Does anyone know why this calm has 87% mana leech instead of 100%

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 8, 2008
nc
Hi there:

My son got a Calm today that is 87% mana leech instead of 100%. I've only seen them with 100%. Does anyone know why this one would be different?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

They made a change with how swing speed and Leeches work:

Here's the blurb about the Soul Seeker, but applies as well to Calm:

Originally, the Soul Seeker had 40% Hit Stamina Leech, 40% Hit Mana Leech and 40% Hit Life Leech (the actual intensities, equivalent to 80% from a runic hammer), but when the changes came that altered how Hit Mana Leech and Hit Life Leech worked, its displayed values were dropped to 30%, from its high Swing Speed Increase. The net result was less amount given to the user over time, of those two attributes, but that every hit would give some hit points and mana back. While some consider it to be a Nerf, the change enhanced its usefulness in other ways, as it meant that when using Whirlwind Attack in large groups of creatures, it would be rare that the wielder would be killed by his attackers, and one would be certain to have mana to immediately use another whirlwind. In the prior form of the Leech properties, one had to hope that the 40% chances triggered often enough to keep one alive and supplied with mana.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 16, 2006

They made a change with how swing speed and Leeches work:

Here's the blurb about the Soul Seeker, but applies as well to Calm:

Originally, the Soul Seeker had 40% Hit Stamina Leech, 40% Hit Mana Leech and 40% Hit Life Leech (the actual intensities, equivalent to 80% from a runic hammer), but when the changes came that altered how Hit Mana Leech and Hit Life Leech worked, its displayed values were dropped to 30%, from its high Swing Speed Increase. The net result was less amount given to the user over time, of those two attributes, but that every hit would give some hit points and mana back. While some consider it to be a Nerf, the change enhanced its usefulness in other ways, as it meant that when using Whirlwind Attack in large groups of creatures, it would be rare that the wielder would be killed by his attackers, and one would be certain to have mana to immediately use another whirlwind. In the prior form of the Leech properties, one had to hope that the 40% chances triggered often enough to keep one alive and supplied with mana.
Two things... 1 Calm is a halberd with 20% ssI shouldn't lower it's 100% as the scythe has the exact same mods, higher base swing, and retains it's 100%. 1 the old leeches gave you a higher % chance of the mod going off and giving you mana/life = to how much damage you did. the way ml/ll works now is wierd, it's mod intensity lowered by swinging rate and halved if a ranged weapon (bow/crossbow). then the % on the weapon isn't even the amount leeched, it's a number 0-60% of that number If I remember right

S

shulginist

I had one like that for one day after I got it then after the next server up it was changed to 100%.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 16, 2006
here is a link to give you a ideA how the formula works
http://www.uoguide.com/Hit_Mana_Leech
this is the same for life leach
stamina leech is the same old formula as far as i am aware
and from reading that, Calm would be as follows leech anywhere between 0-100% of 40% of the damage delt. while with the old formula it would leach 100%chance of damage delt. Soul seeker's formula is 0-30% of 40% of damage delt or damage delt x.4 which is the same thing. while the old formula was 40% chance to leach damage delt. Still looks like a nerf :/. Anyway, but Calm should be 100%. Did the OP check after server up like someone else mentioned theirs changed after server up?

Edit: While looking at the tables, i noticed that the leach shouldn't be 100% and whats why people are confusing this with how it should be, but the fact is, calm, subdue, ect's mod property is 200% not 100% as it was 100% before the change in how leaches worked thus it should remain 100%