• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone know the current vendor upkeep formula?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking for how to calculate upkeep based on the price of the item. Also looking for confirmation when upkeep is applied. Is it once a day as a whole or is it applied once a day individually and then is there a different one applied when they item sells or is it applied again?

I found several when I searched, but I don't know if they are the version going on right now. Thank you in advance for your help.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is applied as soon as the item is put on the vendor. They changed the formula a while ago, it used to be at the end of every day it would charge the price, now it charges every few seconds. So if before it was 1k per day, now it's like 5 gold per second or something like that. I don't think it charges again when it gets sold though. They changed it because people were manipulating the system, taking all the stuff off the vendor right before server down, then putting it all back after server down so they wouldn't get charged the daily fee.

Not sure on the official formula for how much it charges.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct me if I am wrong because this could have changed. It's 60 gold per day for the vendor, plus 1% of the cost of all items on the vendor per day.

If you have items on your vendor and they cumulatively add up to 100mill, you will be charged 1000060 each day.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The formula is still the same:
Vendor fee per r/l day = ((sum of all items / 1000) + 10) * 6
but you will be continually charged, not only once a day.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The base upkeep is 60 without anything on it. Upon putting one item for 500k (500,000)... the upkeep went to 3,060.
I put a rune on for 750k (750,000) and got an upkeep of 4560.

Neither formula above works. For some reason it looks like it is just a flat % as it went up by 1/2 when I increased the price by 1/2.
It isn't any of the formulas I found when I searched and I'm super confused.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix - Do you have the equation to help a merchant out?

I'm trying to redo a portion of my pricing sheet, but need to know upkeep so I can make sure I'm still making gold and won't be in the negative.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
that's weird, I just verified the formula on my vendor and it's still spot on.
We are talking about a regular vendor, not a New Magicia trader, do I get this right?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep. I put a rune on my vendor and that's the upkeep I got for those two amounts. I'm based outside of Umbra. These vendors have been around for awhile, but I can't fathom that making a difference.

What upkeep are you getting for a 500k item and a 750k item? I can try to place a new vendor later and see if there is any difference between them.

It is quite possible I'm misunderstanding your formula or doing the math wrong. I'm under the influence of dayquil and that always makes my brain fuzzy because of the sinus stuff in it.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
my vendor says it would cost 7'560 gp per day. I took a scribe pen @ 500k + a rune @ 750k to have it exactly the same way you have it.

Now calculated with the formula:
500k + 750k = 1250k (sum of all wares for sale)
1'250'000 / 1000 = 1'250
1'250 + 10 (base fee) = 1'260
1'260 * 6 = 7'560 gp / day
so, my vendor must be in the vendor union and unfortunately asking the usual fee - maybe yours is a cheaper freelancer? :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whenever your mad at your vendor for charging too much, remember that we have the option to pay them only 60 gold a day while watching them suffer standing outside our house in the heat, rain, and snow, on tired feet, wearing whatever bulky, ridiculously colored clothes we make them wear. Being a vendor is a hard life ya know ;)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So one item at 500k
500,000/1000 = 500
500+10 = 510
510 x 6 =3060 is spot on.

You're right! An' I'm fuzzy-brained. Thank you for being patient with me, Lord Obsidian. :grouphug: