• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does luck affect quest rewards?

• Thread starter Furiousg3orge
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

Furiousg3orge

No not ToTs I'm talking about the quest rewards from heartwood quests like the rings, bows, and bracelets they give as completed querst rewards

O

Old Man of UO

No not ToTs I'm talking about the quest rewards from heartwood quests like the rings, bows, and bracelets they give as completed querst rewards
OH, I'm sorry... I misunderstood your questions. This was also discussed, but it has been a long time ago.

This is based on my observations:

The short answer is, yes. It does help, but indirectly. Increased luck will not raise the chance to get the heartwood rewards, but it does increase the intensity of the items that drop (talis and jewelry mods for example) AND it will increase the odds of getting 2 or 3 items, instead of 1 or 2 items in each bag. Because of that increased number of items, it increases the chance that one of those items is a quest reward, albeit not a huge chance increase. Still, because of the better item mods, it is well worth wearing high luck for quests.

By the way, for longer quests you do not need to wear the luck except when redeeming the reward. For example, getting the Minax Orders from the Citadel and then turning it in, you only need the high luck when turning the deed in.

R

Ruby of Pacific

OH, I'm sorry... I misunderstood your questions. This was also discussed, but it has been a long time ago.

This is based on my observations:

The short answer is, yes. It does help, but indirectly. Increased luck will not raise the chance to get the heartwood rewards, but it does increase the intensity of the items that drop (talis and jewelry mods for example) AND it will increase the odds of getting 2 or 3 items, instead of 1 or 2 items in each bag. Because of that increased number of items, it increases the chance that one of those items is a quest reward, albeit not a huge chance increase. Still, because of the better item mods, it is well worth wearing high luck for quests.

By the way, for longer quests you do not need to wear the luck except when redeeming the reward. For example, getting the Minax Orders from the Citadel and then turning it in, you only need the high luck when turning the deed in.
Funny, I could swear on it; that we've been told time and time again that luck only affects what we loot from kills; specifically that it sometimes makes extra items spawn, and/or extra properties on the items, and/or boosts up the intensities of item properties ... found on the corpses of a kill, and nowhere else.

Outside that, I thought, lies only false rumor and random number generator flukes.