• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does pet skill improvement increase the taming requirement

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Pets learn new skills and train them up, does the taming requirement increase for them as well? This is in regards to pets undergoing the new training methods.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doh, so all these skills like parry, med, focus, and detect could shoot my pets out of my control? Devs, any chance you could add a second taming requirement number to show what would be required for a fully trained pet?

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well not the skills as such but the increase in control slot requirement increases the taming requirement as well. Weirdly enough my 4 slot nightmare took 3-4 points more taming than my greater dragon ^^

Turbo

Adventurer
aim for at least 110 taming/lore and you should be able to control anything just fine. Its not hard to get since you can get an easy 30 of each from rings/bracelet

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aim for at least 110 taming/lore and you should be able to control anything just fine. Its not hard to get since you can get an easy 30 of each from rings/bracelet
I'm not shooting for a top notch tamer. I'm taking weaker pets and bumping them up to 2 control slots to control them with a lower taming and lore.

Turbo

Adventurer
Well when you customise them taming requirement goes up and it says it in the lore gump so i guess what it says in there is your skill target for control or it would be close to it depending what control % chance you want. I havent checked but i doubt training up wrestling etc affects this number, just base stats and resists but i could be wrong.