

:)

B

BardMal

Wow, nice. NIX appreciates the recognition. Thank you.

A little background on what has been happening with factions with this event. Pixie Dust of NIX spoke with Damia before the events started and offered up a cease fire during the events. I think everyone much preferred to have fun at the events than to spend hours guarding sigs to keep the invasions going. Actually the cease fire didnt include killing opposing factions, though there is an agreement to hold certain sigs in Minax so that the invasions will go. There has been lots of killing, which gives those that do like to kill what they wanted out factions Generally only the thieves of the NIX guilds have been running the sigs. A NIX guild was created for all 4 factions with a thief in each to move the sigs as needed. BNA's involvement as to date has only been to harrass and try to kill the thieves and get points.
Wow, thank you.
I helped get Yew to Crimson spawned , then hadda get dinner. I would really like to do more with a Crimson that sink insurance gold like I did on my archer in Minoc. The generals are fun, thank you to the Factions folks for sharing this with us trammies.

N

Natalie Black

As I said "GENERALLY". If anyone else is I dont know all of them. Feel free to add your contributions.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
though there is an agreement to hold certain sigs in Minax so that the invasions will go
you do realise that this isnt required?
the dev's openlly stated that they would be pulling town sigs at random and inta corupting them to SL so the invasion will go on. so the entire tram story line could not be side tracked by the fel faction people.
or totally locked up by the fel faction people.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
soloing a General is kinda silly.... and kinda greedy too.

considering the top 3 attackers ALL get the special rewards just allowing one fella to do it is pretty greedy.

not only does it clog up the spawn with just one fella doing one general, it also makes the respawn of more generals take longer.

just something i noticed.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you do realise that this isnt required?
the dev's openlly stated that they would be pulling town sigs at random and inta corupting them to SL so the invasion will go on. so the entire tram story line could not be side tracked by the fel faction people.
or totally locked up by the fel faction people.
our faction players must be doing something to help this along, Poo... all of our invasions have gone very smoothly, and really, we get one town done and it's pretty much on to the next, every day :) and I don't think the devs spend any more time on Legends than they do anywhere else, so whatever is going on, it appears, to me, anyway, that the crew that Legends has in Felucca is doing something right

matter of fact, about the only thing I've seen during this whole invasion that struck me as wrong was Tomas O'Neerlan fighting a corporal.... aren't yellows supposed to be above that sort of nonsense?