• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does size matter?

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
About Traders Quest.

We know that distance doesn't count towards the chance for getting a rare reward, as long as you don't use moongates.

We also know, that killing ambush spawn only effects the amount of gold donated to city treasury and the amount of resources rewarded.

We also know, that not killing ambush spawn doesn't effect the chance for getting a rare reward.

But...

Does the size of the order (1-5 x 5 to 1-5 x 20) count towards anything?
I assume that a 5x15 order would give you a better chance for getting a rare reward than a 5x5, am I right?

Does the type of container make any difference?

And now a plea:

As the number of different goods (1-5) only effects the amount of gold donated to city treasury and the amount of resources rewarded, why not make it random whether you get an 1 item order or a 5 item order, please?!?

Oh, and why the harsh penalty for dying? I think it would be more fair to lose 50% of the goods rather than, as it is now, losing the order itself, leaving you with a pile of useless junk, in your backpack.

Last edited:

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
So close...

20X4plus5.jpg

Was ambushed 3 times, killed all spawn. Reward: 132 agapite ingots.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've run a couple 5x20 orders, all resulting in pinks (though most orders I do result in pinks it seems). I think reward distribution is random, or at least as "random" as UO's rng ever gets.