• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

does anyone know how to

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how to input text in EC using keyboard, not using clipboard tricks?
to anyone wonder how dumb question is, one more detail - not in English language.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Press enter first then type the text that you wish to speak followed by enter again to display it.

If you set the EC to Legacy mode, you don't have to hit enter first but you lose the ability to use keys as macros without shift,cntrl,etc..

It took me a few months to get used to pressing enter first but once you get it down it becomes natural.

Also, if you wish to emote you press enter then "/" followed by an "E" then a "space" and that sets it to emote mode. Every thing you write will come out as an emote until you reset it to speech mode which is "Enter"-"/"- "S",-"Space"

Whisper mode would be a "W" instead of "E" and "S" but whisper seems to be broken.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your meaning how to copy text into EC. Its control-v to paste or control-c to copy.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm reading it correctly, I think the problem is one of inputting laguages in different character sets. Things like Cyrillic, Arabic, or Asian characters.

I think it should be the same as inputting it into any other program, by using the IME(?) for that language.
That way, when you type, rather than what you type going directly to the target program, it passes through am intermediate thing, which translates the roman characters to the appropriate character.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah, I didn't catch the 'not in english language' part

I read it and saw it but it just didn't register in my noggin and I lack the computer skills to be of any help :(

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It works for random result like typing Cyrillic to get random extended latin mix

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using Alt Codes works, if you're after just the odd letter... Not all of them seem to be implemented though; the Greek letters seem to be incomplete for instance, with alt 224 not giving Alpha (I was trying to get around the limitation on NPC names, which foolishly disables "Compassion")... anyway, here's the codes for each. Use the numpad to input them.

http://www.alt-codes.net/

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't understand your previous reply, but now, am I understinding it right that you're meaning to use languages that don't use Roman characters, with a keyboard of that language?
That pressing a key that should correspond to a non-Roman character is resulting in a roman character?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
read note.
Therefore, some imbecile was told (or did he volunteer?—whatever) to Russianize a keyboard that was available. And this imbecile, apparently a programmer, did not do just a silly thing, but perpetrated a crime by putting comma in the upper case, his reasoning being the Russian alphabet is long, while the number of keys on the keyboard is only enough for the Latin alphabet.