• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Anatomy] Does Anatomy OVER 80 help with Healing?

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than restoring more hit points, I mean.

I have a rather crowded template with a ninja-warrior-healer player and I'm looking to squeeze in skills where I can. One thought I had was stopping anatomy at 80, since that's the minimum for resurrection.

But that leads to another question. I know the healing skill has success rates for resurrect and curing poison increase with increased skill, but does that also apply to anatomy? That is, does (say) 100 in Anatomy improve your chances of successful resurrection or curing compared to 80 Anatomy? Or is the "60 for curing / 80 for rezzing" requirements for Anatomy simply an all or nothing, where if you have it your success chances are only related to your healing skill, so that someone with Anatomy 100 has the same chance to rez/cure as someone with Anatomy 80 (assuming the same Healing skill)?

I know with more Anatomy you get more HP back when healing wounds, but that's not the question here. I'm wondering if "more is better" for curing and rezzing or if there is no benefit to success chances above the minimum requirements.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was 81 both anat and healing for ressing. Other then that it makes little difference. Most of my dexxer temps do not have anat and use pots for the cure.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got a char with 90/90 healing/anat and one with 120/120. The latter does much better at rezzing and curing high level poison. For poison , you could just carry orange petals and cure pots. For rezzing, a separate set of jewelry with healing and anatomy on it will help.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I have seen a significant increase in the amount of damage healed from moving anat from 90 to 120. Almost all poisons cured on first attempt, rezzing usually on first or second attempt. Not to mention the increase in the amount of damage (AI went from 170 ish to 186-198).

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I have seen a significant increase in the amount of damage healed from moving anat from 90 to 120. Almost all poisons cured on first attempt, rezzing usually on first or second attempt. Not to mention the increase in the amount of damage (AI went from 170 ish to 186-198).
Anatomy won't affect that at all.

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got a char with 90/90 healing/anat and one with 120/120. The latter does much better at rezzing and curing high level poison. For poison , you could just carry orange petals and cure pots. For rezzing, a separate set of jewelry with healing and anatomy on it will help.
I know the 120/120 would heal more points and have a better chance curing deadly poison than 90/90. But is that *only* because of the 120 healing or does increasing the anat also help there? In other words, would 120 heal/120 anat have a better chance of curing high level poisons or resurrecting other players than someone who was 120 healing/90 anat? Or is all the difference in higher anatomy related to healing more hit points?

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the 120/120 would heal more points and have a better chance curing deadly poison than 90/90. But is that *only* because of the 120 healing or does increasing the anat also help there? In other words, would 120 heal/120 anat have a better chance of curing high level poisons or resurrecting other players than someone who was 120 healing/90 anat? Or is all the difference in higher anatomy related to healing more hit points?
I do not know that and did try to not say that. Both stratics and uoguide do not state that either. Based on the facts given to us, i would believe only healing skill affects the cure and rezz chance, but im not sure about that. Would probably need some experiments.

What i know is, in case this is a pvm char, is that 120/120 healing/anat , pots and 120 ninjitsu for mirror images is good enough to solo peerless quality stuff, 90 healing / 81 anatomy is not good enough for this task.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm guessing 90/81 would work, since 90/90 is certainly good enough to solo at least Dread Horn and Paroxysmus. Most likely Medusa too, I haven't tried with this template though.

120 weapon skill
120 parry
120 bushido
99 necromancy
90 tactics
90 anatomy
90 healing
60 chivalry

Of course I'm probably going to retire this template soon, dropping parry, raising tactics to 120 and healing/anat to 100. Or anatomy to 120 and tactics to 100, I haven't decided. I use up too many properties on skill bonuses right now, like the midnight bracers which are awful other than the 20 necromancy bonus.