• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you need to be in factions to get silver from the invasion?

• Thread starter ShaunOfPac
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

ShaunOfPac

????

I'm curious, I have 20k faction silver from pre_AoS, when you could only get it from killing someone and it was only 40 silver per kill. Wondering how easy they make it to get it now.:(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shaun, unless something has changed in the last day or two, you will not get silver from killing crimson dragons with a faction character. However, the good news is that if your faction character dies to one of them, you also don't go into skill loss.

You get faction silver for killing the other invasion monsters and corrupted townsfolk using a faction character. Killing corrupted townsfolk, however, causes some karma loss. And dying to invasion monsters (other than crimson dragons) or corrupted townsfolk while using a faction character will put you in skill loss.

*Caveat: The above information is what I found to be true using TB faction characters. I haven't had a chance to try it on another shard yet with characters in Minax. *

I have read some posts made yesterday or Thursday about being put into skill loss if you use a faction character for trick or treating and die in the process. The posts I saw seemed to imply this happened in Luna, so it would seem the NPCs that did the killing were not corrupted. Also, there were posts indicating that faction characters that were killed trick or treating were lootable by the public; however that might have happened because the character was in the thieves' guild.

C

Coyt

you can get silver from killing other faciotners(in felucca)
and you can get silver form killing faction tied monsters
mx- ogre lords
tb- silver serpents
sl- deamons
CoM- wisps
they give up to 40 silver each depending on how taxed your faction is
if in sl you cant get silver form deamons, or if in tb form silver serpents etc

invasion mob gives around 1-6 silver each, so really not the place ot farm silver at

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mx- ogre lords
tb- silver serpents
sl- deamons
CoM- wisps

invasion mob gives around 1-6 silver each, so really not the place ot farm silver at
Where/How would you recommend farming silver sir?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mx- ogre lords
tb- silver serpents
sl- deamons
CoM- wisps

Where/How would you recommend farming silver sir?
It depends which faction you are in, but keep in mind that only Fel monsters will give silver. For instance, if you are Minax, you want to kill Daemons in Wind, Daemon Temple and Hythloth, as opposed to Daemons in Ilshenar.

In any case, you can find Daemons in the places mentioned above. Ogre Lords in Despise, Silver Serpents at Blighted Grove and Rat Spawns, Wisps are located in the Crystal Dungeon/Nu'jelm, Oak's Spawn and in the forest near Blighted Grove.

Hope this helps! I may be missing a few spawn locations, but those are the ones I can think of atm.