• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does HLL work together with vamp form?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run my sampire in vamp form for the life leech. I also have some weapons with HLL on them.

My question is does the life leech on the weapon work as an extra to being in vamp form? (i.e. I can leech back more life than just being in vamp form)

Would I be better off just dropping the HLL from my weapons and adding a different mod like HLA or something?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I don't see why HLL wouldn't stack, but I've never tried. Should be easy to figure out... get yourself down by 50 or so HP, hit something for 100ish damage. If you leech 20 +/- hp, then either you rolled very low on the HLL property, or doesn't stack. If you leech off like 35+ hp, then it stacks. Try it a few times.

That being said, I don't find myself needing extra HLL. My problem is always when I chain a bunch of misses in a row / over a short time, or when things land combo's that somehow include me getting paralysed. If I'm hitting 95% of the time, doing my typical damage output (when I have slayer) of 153-201 not much can keep up with that leeching.

Which leads to my next suggestion: HLA is probably more useful to a sampire than extra HLL on a weapon. Especially since if you are really in a bind, you could use curse weapon to get a pegged 50% leech. Not sure if that stacks, but getting 70% life leech would make me hard to kill. Heck, I might even HOPE things cast blood oath in that case.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, it works together. It also works with curse weapon.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Definatly stacks... hll curse weap with protection eliminates the need for vamp form. (Curse weap does it on its own but nice to have hll in case you space out.) With CW, HLL, and vamp you leech almosr 100% life.

I'm working on a tank character so i can tank and have beetle/mare combo dps'n so ive just recently verified that.