• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone use a mailbox?

T

Teeshy

I woulda done, if they had not been quite so ugly =P Actually, I dunno if they're even that ugly, just really didn't fit in with my house.

I think the idea of them is great though

F

Fink

They're too large and an ugly design, so.. aesthetically I'm not thrilled with them. They don't seem to get used regularly, either, so I'm pondering tearing mine down.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have used mine a number of times and used it to transfer goods to me and from me to others.

For ppl dropping off stuff to me that I will pay for I have asked them to incude the item and a rune back to their mailbox (in a bag) so I can deliver 'payment' to them. Works well assuming the person dropping off stuff can trust the person to pay later etc.

I have also had people request items to be stocked on my vendors or had ppl offer prices for items on my vendors, via ppl leaving a book in my box, where upon consideration have either stocked the item, leaving a msg on my noticeboard to that effect or altered the price on an item to the 'offer' made in the mail.

I have found them coming in very handy. You never know, if you have a mailbox you may find you may get a surprize one day. I know when I go those people with active mailboxes may get more in the mail than they would dream about.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually I have made up my mind to leave, now it is just a matter of figuring out 'how'. I pretty much have til June to pack up but the task is daunting given how much stuff I have. Some days I think just unsubscribe 5 accounts and walk away and let it all drop but then I think I should pack it up etc.

Even so I am still gonna have tons of stuff that won't 'fit' anywhere, the last week or so all I have been doing is taming giant beetles for all my chars (35 in total) so that if I decide to pack I will have more room. I figure I have enough 'space' for around 395 items per char so 13,825 lockdowns. I probly have 20,000 or more, although 5k of that are probly items that can be unravelled, recycled, clipped or tossed.

Either way there will be a few thousand items with no home.

The other problem I have is what to do with my 'property'. Two Luna houses max lockdowns, 2 Tram castles and 1 Fel castle. One of the Tram ones is a mirror to the Fel one and is probly the 'best' castle location on the shard, 0 spawn and water on three sides, forest behind. I really want these to go to 'active' players, however they seem to be scarce these days. My friends all have luna properties so doubt they will have room to take the extras and I seriously do NOT want them going to offsharders as basically I consider property owners from offshard have pretty much ruined a lot of our shard, people hogging prime locations and doing zip with them. I don't see the point in 'paying' every 3 mths or so just to 'hold' property like a lot of others seem to do, half the Luna shops are owned by people who have not been active in well over 2 yrs or so, I don't want to do that.

I have been trying to think of a creative way to 'exit' that may be actually 'fun' but as yet only have a few ideas floating around my head, the main problem is deciding if there is enough people left to 'attend' anything if I did go to the hassle of it.

Anyways is all stuff I am thinking about, but I have decided to leave. So I guess that was the biggest hurdle, finally making that decision.

T

Teeshy

I just packed up the day before yesterday =) I tried my best to store all my stuff on the two account full of characters - just in case =)

Dumped a craptonne of plants and stuff at the bank, so hopefully people enjoyed them =)

But yeah, making the decision, once that was done, it was all a lot easier to do, I'd been humming and hawing for a few months.

I know how hard it was to sort through two max storage houses - so I don't envy you that task at all MissE!

F

Fink

I took a year off for study and missed SE, but I intended returning so I went through all that packing/unpacking nonsense. It proved to be such a hassle that I didn't bother the next time I took a break, I just left the accounts paid up.

I don't play much as is, really, too much else going on. :stir:

F

Fink

You know those chainmail letters? They work!

I've been leaving "chainmail" in people's letterboxes and I got 1,000,000gp back! Plus another chainmail, which I'll forward again! Good health and fortune are assured!

Thanks, E! :thumbup:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes well sad to say I AM fully serious about leaving. I have hardly played for the past 2-3 yrs, and when I have it has been pretty much solo and just 'maintaining' my vendors. The only reason I have hung this long is as I 'stuck' waiting for my bank which took 7 mths and while waiting for that got then invited to SA focus group, then closed beta and decided to hang around until the expansion to see if more ppl came and to write an SA user guide on my site seeing as how I was in beta and could have it 'live' to assist ppl the day SA went public.

But given all that I am just not playing enough to justify spending $60 bucks a month on it (5 accounts) and don't see myself playing any more than that in the future. I think allowing myself close to 3 yrs since the bust up of Fox etc is reasonable amount of time to not make that a factor in my leaving. If I could of got that house plot in front of the one I just built (NE Luna) maybe I may of stayed longer, but the 'off sharder' who has it wouldn't take another max luna spot (my existing shop) plus the 200 mil I offered for it, lmao said he wanted $5000 usd. So 'meh' I am done, and have no interest in developing any more chars or getting more 'stuff' or 'money'. Events was the only thing that may of kept me interested but I seriously wanted that plot to really make a difference to make something exceptional. I didn't want just to repeat Fox etc. I did 'build' Tarks old place, although it is still private, to see if I could accommodate the stuff I wanted to do, however with that 'eyesore' smack in front of it the atmosphere I would have wanted was impossible. Four tiers of ice white with a border was just too hideous to look at day in day out.

So anyways, I will be leaving by June at the latest so I suggest any of you with houses get a mailbox up, both in and out of luna. I will be posting closer to the actual 'close' time and requesting ppl dump me runes etc to facilitate me offloading. I reckon I am worth well over a billion in cash and items and as they say, you can't take it with you. While I may pack a lot of stuff I won't be packing all and will be giving away a heap of things both useful and valuable.

T

Teeshy

US$5000? IS he crazy? On Oceania? LOL!

Damned shame you couldn't have gotten it MissE, I for one woulda liked to see what you did (assuming it was done before my account was out of gametime =))

*hugs* Don't envy you the job of cleaning up =)

A

Artemyth

Mailboxes are a fun idea, I think. I guess they have to be big and bulky so people know you have one! It'd be nice if they had another design or something for them, though.