• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does fast cast work anymore?

T

Trebr Drab

I'm comparing casting spells with a total of fast cast 3 on, against none. Using the target curser and timing it with the animation, I can't see a difference. Doing this in my house with no spawn around, no lag.

T

Trebr Drab

I don't have a date tonight, no.

Oh! No, I turned that off.

T

Trebr Drab

I don't know, there might be a slight difference. Certainly doesn't seem worth it though if there is.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's extremely worth it in a PvP situation though.

S

Smokin

I'm comparing casting spells with a total of fast cast 3 on, against none. Using the target curser and timing it with the animation, I can't see a difference. Doing this in my house with no spawn around, no lag.
I have been kind of thinking the same thing, it just seems to not be as fast as it use too. But it could be that the new monsters seem to cast more and they are not as dumb.

T

Trebr Drab

Ping is fine, I did it in my house so I could time it easily. So monsters didn't affect it any either.

I much prefer it this way, I like small bonuses because it makes for much better balance between templates and also makes player decisions more the focus rather than game mechanics for success. If only all things were this way in UO.

Right now, since I will not build uber templates just because the game tells me I have to, since I resent unbalanced uberness in my games, I am having a lot of trouble finding a success with my choices. I hope that will be fixed at some point in the near future, because new players will only leave when they constantly find out the same thing. It's not good for UO to have 2 or 3 set templates that dominate. It also removes a lot of fun potential. A big thing to me is that there could be lots of crossover in templates for a very, very wide variety of options and fun. But not with the big end bonuses we have today.

Sorry to start ranting, I was in a flow.