• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does EA provide human support?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried calling EA about an incident in game. it most certainly required on the phone support however, calling the toll free number provided only the machine answering with no clear means of getting an operator.

Do they provide human support or do i have to call EA headquarters to just yell and stamp my feet until i get some actual customer support?

Z

Zofinur

I tried calling EA about an incident in game. it most certainly required on the phone support however, calling the toll free number provided only the machine answering with no clear means of getting an operator.
Nice to hear its toll free to US-players.
As european i had to pay for it.

Anyways here´s the way to get speak to an agent; hope i remember it right.

1. pogo-related? Answer "no"
  2. Wait till u hear "my account" then say "my account". Should be the 3rd option if i am right
  3. It will ask "Are u sure", i said "yes"
  4. then i said "agent"
  5. The final stept cannot be handled by saying anything, u will be forced to press 1 or 2 on ur phone. press 2 to choose "not ea-sports"

But be warned. Though he was friendly and tried to be helpfull 'my' agent told he wont/cant discuss the ban on the phone.
I have to fill out the termination-form....

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Do they provide human support or do i have to call EA headquarters to just yell and stamp my feet until i get some actual customer support?
I would recommend patience, though I often ignore my own advice.

I use fairly complicated alpha-numeric names for my accounts and last time I called support, I spent about 15minutes trying to get the (english as second language) support person to understand what I was saying. Even trying to spell the account name didn't work that well.

I'm not knocking folks that take the time to learn a second language, but when a company puts these folks in a situation where they are supposed to be providing technical support for complicated issues... that doesn't work that well.

I try to do everything by email or through the website support system now. It might take a little more time to get a reply, but you have a record of the issue and it's easier then trying to explain something over the phone.

Safe Travels, Sam

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It wasn't a ban it's just an email for a warning that didn't make sense. I think someone jumped the gun due to the early hours of the supposed 'incident.' I just need to know the warning was a mistake and can be removed because otherwise I have a very clean record in UO that I'd like to stay this way.

L

love2winalot

Stop insulting those nice people in India, they are as HUMAN as you or I.:danceb: hehehe

Y

Yalp

Hmm.. no human support from EA. When you do get a GM they don't understand the issue or give you a canned response. The company S**ts all over their customers. Hmm... handwriting on the proverbial wall anyone? At least this is a great real world business example for students in HOW NOT to have a successful company 101.

Yalpers!

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop insulting those nice people in India, they are as HUMAN as you or I.:danceb: hehehe
It'd help if they knew something about the game too. :thumbsup: Last time I called I spoke with a polite person as well but they knew diddly nothing, zip, zero, nada about U.O. He said, "U.O.?" I knew I was in for a stint at that utterance...

http://www.rightnow.com/ea/ supposedly they use this particular company.