• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does the SA client allow you to battle the Dark Knight?

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What it says on the box. If a new character is created via the new Stygian Abyss client, can he/she go fight the Dark Knight and get the rewards?

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you start that quest? I just downloaded SA and wouldn't mind seeing what its all about.

O

Old Man of UO

OH... that reminds me, can you get the Tutor statue with SA, like you can with KR?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the statue is one of the random rewards, so if the quest works then...

Anyway, if it is in the SA client right now, to start it all you should need to do is make a new character using the client and one of the preset templates.. maybe with randomly chosen skills too, but I can't quite remember. Just remember to be careful with the rune and only cast on it in a way where there's little to no chance of failure... I don't think they ever fixed the bug where if you fail on casting recall on the rune it locks up and never resets properly.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that the game has misled me.

A character that I made in SA fought the Dark Knight last week and received the Ring of the Servant. Don't even remember what it does know....heal you, perhaps? (At least until it's uses are all gone.) I believe she recalled off the rune while it was in her bankbox. When she was finished with the little adventure, there was a message saying she could try again in three days.

Well, trying it now, whether the rune is in the bankbox or in her backpack just gives a message that you cannot recall there right now. One-time use only rune? Borked rune? Misleading system message? Who knows.

I was looking forward to trying again several times to see if it is possible to eventually get the skill tutor instead of a piece of junk.

A

Ash

It seems that the game has misled me.

A character that I made in SA fought the Dark Knight last week and received the Ring of the Servant. Don't even remember what it does know....heal you, perhaps? (At least until it's uses are all gone.) I believe she recalled off the rune while it was in her bankbox. When she was finished with the little adventure, there was a message saying she could try again in three days.

Well, trying it now, whether the rune is in the bankbox or in her backpack just gives a message that you cannot recall there right now. One-time use only rune? Borked rune? Misleading system message? Who knows.

I was looking forward to trying again several times to see if it is possible to eventually get the skill tutor instead of a piece of junk.
1st even if manage to get to the Dark Knight again, can only get 1 reward item per character. You are supposed to be able to still go back just for the heck of it though.

2nd 'The Darkness' rune can get bugged if ever fizzle when trying to target it. I know the bug has existed in KR forever don't know if it is fixed by client or if it is a server fix, but as far as I know still exists.

Z

Zodia

It just boggles my mind that this Rune bug is still there so long after it has been reported. I could not think of a better way to P!SS off and alienate new players than to have a SHOW-STOPPING bug in THE NEW PLAYER QUEST.

You fizzle and the Rune becomes useless? Are you kidding me? Please, fix this now! Get someone on it. These are the sort of things that should never be allowed to fester for months.

E

Eman Resu

You fizzle and the Rune becomes useless? Are you kidding me? Please, fix this now! Get someone on it. These are the sort of things that should never be allowed to fester for YEARS.
Fixed it for you.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The battle can be done on the test shard. Since most of the rewards are rubbish, I'd recommend trailing the battle there before doing it on a production shard. You can stomp him pretty good with a basic set of artis and some decent skill levels.

The Ring of the Servant does heal you, but it uses the same formula as the actual healing spell to determine how much. That is to say, if you don't have Magery, it does jack squat.