• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does high magery/necromancer have any benefit aside from casting success?

G

GNecromancer

Between 100 and 120 magery or necromancy, is there any benefit other than the success rate of casting spells?

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

I think Magery also affects how much you heal too & the success of poison (offset against the targets resist spells).

Other than that no, Magery is the success chance Eval is the damage. Necro is the success chance, SS is the damage. Similar to weapons really Swords is your hit/defend, tactics is your damage.

I

imported_Mister E.

120 necro vs 110 will equal one tile extra to withers. it will also add to the duration of certain spells.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think Magery also affects how much you heal too &amp; the success of poison (offset against the targets resist spells).

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

magery i think kicks in for when inscribing spell books also on return of decent book!

[/ QUOTE ]

Magery is also Used to determine the damage Mindblast does.

G

Magery also determines how long your summons and fields last.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes...

Magery and eval at numbers over 100 both add to the chance of more/better properties on crafted Magery spellbooks. It is best for a scribe that intends to make books to have 120 in both (especially if one is going to craft Scrapper's Compendiums)

I

imported_xStrikerx

<blockquote><hr>

Yes...

Magery and eval at numbers over 100 both add to the chance of more/better properties on crafted Magery spellbooks. It is best for a scribe that intends to make books to have 120 in both (especially if one is going to craft Scrapper's Compendiums)

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when does eval have an effect on properties when crafting spellbooks?

G

"Since when does eval have an effect on properties when crafting spellbooks?"

It doesn't. Only Magery affects the properties on crafted Spellbooks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I seem to remember quite the contrary being stated when they were introduced.

Otherwise I'd never have brought it up...