• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DOES THIS LAG HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE?

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I'm Dial-up. I'm used to lag. I've even come to enjoy it, because its made me a great PvPer, when I'm on a good connection. But this ANIMAL FORM lag is driving me NUTS! Everytime someone uses animal form and turns to human, I LAG OUT. If I do it, I LAG OUT, but not as bad. If I kill an elite ninja in animal form, well, you guessed it, I LAG OUT. It never used to be this bad, I always had like 2 second lag, but I'm getting at a minimum 6-8 lag spikes whenever someone goes out of it. Is this an issue with anyone else.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I can confirm this there is a bug with Animal Form that somehow lags you, I have tried this on multiple computers and with fresh installs of the game each time. I sent in a bug report about a week ago.

It happens whenever a char exits Animal Form and returns to human, be it yourself, another player or an NPC (however it the char is not visible to your client, ie stealthing, you will not be effected unless it is your own Avatar). This is not internet lag, the (2D) client freezes.

G

It's horribly bad isnt it? It's funny to watch in KR, cos when a person changes in or out of animal form, it looks like they're standing in one spot, running without moving =P

I

imported_raider red

I also lag coming out of animal form,but I always thought it was due to my bad computer because whenever I am around someone who uses chivalry spells I lag due to the low amount of ram I have.But I guess this lagging when coming out of animal form is a bug nd not an issue with my old computer.