Does LA have a blacksmith/crafter guild?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado
Hi everyone. I started playing UO again after a long absence and am working on a blacksmith character. Does Lake Austin have any active guilds or friendly groups that embrace newbie crafters? I'm terrible at and not too interested in PvP activities, in case that helps with your recommendations.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Baron Harkonnen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 23, 2009
Chicago Suburbs
Hi gortman, it seems there are several of us returning vets, that would like to find an active Guild. I too, have several multi-GM crafters, that would benefit from a Guild that is Craft friendly. Being gone 4+ years, I am totally lost. Imbueing ..... what the ?@%^*#! is that??

I have done some research on the larger Guilds on LA. A couple have websites, look like they haven't been visited for about a year or so. The Guild thread on this message board is unused. The last thread was from over 2 years ago.

If I do find a Guild to join, I will let you know. Do the same for me.

Good luck
Baron Harkonnen

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 17, 2006
there are a number of guilds on LA such as KOL, MHC, HH, BF, UMP and more. I do not know of just a crafter specific guild, but I will say if you need any help most of the members of the guilds listed above will be willing to assist you.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado
there are a number of guilds on LA such as KOL, MHC, HH, BF, UMP and more. I do not know of just a crafter specific guild, but I will say if you need any help most of the members of the guilds listed above will be willing to assist you.
That sounds good. What is the best way to contact members of those guilds?

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 17, 2006
Just look for their guild tags in game. Luna Bank usually the best spot.

S

Sampsom GSM

I can help you out. Look for Char named Sampson. I will PM you when I am online next.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2008
I am a member of both KGB and UMP guilds - both have mature players, do crafting and PvM hunting. If you are interested in joining either of them feel free to PM me and we can talk.

Garion_UMP

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 22, 2004
I don't know that there are any pure crafting guilds unless LCL still does stuff. As mentioned before, there are a lot of pvm guilds that have active crafters in them. I myself tend to craft quite a bit and do a lot of bods as well. If you need help with something or need to trade bods, just let me know. Always happy to help.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 30, 2007
I don't know that there are any pure crafting guilds unless LCL still does stuff. As mentioned before, there are a lot of pvm guilds that have active crafters in them. I myself tend to craft quite a bit and do a lot of bods as well. If you need help with something or need to trade bods, just let me know. Always happy to help.
I have a crafter in LCL, which is a crafter only guild. There are generally people on to chat but with the guild so established, there is often little chatter -- ppl just going about their business. However, everyone has always been willing to provide info to a new crafter.