• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you like decorative plants?

• Thread starter Lady_Kattalina
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lady_Kattalina

If you're reading this thread now because you do like decorative plants then please post a reply and let me know which plants you like most. And even which colors of your favorite plants you like.

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm a plant connoisseur of sorts and I thought Catskills might like a nice decorative plant vendor. At the moment I'm still in the process of completing my collection (expect to be finished by the end of the month) and anticipating the release of new plants to grow--I'm hoping that's not just a rumor.

So if you'd like me to grow a certain type and/or color of any plants currently available in the plant system, let me know here and I'll be sure to have it stocked. :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this and respond!

All the best,
Katt

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dabble in plants a bit myself at times. Mostly with the plants that produce resources though. I'm afraid I may be the very worst home decorator in all of UO, and you would know this if you ever saw my rooftop garden area.

I digress though what I wanted to do was give you this information from the FoF this week.
The current plan is for Publish 55 to hit TC next week, but this is a good weekend to work on any Spring Cleaning collection you've been putting off, gardeners may want to lay in extra supplies of fertile dirt (the new plant types are up to 15 now, not 10!) and the more martial among us should be certain to polish their weapons and perfect their spells - while there is a lull in the battle right now, the war is not yet over...
So as you can see we will have lots of new plants. The rumor is though none will produce new resources so thats a bit of a disappointment.

L

Lady_Kattalina

I have more resource seeds than I know what to do with... I'm a little obsessed with the plants though. I've nearly got every one available in UO.. once my seeds produce from my recent cross-breeding I'll be a step closer to a full collection. :D

Thank you for that quote! Would you happen to know the type of plants they plan to release with Pub 55 ?

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only new plant that I know of for sure is the Cocoa tree, and to correct myself, it will produce a resource for making chocolate. All I do know is that the new seeds will drop from monsters, which ones not determined yet.

S

Sabbath

Hi Kat - I'm on Catskills and when I was deco'ing my house I recall how difficult it was to simply find good (affordable) quantities of 'normal' colored plants. You know, green stems with colored flowers. The only Luna vendor that stocks them in good quantities knows their relative scarcity and puts a steep 10k gold price tag on them.

So I vote for all normal colored (and reasonably priced) plants - thanks for helping to beautify Catskills!:thumbup:

Ankanna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been on the look out for white and purple plants, but I also like the regular plants.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dug up some more info for about the upcoming plants. Hope this helps you more.

"Can the new seeds (announced at the Town Hall) be cross-pollinated?"

No - none of the new seeds can be cross-pollinated, including the Cocoa tree. The non-cocoa seeds will drop as "a peculiar seed" by certain (TBD) monsters. They won't give seeds of their own and won't give resources. The upside? There are ten possible plants the seeds can grow into!

The Cocoa tree will come from "a fragrant seed", also dropped by monsters, and will give the "cocoa pulp" resource, which Chefs can render into Cocoa Liquor or Cocoa Butter. They will also give more fragrant seeds.
As you now know since this statement was made they have increased the number of plants to 15 now. Still I think the rest of it is correct.

V

Vita Sackville

I have a plant vendor shop, located at 25 9 N X 47 23 W. Basically south west on the island of Makoto-Jima. I keep over 20 vendors, all plant types and colors (including the rare colors). I do try to keep seeds of all those in stock as well! Restocking occurs usually once a day of plain plants, and once a week for the colored plants. Also I keep a chest for a seed exchange if you want to drop off your spare seeds, or take a few of mine that are overstock! :)

Attachments

L

Lady_Kattalina

10k for plants?! oh my jeebus...

I was thinking more along the lines of 500gp... I'm actually going to calculate the cost of potions to the percentage of use type thing and get a fair price. I wouldn't charge more than it takes to grow them. Especially because I don't find growing them to be a difficult task. Just check them once a day. ;p

And I have a ton of plain seeds someone dropped off for me a long while back... maybe I'll start growing them, what type of plants were you looking for?

L

Lady_Kattalina

Awesome! I'll have to stop by and check out your vendor.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're reading this thread now because you do like decorative plants then please post a reply and let me know which plants you like most. And even which colors of your favorite plants you like.

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm a plant connoisseur of sorts and I thought Catskills might like a nice decorative plant vendor. At the moment I'm still in the process of completing my collection (expect to be finished by the end of the month) and anticipating the release of new plants to grow--I'm hoping that's not just a rumor.

So if you'd like me to grow a certain type and/or color of any plants currently available in the plant system, let me know here and I'll be sure to have it stocked. :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this and respond!

All the best,
Katt
I like them for decorating, but I generally tend to buy the ones that are natural colored, or green. The bright colored ones just seem to stand out too much for my taste.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't be a client anytime soon (don't play Cats really) but I guess another opinion won't hurt.
Apart from a rainbow row on top of one tower and some corner decoration in a specific colour, I prefer naturally coloured plants.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hardest part of decorating with plants on Cats is the cost. Four years ago I could find plants in large quantities for around 500 gold each, the rare colours for 1000, and the mutants for 10000. Now the plain common plants can run you 5000 gold, I won't pay that ever. Plain natural coloured plants for a decent price is impossible to find lately.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am using decorative plants for the house. I use only plants with natural color, and I prefer those fitting into a pirate-beach-jungle neighborhood.

From Kattalina's signiture I am getting eye cancer (no offense, har har!)
;-)

N

natfbrazil

Do any of you have an up to date link that shows plants, which are rare, etc. I inherited like 200 and need to decide what to do with them, many whites, many others.

Also, do rare or mutant plants always say so in their titles?

Thanks!