• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does it matter?

B

BardMal

I've never really "played a scribe" before. I built inscription and put it on a stone, cause I don't really "understand" it.

Recently, I made a new GM mage:
magery
med
eval
resist

torn between finishing with wrestling (50) or poisoning (50 w/GM on a stone)

but that's not my actual question. I cashed out my vendors from years of selling lrc suits for cheap and bought a crystalline ring.

Does it matter that my "120 magery" is GM with the 20 from the ring when it comes to making books?

I have made in the area of 200 books; 6-8% failures, 35-40% non attribute "exceptional" books; 2 slayers (snake & blood) and maybe 12-15% "double attribute" books.

Are these statistically where I should expect?

I ask because I made about 2o books before I put the ring on and those books seem no worse, and the single "best" book was without the ring.

T

Tazar

I have never seen a statement to quote, but from my own experience, it seems that it only uses your real magery skill - and not the item-enhanced skill points when scribing spellbooks, etc.

B

BardMal

So I wasted 10 mil with the intent of putting +20 real into eval on this template, when it come to making books.

I am wearing an "old school" (from the early quests) tally that boosts inscription w/20% exc. and 25%. Is that just a waste too you think?

I think sometimes some things just slip through the cracks sometimes.

C

Connor_Graham

It uses shown Magery skill, including any items. After making hundreds of spellbooks I can testify to the increase in the number of 3 mod books before and after using my own Crystalline ring. There's also an urban legend that if you overcap your Magery, using the Alchemy talisman, +15 spellbooks, and a +15 brace along with the Crystalline ring, there's a better chance of getting the 3 mod books.

I do know that the very first Scrappers I made with my mage after getting both the recipe and the Crystalline ring was a 2 mod Undead Slayer, so it certainly worked in that case.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BardMal,

Did you eat a 120 Magery scroll too? If not, you will never be utilizing the +20 magery on crystalline ring (on your GM mage).

It might work for overcapping as Connor mentioned. I have heard the rumor but can't substaniate it.

Q