• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does EOO exceed the DI cap?

Hexipox

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello fellow warriors, sampires and paladins!

I’ve got a few questions about melee combat in UO, more precisely “how does damage increase work?” Reason for my question is to make the perfect build for me, trying to aim for the best damage and not waste skill point in the process. Yet have a good mixture of damage and defence.

From reading forums here and related website I gathered the following:
You are able to increase your damage by 300%

So to explain my question I will make a calculation. If I have the following stats:

Items and spells = 100% damage increase
120 Tactics = 81,25% damage increase
120 Anatomy = 65% damage increase
150 Str = 50% damage increase

Total: 296,25%

With this I am 3,75% from the cap. So basically I am MAXED out.

So here are the questions:

1. If I now cast Enemy of One, having 100 chivalry it adds 62% damage, will that EXCEED the 300% cap and put me at 358,25%?

2. Basically I am trying to identify which spells / buffs etc. that EXCEED the 300% cap

3. Does the bard buff inspire exceed the 300% cap too?

What bumps me out is this sentence from UOGuide.com
Total Damage Increase is capped at 300% ( all the above + abilities, spells, buffs )

That basicly says, well to me, that any spells casted, any items equipped, anything beside slayer weapons is restricted by the 300% cap.. but is EEO really restricted by this? Does it not exceed the cap?

Reason for me asking this is simple, if I have the above stats and achieve 296,25% damage, and EOO does not exceed the 300% cap and is calculated into the 300% equation, then I can drop damage increasing skills lower (tacs/anatomy)

I hope some of you have an answer, or some clarification for me. The basic I need to know is just “do EEO exceed the 300% cap from items, skills, spells”

Thanks in advanced, I will appreciate your time helping me!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The short answer is "no - EoO does not exceed the 300% cap". That is largely because EoO does not factor into that cap, at all. In your scenario above, if you're using a normal weapon though, you'll do a lot more damage...

There are two things at play here, the Damage Increase, and Damage Modifier. Your calculation above properly figures out DI. This will be reflected in the status window showing your damage range.

Damage Modifier then takes this number, and increases it by X%. Things that affect this number are Slayer Weapons, quivers(but only for archery weapons), EoO, Consecrate Weapon, Bushido's perfection, and maybe something else that excapes me.

DM can have a 300% increase as well.
A specific slayer gives you 300% right away - no need for EoO/Perfection.
A super slayer gives you 200%, so then using EoO does give you a bonus, as would getting a little bit of Perfection bonus.
No slayer - EoO + Bushido both needed to get max damage in this situation.

Hexipox

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks so much.

I was not aware of a Damage Modifier - That helps me SOOO Much.

So if I have the above stats on my archer, and a bow of dragon slaying. Then Bushido and Chivalry (for the purpose of adding damage) becomes more or less useless for me, as the only damage increase I need is 3.75% .. The only spell I need is Consecrate Weapon, but that can also be fixed by making the right damage on the bow.

Btw one other thing, when I use undead slayer, it helps to add EoO, I thought undead slayer was a lesser, there is no lich slayer, wraith slayer, zombie slayer etc?

So EoO actually only help if you use Super Slayer: Elemental slayer, Reptile slayer so foth..?

Again thanks soooo much!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Well... yes and no. Bushido can still have a use by landing a "Critical hit" from a lightning strike, or from using the armor pierce bushido based special move I think.

On the subject of that last 3.75% - the only way to get this last few % is if you use axes, and take advantage of the LJ bonus.

Undead Slayer is a super slayer, since it fits all undead monsters. You can get the effect by doubling up your slayers, I think, by using Undead Slayer weapon, and Undead Slayer slayer talisman.

EoO helps when you fight something that has no slayer, too. Masters, Niera, few other things, but most things have a slayer.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So if I have the above stats on my archer, and a bow of dragon slaying. Then Bushido and Chivalry (for the purpose of adding damage) becomes more or less useless for me, as the only damage increase I need is 3.75% .. The only spell I need is Consecrate Weapon, but that can also be fixed by making the right damage on the bow.

Btw one other thing, when I use undead slayer, it helps to add EoO, I thought undead slayer was a lesser, there is no lich slayer, wraith slayer, zombie slayer etc?

So EoO actually only help if you use Super Slayer: Elemental slayer, Reptile slayer so foth..?
1. No. There is no 300% DI cap so you need as much as possible DI - not only 3.75%
2. No. You needn't Consecrate Weapon if you use Armor Ignore. And if you don't use Armor Ignore you need something like Double Strike to increase your damage.
3. Undead slayer is a super slayer but you can combine two undead slayers...
4. No. EoO is also very useful when you don't use any slayer.